Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
03-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What's the best guess on specs? Similar to K-01 except for mirror/OVF? 100% OVF (hinted by Pentax executive)?

03-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
that huge colour variation for marketing will be for the japanese market only. custom orders are not viable for worldwide distribution
That is tremendously sad, as there goes my yellow-green combination abomination that I was going to make

But it'd be interesting to see some of their more serious color combinations. Black and white is always a great combo. Grey and black too. Red and black.

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
What's the best guess on specs? Similar to K-01 except for mirror/OVF? 100% OVF (hinted by Pentax executive)?
It would be very interesting and weird if they used the k-5 sensor in the k-r replacement. I, for one, hope not though - only because if it has a new sensor it means Pentax has been looking around the sensor playing fields.
03-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
That is tremendously sad, as there goes my yellow-green combination abomination that I was going to make

But it'd be interesting to see some of their more serious color combinations. Black and white is always a great combo. Grey and black too. Red and black.
I'm guessing we may see no more than 4-5 variations over here
It would be nice if they opened it up to orders worldwide for people who don't mind paying full MSRP for something unique
03-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The Germans will not be happy.
Germans that don't like Pentax will call it nazi phone, but german Pentaxians will like it. They will Kai-Zer or whatever positive they can relate to in history.

03-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elho_cid Quote
Germans that don't like Pentax will call it nazi phone, but german Pentaxians will like it. They will Kai-Zer or whatever positive they can relate to in history.
I really like this. I changed my mind, it's no longer the Kay-Zed to me; it is now Kai-Zer!
03-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Remember the "Q" ... in French !!!

Bonjour,

Oui, this is shameless re-posting of my previous post, but ... REMEMBER THE "Q" !!!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/149631-dont-say-pentax...nch-q-cul.html

Will history repeat itself, again and again ... ?!

Salut, John le Frog
03-21-2012, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poitiers Quote
Bonjour,

Oui, this is shameless re-posting of my previous post, but ... REMEMBER THE "Q" !!!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/149631-dont-say-pentax...nch-q-cul.html

Will history repeat itself, again and again ... ?!

Salut, John le Frog
So what do you call the Q in France?

"A Royale with cheese"

03-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I really like this. I changed my mind, it's no longer the Kay-Zed to me; it is now Kai-Zer!
the beginning of Pentax's grand imperial design to dominate the world bwahahaha,
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Try it without smirking ...

So what do you call the Q in France?

"A Royale with cheese"
Bonsoir,

We say "cul" ... et voila!

Cheers, J
03-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
It would be very interesting and weird if they used the k-5 sensor in the k-r replacement. I, for one, hope not though - only because if it has a new sensor it means Pentax has been looking around the sensor playing fields.
This isn't the K-5 replacement.
  • Penta-mirror, not mirror-prism; Probably not 100%, [EDIT: in the Kitazawa interview linked in a following post he states Pentax wants even entry-level cameras to be full coverage] but K-01 focus peaking LiveView
    • K-3 will be 100% mirror-prism 1:1 magnification, or close and improved LiveView with colors
  • 16.3 Mp CMOS sensor same as K-01, plus PRIME-M imaging engine
    • K-3 will have the new sensor (24Mp?) and maybe an improved PRIME-M; maybe improved PDAF autofocus
  • Same K-01 video output (limitations)
    • K-3 maybe HDMI monitor output

Last edited by monochrome; 03-21-2012 at 04:12 PM.
03-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #26
Veteran Member

These promotional documents look like total amateur hour to me. Looks like fake BS.
03-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This isn't the K-5 replacement.
  • Penta-mirror, not mirror-prism; Probably not 100%, but K-01 fcus peaking LiveView
    • K-3 will be 100% mirror-prism 1:1 magnification, or close and improved LiveView with colors
  • 16.3 Mp CMOS sensor same as K-01, plus PRIME-M imaging engine
    • K-3 will have the new sensor (24Mp?) and maybe an improved PRIME-M; maybe improved PDAF autofocus
  • Same K-01 video output (limitations)
    • K-3 maybe HDMI monitor output
That Impress Japan magazine interview that came out a few months ago had the guy stating that all DSLRs moving forward would have 100% viewfinders.
03-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Why use a new sensor when they have the m prime engine already developed for the k-01 sensor? The k-7 trickled down into the k-r. I would imagine that the sequel has elements from the k-5 to keep costs down. Just my theory. I still think the k-5 sensor was a major breakthrough in aps sensors and see no reason why not to use it. It still has lower noise than the new crop of sony sensors. I'm just hoping pentax has something really good baking in the oven for this fall.
03-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zosxavius Quote
Why use a new sensor when they have the m prime engine already developed for the k-01 sensor? The k-7 trickled down into the k-r. I would imagine that the sequel has elements from the k-5 to keep costs down. Just my theory. I still think the k-5 sensor was a major breakthrough in aps sensors and see no reason why not to use it. It still has lower noise than the new crop of sony sensors. I'm just hoping pentax has something really good baking in the oven for this fall.
Yeah, I think the K-z will be pretty much a slightly improved K-01, but with the standard DSLR setup.
03-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
That Impress Japan magazine interview that came out a few months ago had the guy stating that all DSLRs moving forward would have 100% viewfinders.
If so, great, but wasn't that guy the chief engineer speaking not from actual information but from what he would do if he were making the decisions? I thought he expressly said that as a preface to the interview. At any rate, the link is somewhere on the Forum - maybe we can dig it up.