Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I Know I'm late...

I've been on this forum since Sept. 2006 and today my first Pentax, a K10D has arrived! Yes I've been trying to learn a few things from some of the experienced people here before I took the plunge. It just took a lot longer then I thought it would. But I'm a very happy guy right now! I got an FA50mm f/1.4 lens to go with it. No kit lens for me, I grabbed a Pentax DA18-250mm zoom lens. It arrives tomorrow.

It's funny now that I get my camera that the new Sony is announced and the new Pentax bodies are coming later this month. I knew about the Pentax bodies of course but I figured the K10D will be fine for a noob like me just getting started. Also the price was hard to beat. I finally get to join the club and I couldn't be happier. It will take me some time I'm sure but I'll try to post some pictures when I figure out how to use this little jewel.

01-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

You are hereby dubbed a Pentaxian in good standing. Congrats on your purchase. You've got a GREAT camera that's capable of taking you pretty much anywhere you care to go on your photographic journey. Don't get overwhelmed by the owner's manual. Just start with the basics and get shooting.
01-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new camera. we're eagerly awaiting those prize winning shots... Have fun it's a steep learning curve at first but once you get comfortable with the features/controls, it is a camera that is easy to shoot with.
01-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on the purchase - it's a great camera (and I've got the 50mm f1.4 mounted on it right now - very good lens!). I'll be looking at the new Pentax bodies with great interest, but I'm happy with my K10D and am not looking to upgrade anytime particularly soon.

01-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the well wishes guys. Once I get it home and charged up I'll how it goes. Oh and Peter Zack, thanks for the K10D banner. I copy/pasted it into my new signature.