Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax USA Looking for a PR Person

Hope this is the right place in the forum, but Pentax USA has posted a job opening for a PR and Trade Show Manager.

This is looks to be a good sign that Pentax is planning to promote their products more in the US.

http://c758710.r10.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/careers/PRandTradeShows.pdf

Last edited by bigdog104; 02-23-2012 at 04:22 PM.
02-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

What they need is an advertising person.
02-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

God that'd be such a fun job. Shame I'm in the UK
02-23-2012, 04:32 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There was another thread on the topic, but now I can't find it. One of our members should take that position!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
One of our members should take that position!
+1 That would be awesome!
02-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Ah, the jokes write themselves.
02-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I agree, an excellent sign!

Here are the Specs for the job:

This position is responsible for developing and executing media relations, PR strategies, national and regional
trade shows, corporate events and programs that build PENTAX as a leading and enduring brand.
MAJOR DUTIES
 Develop and manage editorial press relations and accept responsibility for PR programs, including news
writing, distribution, and product embargo protection.
 Actively seek out editorial relationships and publicity opportunities, and work with news media professionals
to relay PENTAX stories.
 Plan, prepare and disseminate information concerning PENTAX directly to media contacts, as well as
through wire service and PENTAX websites and social media outlets (in collaboration with social media
coordinator).
 Plan and execute various year-round trade shows/events of varying sizes in various U.S. cities. Planning
and execution includes but is not limited to: space selection, budget research, exhibit house selection and
management, communicating and gaining executive approval for space design and budget, ordering show
services, organizing show staff and executing show/events from beginning to end. Travel is required.
 Coordinate product including review and loaner equipment and trade show inventory. This position is
repsonsible for packing and shipping this inventory. Also responsible for maintaining, inspecting, returning
and reconciling all equipment to assure the best presentation of Pentax product. Pack and unpack trade
show materials in coordination with show schedule. Ensure marketing literature, batteries, accessories and
show supply levels to provide adequate show support

Have they advertised for a Website Manager too?

Last edited by Docrwm; 02-23-2012 at 08:35 PM.
02-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
Veteran Member

There was another thread on the topic, but now I can't find it.
This one? https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-industry/176599-okay-...ce-pentax.html
02-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope I need to revise my negative opinion of Pentax USA marketing and my snipes at the two most visible executives. It will be my pleasure so to do.
02-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There was another thread on the topic, but now I can't find it. One of our members should take that position!
Please. That would be like Donald Trump becoming the president of the United States of America.
02-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I agree, an excellent sign!

Here are the Specs for the job:

This position is responsible for developing and executing media relations, PR strategies, national and regional
trade shows, corporate events and programs that build PENTAX as a leading and enduring brand.
MAJOR DUTIES
 Develop and manage editorial press relations and accept responsibility for PR programs, including news
writing, distribution, and product embargo protection.
 Actively seek out editorial relationships and publicity opportunities, and work with news media professionals
to relay PENTAX stories.
 Plan, prepare and disseminate information concerning PENTAX directly to media contacts, as well as
through wire service and PENTAX websites and social media outlets (in collaboration with social media
coordinator).
 Plan and execute various year-round trade shows/events of varying sizes in various U.S. cities. Planning
and execution includes but is not limited to: space selection, budget research, exhibit house selection and
management, communicating and gaining executive approval for space design and budget, ordering show
services, organizing show staff and executing show/events from beginning to end. Travel is required.
 Coordinate product including review and loaner equipment and trade show inventory. This position is
repsonsible for packing and shipping this inventory. Also responsible for maintaining, inspecting, returning
and reconciling all equipment to assure the best presentation of Pentax product. Pack and unpack trade
show materials in coordination with show schedule. Ensure marketing literature, batteries, accessories and
show supply levels to provide adequate show support
Be able to happily work from a broom closet.
I added the bit your neglected to copy, Doc...
02-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Seriously, someone send in your resume. If I weren't in another industry I would certainly send in mine

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-26-2012, 02:14 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I don't live in the USA.. if this was a Canadian posting I would in a heartbeat.. I might even hold off on the D800 purchase if I got the job! I would imagine you would also get a pretty good employee discount...

Falk should apply... but I think his vast knowledge would scare John Carlson into early retirement... hmm maybe a good thing?
02-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Another requirement should be included:
- Be able to work with your colleagues.
Chex, sorry, you failed.
02-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #15
JFN
Veteran Member

Damn, interesting job indeed, and it fits my profile completely, though unfortunately (for them, hehe) I am not interested in moving to the U.S.