Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #76
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The Asahiflex, the first SLR, was introduced May, 1952. May 1953 will be the 60th ANNIVERSARY of its introduction (yes, it will be 61 years in existence, but 60th "Birthday"). LX = 60 in Roman Numerals, as we know from the analog version, denoting the 60th Anniversary of Asahi Optical Co.

Ergo my sig predicts an LX-D will be released during the first half of 2013. My prediction, based on nothing more than a feeling and a broad reading of many subjects, is that new body will be a unique body with a sensor larger than APSc. The idea is part of my general belief that Ricoh has a long term plan to build the Pentax brand; they will start implementing their plan around Photokina late this summer. Sometimes I refer to the Plan as Shock and Awe.

Member Asahiflex has come to the same conclusion at around the same time. He suggests the "unique" feature will be interchangebale viewfinders.

that all sounds brilliant.

fingers crossed is all i can say...

03-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #77
Veteran Member

The Asahiflex, the first SLR, was introduced May, 1952. May 1953 will be the 60th ANNIVERSARY of its introduction (yes, it will be 61 years in existence, but 60th "Birthday")..
I think you might have that wrong.
03-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I think you might have that wrong.
The calendar or the Asahiflex?

RE: the calendar, we argued about this for an entire year in 2000 (the new millennium did/didn't start until 01/01/01) because the calendar didn't start at Zero, but you did. Your first birthday is after a year has elapsed - so your 60th birthday anniversary is after 61 years have elapsed. The LX celebrated the 60th anniversary of AOC, which had happened the previous year. Whatever the correct calendar interpretation PRI can justify LX-D as a "60th" celebration.

RE: 05/1952 Asahiflex, the first Japanese SLR (mass produced) - go here Asahi Optical Historical Club - Asahiflex
and history of Asahi Optical Company discusses introduction of the LX to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the founding of the company the previous year.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-06-2012 at 08:11 PM.
03-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #79
Veteran Member

The calendar or the Asahiflex?

RE: the calendar, we argued about this for an entire year in 2000 (the new millennium did/didn't start until 01/01/01) because the calendar didn't start at Zero, but you did. Your first birthday is after a year has elapsed - so your 60th birthday anniversary is after 61 years have elapsed.
That's a non-standard definition of anniversary, but a good way to weasel when you get your 'years married' wrong in front of your wife.

03-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
That's a non-standard definition of anniversary, but a good way to weasel when you get your 'years married' wrong in front of your wife.
Exactly the illustration I was working through to see if I'm right or wrong. So I did a spreadsheet. I think I'm wrong on the calendar thing but I don't care. They did it last time and they can do it again.
03-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Hell, while we're just making stuff up anyway, why don't they just announce it at Photokina?
03-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #82
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
+1

I agree. The grip, however, can easily be exchanged (price: about 60 €). .
How can the grip be exchanged? (It looks like an integral part of the body.) What is actually the difference in the grip anyway apart from the mouldings for the finger grips?

Last edited by Spock; 03-26-2012 at 10:36 PM.
03-27-2012, 12:44 AM   #83

It look nice, for whoever want to give the price. I guess collectors.

Last edited by StepOne; 03-27-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: wrong discution
03-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Member Asahiflex has come to the same conclusion at around the same time. He suggests the "unique" feature will be interchangeable viewfinders.
Interchangeable viewfinders makes alot of sense;
1) the camera can be delivered standard without a viewfinder - it will be like the K-01 mirrorless (the mirror will be constant in the up position with no optical finder attached).
2) An electronic finder will be one option (the mirror locked in the up position making the camera virtually a mirrorless design).
3) Optical finders of various properties turning the camera into a DSLR...

03-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #85
Pentaxian

Various modular concepts always make sense from a use/logical PoV.
However, manufacturing costs will kill those ideas or at least will relegate those to low marketshare.

Look at Ricoh's GXR. Idea is brilliant. Costs are pretty high.
03-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
It seems odd for Pentax to make a second run of Silver K-5s. I wonder if they are not just trying to buy some time. Maybe the K-5 replacement is not going to be ready this year and Pentax is trying to keep something fresh on the market.
maybe the different style grip that someone else has mentioned it has is a preview of the next K* body

I do love the looks but would rather have the body without the lens as I don't have to much use for a prime at that size

cheers
04-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #87
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Too flashy for my personal taste. I like my camera black.
04-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #88
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Looks like this camera has come and gone

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #89
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Looks like this camera has come and gone
There has been a lively debate about a bloggers opinion about the form and function of it and the lens.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/183098-cheap-shot-pentax.html
04-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #90
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
that the DA40XS will work on a DSLR. I'm going to order it

A lot of people have in fact ordered it; and even the new (black one, not the silver one included with the K-5) Pentax DA 40mm xs f2.8 is not expected to be out till the end of the month - and it's expected to be back ordered. I got my newer version XS in an outfit with a K-01; and was already offered more than double what it will retail for.

The new XS does have one minor issue though (on both the silver and black models); the front filter is only some 27mm. Have fun trying to find filters in those sizes. I've already purchased three different variations of step-up adapters