Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
04-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #226
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
If they could make that camera look like the rebirth of the M-series or the LX, and make it significantly smaller than any existing FF DSLR, that strategy might actually work.
I think it might need to be mirrorless to use the k-mount.

04-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #227
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Correct... Then it would only be useless with fast moving objects, and/or whilst panning, and/or in low light situations...
the nikon 1 cameras manage with moving subjects pretty well- in fact that is their main selling point- and the panning reaction time is impressive. dunno about low light.
not that I'm saying i would prefer an EVF over an OVF- quite the contrary. hence why i have a DSLR.
04-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #228
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I think it might need to be mirrorless to use the k-mount.
i think the main obstacle to overcome would be fitting a FF sensor and a shake reduction mechanism inside.
that would take up quite a bit of space.

from those K-01 tear down images, i would suppose that they could have put a FF sensor in the same space the APSC sensor with the SR occupies.
it would probably need more electronics space though.
04-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #229
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
i think the main obstacle to overcome would be fitting a FF sensor and a shake reduction mechanism inside.
Just for reference - I was saying it would be difficult/impossible to fit a 44x33 sensor's mirror inside a k-mount. I believe a FF sensor with SR is still possible.

04-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #230
Veteran Member

the nikon 1 cameras manage with moving subjects pretty well- in fact that is their main selling point- and the panning reaction time is impressive. dunno about low light.
not that I'm saying i would prefer an EVF over an OVF- quite the contrary. hence why i have a DSLR.
Have you used a camera with focus peaking?

I guess it's not for everyone, but it changed my opinion on EVF.
04-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #231
Veteran Member

yes i have to say that i think its unlikely.
maybe they will release both!?
again quite unlikely....

imo they need a viewfindered mirrorless though
and i think the k-01 has a place to occupy without one. so i don't think the the k-02 will have one, unless it is a hotshoe attachable one for example.

i might have actually considered the k-01 if it had a evf instead of a flash, even though i have a k-r. i never use the onboard flash it sucks. bounced and remote flash are the way forward.
doubt may others would have though

Hybrid veiwfinder (optical&electronic) using the Samsung transparent OLED in place of a focusing screen.

Dave
04-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #232
Inactive Account

Just for reference - I was saying it would be difficult/impossible to fit a 44x33 sensor's mirror inside a k-mount. I believe a FF sensor with SR is still possible.
ohright.. yeah thats a good point i hadn't really considered the space that the mirror would occupy. It would be quite a lot i imagine - so maybe a mirroless FF is a good way forward if it is going to be anything like the LX in size.

No, i haven't but i saw the videos about it. looks quite good- but there is no reason why it can't be done inside the EVF.
although live view does have its advantages, i still think that there is a lot to be said for holding the camera against your face for stability.

i would like a FF mirrorless if it were k-01 size. chances of that happening any time soon are slim though probably

04-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #233
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i would like a FF mirrorless if it were k-01 size. chances of that happening any time soon are slim though probably
Maybe not. K-01 is nearly K-5 sized. Mirrorless Full Frame in a K-5 body? Interchangeable VF (none, EVF, Hybrid, OVF, etc.) on a K-5 or K-3 platform - anything is possible and sooner rather than later.
04-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #234
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

I've used several cameras with focus peaking. It's a really neat tool if your subject is not moving at all.
04-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #235
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Maybe not. K-01 is nearly K-5 sized. Mirrorless Full Frame in a K-5 body? Interchangeable VF (none, EVF, Hybrid, OVF, etc.) on a K-5 or K-3 platform - anything is possible and sooner rather than later.
where is the pre-order button?
04-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #236
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
That would be cool in so many ways!
04-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #237
Inactive Account

That would be cool in so many ways!
well your the ricoh employee aren't you?

go on, chop chop, back to work
04-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #238
Veteran Member

ohright.. yeah thats a good point i hadn't really considered the space that the mirror would occupy. It would be quite a lot i imagine - so maybe a mirroless FF is a good way forward if it is going to be anything like the LX in size.

No, i haven't but i saw the videos about it. looks quite good- but there is no reason why it can't be done inside the EVF.
Yup, i was (trying to) say that I am now in favor of EVF over OVF (of course it all depends on other factors of course). Focus peaking is just fantastic in my opinion.
04-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #239
Veteran Member

I've used several cameras with focus peaking. It's a really neat tool if your subject is not moving at all.
I think it's OK if the subject is moving slightly... but at some point 'normal' AF is much better.

I can't think of a time when I would want to use manual focus that I wouldn't want to have focus peaking.
04-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #240
Inactive Account

I think it's OK if the subject is moving slightly... but at some point 'normal' AF is much better.

I can't think of a time when I would want to use manual focus that I wouldn't want to have focus peaking.
i use catch-in-focus when I'm using my one manual focus lens, and that helps massively with moving targets- does the k-01 have any features built in like this?
i imagine that focus peaking does wonders in any situation with a still subject though