Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
03-20-2012, 03:50 AM   #76

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The poster could be a fake, but the camera will be real soon.
+1, we all know something is comming since the K-r is discontinu, but is got a point about the poster ...

03-20-2012, 04:17 AM   #77

Photos: Gallery
Just a remark concerning the name: If the name should be K-z the cam surely has to be renamed for the German speaking markets and Israel as KZ is the all too well known modern abbreviation for the German word Konzentrationslager (concentration camp). The Nazis themselves used the more stringent abbreviation KL. And would anybody from the USA or where ever visit Israel with the letters KZ or KL on the cam? (Better you don't.) - I very much hope for Pentax that the cam is not called K-z!
03-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmmh, true, K-z is bad. How about K-GB? With GPS and WiFi, but you don't know it has that.

I hope the poster is fake, because I hope they would leak more exciting information than just some colour options one can choose from, if they live in Japan.
03-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
FocusMagic.

This has no normal blur kernel and the image probably doesn't display a "z". Real or not is another story.
We should get that crew on CSI to "sharpen it up". We'd be able to count the ribs on the grip.

PS: What do we think about "CSI- Slough" as a working title for the next series?

03-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #80
Pentaxian

As far as the mentioning of colours in the promo; if it is part of a teaser promotion Pentax would not announce the good stuff first. One cannot judge any product on the first announcement. The second piece of info would be more informative however I doubt that the sensor data would be included in the second piece either.
03-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #81
Inactive Account

Pentax.jp knows about the problem calling a camera "K-Z" - it was the original name of the k-r.....
So I think the blurry letter either translates to i or s.
And I hope that these colors aren't like 'Barbie-Pink', 'Bumblebee-Yellow' and ''Baby-Blue' but 'black', 'tigerstripe' and 'brass + brown leather'.
03-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
We should get that crew on CSI to "sharpen it up". We'd be able to count the ribs on the grip.

PS: What do we think about "CSI- Slough" as a working title for the next series?
Probably be able to extract usable DNA from the sharpened photo and find out all the information about everyone that touched the camera. All in 1 minute as well. (or just after the commercial break).

03-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #83

and what about the Q who mean "ass" in french ... i love your little Q ...

Last edited by french_mike; 03-20-2012 at 08:30 AM.
03-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #84
Veteran Member

If you want to avoid every offensive letter combination, then you'll have a very hard time. If Pentax wants to name this new type "KZ" they should be able to. No intelligent person could ever have a problem with that. Anybody with half a brain realizes that that camera has nothing to do with the WWII camps.
03-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #85
JPT
Pentaxian

Surely the K-5 will have to be updated pretty quickly after this. Of course, talking about the specifications is just guesswork at this stage, but it seems logical that it will match the K-01 in terms of sensor and image processing and there was a strong hint given that it will have a 100% viewfinder. That doesn't leave much to tempt customers to move up to a K-5. So I would think a successor to the K-5 will come sooner rather than later unless there have been supply issues.

As for the colours, I think they do it in Japan to make people order direct from their website, which has got to be more profitable for them. Most retailers only have a few stock colours so if you want to get something unique you need to use their online store. With the yen so strong, sales in Japan are great for Japanese companies and selling at list price without the retailer taking a cut is even better.
03-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #86
Veteran Member

They should call the new camera the K-S5. That way, less savy Japanese customers will walk into Yodobashi and be amazed that Canon now makes the Kiss X5 in Doraemon blue.
03-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #87
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
If you want to avoid every offensive letter combination, then you'll have a very hard time.
It is a hard time - and the reason for many companys to spend several 100k$ to find 'good' names.

Anybody with half a brain realizes that that camera has nothing to do with the WWII camps.
Most people also realized that 'Pinto' or 'Pajero' didn't intend any sexual pun....
03-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nasus Quote
It is a hard time - and the reason for many companys to spend several 100k$ to find 'good' names.
Heh, not Pentax. What the hell is a *ist?
03-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #89
Pentaxian

If you want to avoid every offensive letter combination, then you'll have a very hard time. If Pentax wants to name this new type "KZ" they should be able to. No intelligent person could ever have a problem with that. Anybody with half a brain realizes that that camera has nothing to do with the WWII camps.
I dunno, I would feel strange asking for the Ka-Zett in a German camera shop. And I'm not even German.
03-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #90
Inactive Account

pentax-ist as a nickname for a person who use a pentax camera... i dunno....

like eehhh... canon-ist or Nikonist... wow... Nikonist really sounds like a person using Nikon!