Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #511
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The French spec's read as if it is a K-01 internally with an OVF of some sort in a traditional dSLR-style body. As a K-01 owner, if that is the case, many, many users will be very, very happy with the camera capabilites and IQ. Remains to be seen how Green Button MF TAv/M Modes are handled (K-5 style or K-01 style) but that shouldn't be a big issue for the target users.

05-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #512
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You probably have the choice battery/AA in body (as K-R) + battery grip option with battery or battery/AA.
05-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #513
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
You probably have the choice battery/AA in body (as K-R) + battery grip option with battery or battery/AA.
You can use Pentax and AA batteries together to double the autonomy, accorded to the description.
05-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #514
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Hey, why give photo rumors hits when they're just slowly catching up with this thread?
This photo was already posted in the thread? I must have missed it. I saw the Photo Rumors post on Facebook.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The French spec's read as if it is a K-01 internally with an OVF of some sort in a traditional dSLR-style body. As a K-01 owner, if that is the case, many, many users will be very, very happy with the camera capabilites and IQ. Remains to be seen how Green Button MF TAv/M Modes are handled (K-5 style or K-01 style) but that shouldn't be a big issue for the target users.
Ergonomics seem pretty decent from what can be seen. There is a scroll wheel on the front, so we can assume there is one on the back too (aperture/shutter speed). That's a big positive. The WR is another big positive.

Yeah, I'm just hoping the lithium ion option is the D-LI90, but all signs so far point to no. I would like to pick up a K-30 to replace my K-7 that has some issues. The negative of different batteries would mean I have to lug around two types of batteries and chargers (I use two cameras often at events/conventions). This camera must have pretty low power requirements if it can run off of (presumably) 4 AA batteries.

05-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #515
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Couscousdelight Quote
You can use Pentax and AA batteries together to double the autonomy, accorded to the description.
Well, nobody said no accessory was involved.
This is a product marketing description.
05-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #516
Veteran Member

Well, nobody said no accessory was involved.
This is a product marketing description.
I don't know how it is in Belgium, but in France it's forbidden to announce specs that are only available with a third part. accessory not mentioned in the publicity, "publicité mensongère".
The text clearly said :

"...avec une double alimentation (batterie ET/OU AA) qui vous permet de photographier 2 fois plus longtemps..."

That can be translate like :
With a double alimentation, (rechargable battery AND/OR AA) which allows you to shoot two times longer.
Why did they wrote battery AND/OR AA ?
Battery AND AA ? They could write "battery OR AA" only.

Last edited by Couscousdelight; 05-16-2012 at 09:33 AM.
05-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #517
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Couscousdelight Quote
I don't know how it is in Belgium, but in France it's forbidden to announce specs that are only available with a third part. accessory not mentioned in the publicity, "publicité mensongère".
The text clearly said :

"...avec une double alimentation (batterie ET/OU AA) qui vous permet de photographier 2 fois plus longtemps..."

That can be translate like :
With a double alimentation, (rechargable battery AND/OR AA) which allows you to shoot two times longer.
Why did they wrote battery AND/OR AA ?
Battery AND AA ? They could wrote "battery OR AA" only.
I thought he was talking about genuine Pentax accessory such as the AA adapter that is available for the K-r.

05-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #518

but this accessory still "battery or AA"

my bet goes for a grip that allow you to have battery in the body and AA in the grip (like DB-G)

05-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #519
Loyal Site Supporter

I think Blue's post is the most plausible. grip's were never part of the kr/kx series, or the K100/200 for that matter
it's always been reserved for the higher end at Pentax.
05-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #520
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I think Blue's post is the most plausible. grip's were never part of the kr/kx series, or the K100/200 for that matter
it's always been reserved for the higher end at Pentax.
The K200d did have an optional grip. However, it and the grip took an additional 4 AA. But when Pentax moved away from AA with the K-r, they came up with this way in lieu of a grip to give the option of AA in addition to the proprietary Li.
05-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #521

i have a K200 with a grip

the K200 was the entry level camera back in 2008

05-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #522
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Remains to be seen how Green Button MF TAv/M Modes are handled (K-5 style or K-01 style) but that shouldn't be a big issue for the target users.
I consider TAv or "M with auto ISO" a necessity for any DSLR I buy in the future. Either one works, but a camera with neither is no-go for me.

I love AA capability, I consider that a plus feature.
05-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #523

same for me + the top lcd screen
05-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #524
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by french_mike Quote
same for me + the top lcd screen
Top screen is a nice-to-have, but not a necessity for me. If the body is smaller without it, I'll give up the top LCD. The LCD on my K100DS was annoying and only semi-useful, because it wasn't illuminated.
05-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #525
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Top screen is a nice-to-have, but not a necessity for me. If the body is smaller without it, I'll give up the top LCD. The LCD on my K100DS was annoying and only semi-useful, because it wasn't illuminated.
agreed. I rarely use my top screen actually since it requires me putting on my reading glasses and most info is right there in the VF