Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
04-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
So the answer to the shortage of FF lenses is to start from scratch, with zero lenses?
Why couldn't they announce new FF lenses together with the new FF body at the same time? If they want to keep the FF developement quiet until they present it, then they sure shouldn't put new FF glass on the roadmap.

04-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #212
Pentaxian

Why not announcing new K-mount FF lenses together with the new K-mount FF body at the same time?
Since they already have a dozen or so FF-compatible lenses, it's certainly easier to launch (let's say) another 3-5 and call it a day.

However, I don't expect a FF right now.
04-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #213
Inactive Account

Please be right monochrome! That seems like a plausible lineup.

Might kiss the nearest black and white photograph of it turns out correct.
04-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #214
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
So the answer to the shortage of FF lenses is to start from scratch, with zero lenses?
IF they have the resource to make the FF with the lilliputian marketshare they hold, they can present it with three professional FF zoom right from the start. The three limited, the two macro and three F2,8 Zoom would make a decent FF line up, especially if they at the same time announce some special lenses for later release, like a fish eye, a 85/1,4, a 300/2,8 and a 500/4.

Even better, a mirrorless 33x44 could use the vast 645D lens line up and at the same time allow the use of FF K lenses with an adapter... and that would mean they would not have to produce any FF new lens.

Or, they could make some hype full frame vintage camera, and present it just with the three amigos, like Fuji did with it's APS-C mirrorless camera. Nobody is complaining it has just three lenses, but they made-up it to resemble a Leica rangefinder.

04-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #215
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
Or, they could make some hype full frame vintage camera, and present it just with the three amigos, like Fuji did with it's APS-C mirrorless camera. Nobody is complaining it has just three lenses, but they made-up it to resemble a Leica rangefinder.
If they could make that camera look like the rebirth of the M-series or the LX, and make it significantly smaller than any existing FF DSLR, that strategy might actually work.
04-18-2012, 03:08 AM   #216
Veteran Member

Even better, a mirrorless 33x44 could use the vast 645D lens line up and at the same time allow the use of FF K lenses with an adapter... and that would mean they would not have to produce any FF new lens.
Yes, and 90% of the people who are waiting for FF, will still jump ship anyway, because they:
A: are not interested in MF
B: can't afford MF body and/or gear
C: both.

That's a different situation. The Pentax users craving FF have a collection of FF K-mount lenses. Obviously, they want a K-mount FF body to put those on. Introducing yet another new mount/system but with only 3 new lenses would be a slap in the face of those users. Aquiring an X amount of new customers isn't all that good if an equal amount (or more) will jump ship because of it.

If Pentax goes FF, then they should do it good too. A fully featured FF DSLR, but also with an vastly improved LV with focus peaking and improved AF would be a home run. Lots of people who jumped ship because of the lack of FF, did keep their high quality FA's to mount them on their Canons. So, such a DSLR might even get lost of customers back.

But lets not turn this thread into a FF-thread, otherwise all the Nikon guys will be in here soon.

Last edited by Clavius; 04-18-2012 at 03:15 AM.
04-18-2012, 04:46 AM   #217
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
We need some more news on the K-r replacement because this thread has spun off into La-La Land.

Last edited by audiobomber; 04-18-2012 at 05:01 AM.
04-18-2012, 05:02 AM - 2 Likes   #218
Veteran Member

It turned into a FF thread about FF lenses? Quelle suprise!
04-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #219
Inactive Account

if the K-r successor turns out to be a mirrorless k-01 variant with a viewfinder - as monochrome suggested somewhere (i lose track of which thread is which)
it could turn quite a lot of heads. especially if it comes out in what was the k-r price range
04-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #220
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
if the K-r successor turns out to be a mirrorless k-01 variant with a viewfinder - as monochrome suggested somewhere (i lose track of which thread is which)
it could turn quite a lot of heads. especially if it comes out in what was the k-r price range
I will take a $100 bet from anyone that the K-r replacement is a DSLR, with mirror.
04-18-2012, 05:28 AM   #221
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I will take a $100 bet from anyone that the K-r replacement is a DSLR, with mirror.
yes i have to say that i think its unlikely.
maybe they will release both!?
again quite unlikely....

imo they need a viewfindered mirrorless though
and i think the k-01 has a place to occupy without one. so i don't think the the k-02 will have one, unless it is a hotshoe attachable one for example.

i might have actually considered the k-01 if it had a evf instead of a flash, even though i have a k-r. i never use the onboard flash it sucks. bounced and remote flash are the way forward.
doubt may others would have though
04-18-2012, 05:29 AM   #222

agreed whih you 2 Parsons and Audio
04-18-2012, 05:30 AM - 1 Like   #223

Like we need another mirrorless camera that is totally useless in direct sunlight, how about back to the traditional DSLR.

Tom
04-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #224
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ennacac Quote
Like we need another mirrorless camera that is totally useless in direct sunlight, how about back to the traditional DSLR.

Tom
if it has an evf then it wouldn't be useless in sunlight though would it?
04-18-2012, 05:52 AM - 1 Like   #225
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
if it has an evf then it wouldn't be useless in sunlight though would it?
Correct... Then it would only be useless with fast moving objects, and/or whilst panning, and/or in low light situations...