Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #166
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
So it's K-ro.
Guys, I picked the most awkward looking character from one of my Unicode tables.

Seems that I failed to make it unspellable

Next time, I use one of the characters I found on the hull of this Alien space ship parking in my garden

03-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #167
Veteran Member

You merely failed to pick a character everyone has a font for. The "ro" they are describing is a square, which is often also displayed instead of a missing glyph. (They don't look exactly alike in any reasonable font, but still. The character some people think they are seeing is ロ, or maybe 口.)
03-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #168
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
You merely failed to pick a character everyone has a font for.
Must be Windows then

Actually, drougge had it right calling it K-turtle
03-24-2012, 02:22 AM   #169
Pentaxian

My bad, indeed I saw a square. And I was confident my PC is properly configured to display Kanji, so I assumed (bad idea!) that it would be some non-printable character or something.
(Checking PC) Well, in fact it is; the fault was at Google Chrome (which otherwise properly displays Japanese sites)

Hmm... it's indeed "turtle"/kame, but a different/more complex Kanji than the one I knew. My apologies for the misinformation and please disregard my previous comments about "K-ro".
Now, how to read it? "K(a)-kame"? "K(a)-ki"? Yeah, "Ka-ki" sounds good. And of course it should be khaki.

Last edited by Kunzite; 03-24-2012 at 02:43 AM.
03-24-2012, 02:31 AM   #170

same here ...
04-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #171
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess the wheels on this rumor is not turning anymore.
04-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #172
Veteran Member

Pentax is pretty tight lipped about everything. I would expect the next big announcements at photokina. The rumors have all been about. 6 months off so far. I would imagine the tsunami slowed things down by that much time.

04-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #173
Veteran Member

Plus the ricoh takeover and all....lots of things are waiting and being worked on now I'm sure. It might be an exciting year for a change.
04-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #174
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
They should do like Canon, press release it and deliver in 6 months...
04-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Then the hype is over.
Hell everybody here is saying they should be more like Apple....
04-17-2012, 12:13 AM - 1 Like   #176
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Hell everybody here is saying they should be more like Apple....
Everybody?! Don't count me in, please.

Please don't let Pentax make bad products that get sold merely becaues of the hype.
04-17-2012, 12:48 AM   #177
Banned

try 9 to 10 months for the 1Dx or like two to three years for their 200-400mm with build in converter.

We are still in the baby time for K-01, so I guess the first window would be end of may early june. Maybe a K-5n then (not a biggy thus).
04-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #178
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
TBH I think this kind of strategy could actually work for Pentax.

They are currently in a delicate position post-takeover. Pentax did this with the 560mm and people seem to have appreciated it as a statement of committedness on the part of Ricoh.

IF Pentax are going to release a FF at Photokina I think they would benefit from pre-announcing. However if they are pre-announcing at Photokina then they will obviously hold back.

A FF camera won't directly compete with Pentax's existing cameras so pre-announcing won't necessarily steal sales from the K-5. And it would enable interested parties to prepare for a FF camera which will require significant financial investment.
04-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #179
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote

They are currently in a delicate position post-takeover. Pentax did this with the 560mm and people seem to have appreciated it as a statement of committedness on the part of Ricoh.

IF Pentax are going to release a FF at Photokina I think they would benefit from pre-announcing. However if they are pre-announcing at Photokina then they will obviously hold back.

A FF camera won't directly compete with Pentax's existing cameras so pre-announcing won't necessarily steal sales from the K-5. And it would enable interested parties to prepare for a FF camera which will require significant financial investment.
Yes, and it would also keep lots of people from switching in the comming months.

...But, it would also give the competitors a heads-up.
04-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #180
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote

I would think they view lenses and camera bodies differently. I am certain that there is a kr sequel coming out, and soon, but all of Pentax's products have been delayed, first by natural disasters and then by the Ricoh purchase.