Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #46
Veteran Member

New functions on the grip. All those little pins on the grip mean something and go somewhere. Different number of pins for new features. You heard it here first folks

01-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
New functions on the grip. All those little pins on the grip mean something and go somewhere. Different number of pins for new features. You heard it here first folks
Pardon me asking Chris. Is this speculations or do you have solid information?

No offense intended. Non at all. I'm simply a blunt Norwegian. Asking is my nature.

Tim
01-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #48
JMS

Chris is one of the guys around here that you listen to- he's a huge Pentax dealer in Illinois. If something's coming, he'll know.
01-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Some of it is speculation based on a what an official said.

He stated that the grip for the K20D was going to be different so we asked if the K10D grip would fit. He said no and you wouldn't want to anyway because this grip is so much better.

Then on another note someone who actually handled the camera noted a few things including increased functionality.

Lastly the K200D grip mock-up that my co-worker saw at the Pentax HQ in Boulder Colorado is the grip in the pictures that can be seen all over the net. He also got a glimpse of the K20D grip and if all works the grip will also be the same.

So yes, mostly speculation but with a lot of backing to it.

01-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by JMS Quote
Chris is one of the guys around here that you listen to- he's a huge Pentax dealer in Illinois. If something's coming, he'll know.
Is there a weblink to the store? Could be a good resource for members looking for gear.
01-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by txbonds Quote
Is there a weblink to the store? Could be a good resource for members looking for gear.
There is but we don't sell anything online. You can order prints from us though

We started to do some ebay stuff, but it didn't work out. I'll keep the forum posted if we ever sell anything online.
01-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
So yes, mostly speculation but with a lot of backing to it.
Thank you Chris, for being strait, back.

And BTW. Your reasoning makes sense to me.

Interesting news. Just wondrer what it means
Could mean larger buffer in grip, also could mean something else. But most likely, some extra feature in the grip.

I like the concept of puting features in the grip. If you want them, then by it. If you don't, then don't. Thats pro thinking.

Tim

PS Thank you to JMS too.
01-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #53
Not Registered

Those pins are for pluging in the camera to the nintendo WII and use it as a game comander in those games where somebody plays to either be a good photographer or a guy with privileged information on an internet forum. In that game the camera has better high Iso that the D3 and the 1D MarkIII together.