Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I'm sincerely sorry...I can't give the time of day or date as that would be like telling the enemy when you plan on attacking them.

I will say that the journalists will play with the new stuff in a way that will give some of them the kind of buzz that many have dreamt about. I am referring to the actual event that is.

There will be several of the new toys, so they can check them out. There will be an assistant there to show them the features which is common.

My work will be posted through out the venue, where I will autograph A4 images for them. I will also be available for interviews as well. As to the technical stuff..I hope they don't ask.

I know some of you will think, what a Fat headed, egocentric, dying for attention assh-le...But that is what i am doing. As simple as that.

Best Wishes
Ben
Wait a minute - that last photo I saw of you trying to get into a car bu++ naked showed some serious weight issues (and serious white balance problems too... )... Now you're telling me your head is fat? What the .... ???

Regardless of the personal comments about Ben, I think this will be very good for the industry. What better thing to have than an established, recognized photographer backing up the return of Pentax to a larger presence in the camera industry in France, etc. where photography thrives? (Ben - obviously you getting attention is a great side-effect for you too.)

Perhaps some people forget is this: it should ultimately be good press for Pentax. Why would the Pentax France folks otherwise agree to it? Think about it...

OK, I am done now...

Regards,
Marc

01-05-2008, 07:19 AM   #32
Veteran Member

This is a very exciting time for Pentax.

We know Ben won't be at the conference on the 10th, does that mean that this one will be on the 10th? What if there are even more conferences? Like a conference everywhere on the 10th?

Even if there were just the two, it'd be very cool if they were on the same day. All of the press would be buzzing. Hopefully this camera can create the kind of spark that some other products have been able to do. (Of course it won't be to the same extent) Like the iPhone or any new iPod for that matter.
01-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TomInJax Quote
No Ben! We don't think you are Fat headed!!!
OHHHHH I am still laughing as I am writing this...Thanks, I needed that
01-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
You sound like a Canon kind of guy...Ever considered switching? I can turn you on to those responsible for doing so. I was sponsored by them before Pentax.
This is interesting, Ben. What were the reasons you dumped Canon for Pentax at the time? Which killer features do Pentaxs have that Canons are lacking?

01-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Hmmmm...

Has it ever been positively established who was the dumper and who was the dumpee?

Or if it was a case of wanting to be a big fish in a small sea instead of a small fish in a big one?

Last edited by Tom Lusk; 01-05-2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Clarification.
01-06-2008, 05:02 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
Has it ever been positively established who was the dumper and who was the dumpee?

Or if it was a case of wanting to be a big fish in a small sea instead of a small fish in a big one?
In Nov of 2006 I started my communications with Pentax. As a result of those disucussions, I officially came on board with PENTAX and left CANON in January 2007. Canon were informed of my parting after the Pentax deal was cut...

Ben
01-06-2008, 05:52 AM   #37

Ben, is it possible for you to tell us if the new camera is due to be available in the first or second quarter of 2008. Or is that info also under NDA?

01-06-2008, 06:31 AM   #38
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by crashman Quote
Does anyone know anything about the Dubai Press release on the 10th of this month?

I fly into Dubai that day for a 24hr stop over, would love to see it first hand.

Ben, do you know if your press conferences will be early, mid or late January?

Crash
I am affraid that this Dubai event will be internal affairs only. I know that local Product Manager is flying there with a couple of journalists but don't know when info will be disclosed to general public.
01-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #39
Busiko

Be careful with what you say

[QUOTE=35mmfilm_user;146325]Wait a minute - ..., I think this will be very good for the industry. What better thing to have than an established, recognized photographer backing up the return of Pentax to a larger presence in the camera industry in France, etc. where photography thrives? .../QUOTE]
In other words... FF photography!???
01-06-2008, 10:32 AM   #40
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
So. Are the new bodies given away to the journalists paying a visit? If you want journalists to come to a product innovation press conference for a marginal player on the market, you will either have to:

2. have a big star to present the thing;

2. I can't imagine Ben wearing fancy underwear to do the presentation. They have to put on a nicer idea. As Ben says, something new and attractive, as he is capable to do.
01-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
I am affraid that this Dubai event will be internal affairs only. I know that local Product Manager is flying there with a couple of journalists but don't know when info will be disclosed to general public.
Well, I'm hoping there won't be any NDA there in Dubai. Pentax would be better served to create a lot of buzz before Canon comes out with their announcements and hog the media coverage. Oh yeah, I read from the other forum that Nikon's turning 90 this year, so they may have something up their sleeves as well.
01-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #42

The press conference in Paris is on the 23rd. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an NDA for the Dubai one. It's common practice to ask journalists to keep their info for a few days. Not too much of a price to pay for a free trip to Dubai. There're bound to be some leaks though.
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jms698 Quote
This is interesting, Ben. What were the reasons you dumped Canon for Pentax at the time? Which killer features do Pentaxs have that Canons are lacking?
Perhaps because even if CaNikon rule the firepower stakes, IF pentax can release a cost effective MF solution they will rule the IQ roost. For most portrait and fashion pros this would put Pentax in a different league.
01-07-2008, 12:52 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Dear Ben, answer me, please,
As for firmware for K10D -
I wrote the letter to Pentax about functionality
like Pentax had made in 1.10 firmware.
I was surprised. Some of this points were I asked before.
What does this mean? You just wrote a letter to Pentax asking for additional functionality in a firmware update?

Did they actually answer you (or even read the letter)? If so, what did they say?
01-07-2008, 02:27 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by svenka Quote
The press conference in Paris is on the 23rd. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an NDA for the Dubai one. It's common practice to ask journalists to keep their info for a few days. Not too much of a price to pay for a free trip to Dubai. There're bound to be some leaks though.
You're probably right. Wouldn't hurt to create the buzz before CaNikon does, though. I'm pretty sure the Sony A200 gets its free, unmolested media space from now until PMA. Good for Sony since at least the A200 camera will be on people's minds, whether good or not.