Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Press Conference Planning for January

I am starting to put together the Pentax Press Conference here in France for January. They have taken my concept lock stock and barrel. I am co-ordinating with the Marketing Director. As soon as the conference ends, I will report to all of you here. I can't discuss the concept as it is very novel and has never been done before. The press will love it.

Best Wishes
Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 01-04-2008 at 06:43 PM.
01-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #2

Ben, you're the TORTURER! LOL
01-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice Ben, very nice.

One thing though.....

The Project Manager in me needs to know commitment dates so I can update my schedule. What date should I pencil in for the French Press Conference ?

bazz.
01-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #4

Me first

Does anyone know anything about the Dubai Press release on the 10th of this month?

I fly into Dubai that day for a 24hr stop over, would love to see it first hand.

Ben, do you know if your press conferences will be early, mid or late January?

Crash

01-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crashman Quote
Does anyone know anything about the Dubai Press release on the 10th of this month?

I fly into Dubai that day for a 24hr stop over, would love to see it first hand.

Ben, do you know if your press conferences will be early, mid or late January?

Crash
I know the exact date and hour....
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #6

Be nice Ben,

Seriously though, is the press conference open to the public or is it simply for a selected few?

Crash
01-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
Syb
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I can't discuss the concept as it is very novel and never done before.

Ben
So. Are the new bodies given away to the journalists paying a visit? If you want journalists to come to a product innovation press conference for a marginal player on the market, you will either have to:

1. give away big presents;
2. have a big star to present the thing;
3. have a oneliner that will really attract (Even a yell like "Pentax formally wants to buy the Nikon corporation" is not interesting for the mass media);

or all of the above. And: you will have to tell that IN ADVANCE

So. Ben.

We are listening...

01-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Be nice Ben,

Seriously though, is the press conference open to the public or is it simply for a selected few?

Crash
It is exclusively for the Press
01-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #9

Damn! Damn! Damn!

Ben, is the release in the morning or afternoon?

I have no idea what time I am arriving yet, I will have to get the latest information from here then.
01-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
So. Are the new bodies given away to the journalists paying a visit? If you want journalists to come to a product innovation press conference for a marginal player on the market, you will either have to:

1. give away big presents;
2. have a big star to present the thing;
3. have a oneliner that will really attract (Even a yell like "Pentax formally wants to buy the Nikon corporation" is not interesting for the mass media);

or all of the above. And: you will have to tell that IN ADVANCE

So. Ben.

We are listening...
as one of the very few photojs that use Pentax cameras yes i should get 1 of each cameras lol

i think that is one fault with Pentax they as far as i know have no photoj bata testers i am available LOL

i mean Nikon and Cannon cameras are taken to war that is one hell of a testing ground. thow i would take my Pentax cameras to cover one . evin small time stuff that i do puts cameras throw a hard life howers in the rain, snow, fire, ect....
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Damn! Damn! Damn!

Ben, is the release in the morning or afternoon?

I have no idea what time I am arriving yet, I will have to get the latest information from here then.
I'm sincerely sorry...I can't give the time of day or date as that would be like telling the enemy when you plan on attacking them.

I will say that the journalists will play with the new stuff in a way that will give some of them the kind of buzz that many have dreamt about. I am referring to the actual event that is.

There will be several of the new toys, so they can check them out. There will be an assistant there to show them the features which is common.

My work will be posted through out the venue, where I will autograph A4 images for them. I will also be available for interviews as well. As to the technical stuff..I hope they don't ask.

I know some of you will think, what a Fat headed, egocentric, dying for attention assh-le...But that is what i am doing. As simple as that.

Best Wishes
Ben
01-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #12

Goodness all around

What is good for friend Ben is good for Pentax is good for all Pentaxians.

I must say, that I am starting to sit on the edge of my seat!
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I'm sincerely sorry...I can't give the time of day or date as that would be like telling the enemy when you plan on attacking them.

I will say that the journalists will play with the new stuff in a way that will give some of them the kind of buzz that many have dreamt about. I am referring to the actual event that is.

There will be several of the new toys, so they can check them out. There will be an assistant there to show them the features which is common.

My work will be posted through out the venue, where I will autograph A4 images for them. I will also be available for interviews as well. As to the technical stuff..I hope they don't ask.

I know some of you will think, what a Fat headed, egocentric, dying for attention assh-le...But that is what i am doing. As simple as that.

Best Wishes
Ben
Will the journalists be able to release the info to the public after the conference?
01-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by darthkir Quote
Will the journalists be able to release the info to the public after the conference?
It would be a very strange press conference if that weren't the point.
01-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #15

I wonder if I can get some Media credentials quick smart??

Ben, How long will you be in Dubai? Have you been there before?

Crash