Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
03-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
pentax-ist as a nickname for a person who use a pentax camera... i dunno....

like eehhh... canon-ist or Nikonist... wow... Nikonist really sounds like a person using Nikon!
Except they call themselves Nikonians, just like we call ourselves Pentaxians.

03-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #92

is that really what *ist was ???
03-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #93
Inactive Account

haha... no idea...

They could also have named it *ism or *asm or anything, haha
03-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by french_mike Quote
is that really what *ist was ???
The * is a command line wildcard. You could be a Shoot-ist, a Sport-ist etc.

03-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

omg already page 7 !!!!
03-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #96
Veteran Member

Back on the K-r replacement for a second... it would be really great if Pentax decided all of its "real" DSLRs got the weather-resistant treatment. It would be one more thing that would differentiate these cameras from the mirrorless line - and one more reason to continue buying cameras with traditional mirrors and optical viewfinders. A K-z with WR would be a very attractive replacement for my ultra-reliable K200D, which has become the back-up to my K-5.
03-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
As far as the mentioning of colours in the promo; if it is part of a teaser promotion Pentax would not announce the good stuff first. One cannot judge any product on the first announcement. The second piece of info would be more informative however I doubt that the sensor data would be included in the second piece either.
This is a teaser (if it's really from Pentax), not a spec sheet. Sheesh! They might release one or two semi-details (Fast as the speed of light, gives darkness nowhere to hide, etc.) or they might not. They can just let certain folks here take care of that for them. And you know who you are!

I'm thinking that they might stitch together some of those Nokia 808 41 MP sensors. Yes, I'd like to start that rumor. Slap them together a bit like this: NRAO Very Large Array

03-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #98
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like there's a new leak image from photo rumors:

03-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #99
Veteran Member

Well to be honest, I was thinking of leaving Pentax due to no FF, but now that I see I can choose a custom color for the battery cover... :P
No, I wasn't actually thinking of leaving Pentax, but this really is ridiculous..
03-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Well to be honest, I was thinking of leaving Pentax due to no FF, but now that I see I can choose a custom color for the battery cover... :P
No, I wasn't actually thinking of leaving Pentax, but this really is ridiculous..
Apparently the colour-trick with the K-R worked and generated enough cash. Otherwise they wouldn't repeat it. If they stick this extra cash in the development of something truly exciting, then it's all good.
03-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #101
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't get why people are complaining about the camera being available in colours. What does it have to do with you if others want a colourful camera?
03-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #102
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I don't get why people are complaining about the camera being available in colours. What does it have to do with you if others want a colourful camera?
Again, they didn't start their viral campaign with 'superior iq', 'nice set of features', 'rugged' or anything else that could be useful for photographers.
No, the campaign is about a camera with the main purpose to look nice. (Just like 'KO-1, designed by Marc Newson').
Don't get me wrong - I do like cameras that look the way I think they should look like - but thats preferably all black, black + tigerstripe-camo or dull brass + brown leather. (maybe I'll post some rendered images tomorrow)
03-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #103
Pentaxian

Seems like it really is K-z. Maybe they'll market it as K-3000 in selected countries...
03-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nasus Quote
black + tigerstripe-camo
And see, this is where you and me would get different cameras I never wear camo when I shoot, so I don't think I'd like a camo camera (where'd I put that damn thing!).

QuoteOriginally posted by Nasus Quote
Again, they didn't start their viral campaign with 'superior iq', 'nice set of features', 'rugged' or anything else that could be useful for photographers.
This is going to be an entry level model, it's specs won't be anything to write home about so why would Pentax lead with specs instead of something no other DSLR manufacturer is doing? I don't like several (read: most) of the colors the K-r was offered in, but I really do like some of them that are off the beaten trail. (If I had the option with the K-5 I probably would have gone with white+brown or silver+brown, then again that navy blue+black combo is pretty snazzy...)

Last edited by RXrenesis8; 03-20-2012 at 02:44 PM.
03-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
omg already page 7 !!!!
and zero actual info!