QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Aww, you're spoiling all the fun!
C'est un "Party pooper" ce Monsieur Docrwm ... (smiley), J

03-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #287
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Merci

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Add to it the 40XS lens, more openness about what they are doing, a statement about rehiring the lens engineers that Hoya let go, and attempts to do a more dynamic job marketing (outside the US anyway) and you have a really encouraging situation IMHO. People are excited and want everything to happen all at once. Ricoh has committed to doing a LOT in the next 12 months or so and I do not see them backing off from those public commitments. They can add to, or over deliver, their promises and not loose face but to pull back would be bad. So, I think they have told us about the sure things, hedged on the maybes, and are working hard to put out a solid lineup. I keep looking to how they took on Canon the last time they beat them and seeing a pattern.
Bonsoir Docrwm,

Vous avez raison (encore) ... vraiment et sans une petite blague cette fois là!

Allez & A+, J
03-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #288
Veteran Member

Add to it the 40XS lens, more openness about what they are doing, a statement about rehiring the lens engineers that Hoya let go, and attempts to do a more dynamic job marketing (outside the US anyway) and you have a really encouraging situation IMHO. People are excited and want everything to happen all at once. Ricoh has committed to doing a LOT in the next 12 months or so and I do not see them backing off from those public commitments. They can add to, or over deliver, their promises and not loose face but to pull back would be bad. So, I think they have told us about the sure things, hedged on the maybes, and are working hard to put out a solid lineup. I keep looking to how they took on Canon the last time they beat them and seeing a pattern.
Don't forget that advertisement passed around on the forum for a new US Pentax rep to direct Pentax actions for shows within the USA. Add up all these little bits of information, and its quite an impressive effort by Ricoh. Take a look at the new video in the K01 forum, taken at 60fps and then converted to 24fps for showing (habitat for humanity publicity), quite an impressive effort from the K01. I'd like to see them slow down on replacing the K5 by merely refining the K5 and issuing a K5n or call it what you will. There's so manythings right about the K5, it'd would be shame to start over again with something entirely different. IMO
03-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #289
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
SNIP I'd like to see them slow down on replacing the K5 by merely refining the K5 and issuing a K5n or call it what you will. There's so manythings right about the K5, it'd would be shame to start over again with something entirely different. IMO
I'm virtually certain I recall John Carlson stating in an interview the K-5 would remain in production until year-end. A K-5n might have the Fujitsu Mirabeault (?) PrimeM image processor, thus able to do much better video than the K-5 - as long as they're differentiatin g they could add Focus Peaking to the 5n and sell both, at different price points.

Entry bridge hybrid = K-01
Entry bridge dSLR = K-letter
Excellent still body = K-5 at a price point (enough people here ask for a simpler body)
Excellent Still/video body = K-5n
Rumored = K-3
Rumored = K-1

03-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #290
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Entry bridge hybrid = K-01
Entry bridge dSLR = K-letter
Excellent still body = K-5 at a price point (enough people here ask for a simpler body)
Excellent Still/video body = K-5n
Rumored = K-3
Rumored = K-1
I don't think so, when a K-5n is coming the K-5 is fading out.
03-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #291
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
How about some other type that has smaller file sizes?
Again that would require compression which is CPU cycles which needs hardware encoding.

H.264 also requires different licensing, so Pentax would have to pay backwards with no offsetting revenues.
03-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #292
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poitiers Quote
Bonsoir Docrwm,

Vous avez raison (encore) ... vraiment et sans une petite blague cette fois là!

Allez & A+, J
Vous êtes trop gentil, je vous remercie.

03-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #293
Veteran Member

Perhaps, however what little knowledge I have of Japanese culture tells me that saying "No" outright is viewed as crass and boorish. If that is the case here then the laughter may be nervous laughter because the question was blunt and the truth would be embarrassing or culturally awkward, hence the laughter and non-denial denial.
Yes, that's right. "No" would be quite rude in this context if it were in a Japanese setting and it would be rude to put the rep into a corner in which he would have to respond in that fashion.

As Japanese businessmen vary widely in their ability, experience, and approach in dealing with Westerners, it's hard to be confident in what is read into these responses.

I don't pay much attention to this sort of thing. Even if we thing we tweezed some meaning out of a conversation, it could all change in another month.

I'd look to other sources if I were looking for real data but we're short of that these days