K20D wishes

Assuming that following semiconfirmed rumours come true:

14 or more MP APS-C
3 fps at fullres and 14 bit RAW
Higher fps(higher than 10fps) with less than 14 bit and lower resolution
Live view with contrast AF
Image review (and live view) in viewfinder

My wishes for the K20D would be:
- crop selector when in live view mode: 1.5(14 MP), 2.0(8 MP) and 2.5(5 MP). A 17-70 mm lens would then cover 26-175 mm in 35 mm equiv focal lengths. 18-250 would cover 27- 625 mm!! and still with enough resolution for at least A4 prints. Of course this could also be cropped from a fullres image but image composition and fps would benefit from a crop selector.
- RAW files option for lower res images.
- Decent AF speed in live view mode!

Regarding the sensor, i have seen a pentax patent (search in japanese patent database for Pentax Image Sensor) that deals with a readout method of pixel data that does not need amplifiers on readout channels (4 channels). This should render lower noise since amplifiers also amplifies noise. The patent references to a standard bayer pattern sensor , a CMYK pattern sensor and also to a 45 degree layout of pixels (like Fuji). Theres definitely something interesting coming from Pentax wrt sensor technology. Personally i hope for a 45 degree pixel layout.

In a few days we will know!
/Mats

01-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I just wish Pentax would release some new lenses. I'm quite happy with the K10D.
01-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mats Quote
Assuming that following semiconfirmed rumours come true:

14 or more MP APS-C
3 fps at fullres and 14 bit RAW
Higher fps(higher than 10fps) with less than 14 bit and lower resolution
Live view with contrast AF
Image review (and live view) in viewfinder

My wishes for the K20D would be:
- crop selector when in live view mode: 1.5(14 MP), 2.0(8 MP) and 2.5(5 MP). A 17-70 mm lens would then cover 26-175 mm in 35 mm equiv focal lengths. 18-250 would cover 27- 625 mm!! and still with enough resolution for at least A4 prints. Of course this could also be cropped from a fullres image but image composition and fps would benefit from a crop selector.
- RAW files option for lower res images.
- Decent AF speed in live view mode!

Regarding the sensor, i have seen a pentax patent (search in japanese patent database for Pentax Image Sensor) that deals with a readout method of pixel data that does not need amplifiers on readout channels (4 channels). This should render lower noise since amplifiers also amplifies noise. The patent references to a standard bayer pattern sensor , a CMYK pattern sensor and also to a 45 degree layout of pixels (like Fuji). Theres definitely something interesting coming from Pentax wrt sensor technology. Personally i hope for a 45 degree pixel layout.

In a few days we will know!
/Mats
More than 10fps?! What are you taking pictures of?

I would be happy with 3fps full rez 14bits, 5fps full rez 12bits and 7fps in some kind of special mode.

I tried the 40D and 6fps seems really fast!
01-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Maybe you should consider buying the famous RED movie camera - 60fps at 12Mpixels. It should do the job.

01-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote

I would be happy with 3fps full rez 14bits, 5fps full rez 12bits and 7fps in some kind of special mode.

I tried the 40D and 6fps seems really fast!
Didnt say i wanted 10 fps, said that rumours says more than 10. Im quite happy with 3-5 fps.
/Mats