Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
03-22-2012, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
"KZ" is yes... But "Pentax K-Z" isn't. That word "Pentax" in front of it, kinda says that it's not about a death camp.
Yeah, like Stupid and Stu-pid. Get some education, dude.

03-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #107
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
You should talk to China and Korea. It's the other way around there
I've read some of the history and that was my point about the contrast between Japan and Germany. My wife says, only half facetiously, that the Japanese are excused because they were still mostly feudal and, in effect, crazy from a European perspective. We often think they made war on people unlike themselves. In America we only think about Pearl Harbor. We forget about the invasions of China and Korea and the South Pacific island nations that were Dutch, French and Portugese protectorates.

The Germans were, however, Europeans making war on Europeans, even though supposedly "Enlightened," which somehow was less forgiveable. We own a Honda, Subaru and Kia (Korean) - but we'll NEVER have a German car. Go figure.

If it rains and you can't take the new toy out this weekend consider my hypothesis that the French and Germans are fighting WWI all over again in the EU economically - trying to force each other to pay for the European economic rescue package. There is at least a kernel of truth . . .
03-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #108
Pentaxian

Again, very good post, Monochrome.
03-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #109
Veteran Member

Well I don't hold the war against modern Germany (and in fact drive a German car) I think the real reason more people drive japanese than german cars is because they are more affordable (at least in North America)
the fact that there is a guilt feeling from dropping the atom bomb on Japan may have something to do with it as well. for some reason people don't view the carpet bombing of Dresden for instance with the same level of horror as they do Hiroshima or Nagasaki (they should though it was pretty damn horrific)

03-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #110
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For those that were offended by my post with "give-a-damn-o-meters": I meant this dicussion about the name. I mean, I can understand that we're discussing camera functions, sensor sizes etc. but tens or hundreds of posts about nothing but a rumored name which has a bad connotation?

FYI: I could understand why "K-Z" is offending. My wife works at a home for the elder; one of her clients is a woman who is deaf and survived Auschwitz despite her handicap. There's even a documentary about her story: annasstillestrijd.nl. But I think it's a little too early to get upset about a name the upcoming Pentax could have. Let's wait first and discuss later. There's no point in getting angry about nothing but a rumor.
03-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #111
Pentaxian

The Kawasaki KZ 1000 was apparently renamed for the German market...GP-z I think
03-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #112
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
The Kawasaki KZ 1000 was apparently renamed for the German market...GP-z I think
Tempest in a Tea Pot until we know for sure that it's a K-z model anyway. And if it is, as I and others have said before, sensibilities being what they are Pentax could use their old method of having 2 names for the same camera in different parts of the world (M-z instead of K-z).

03-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #113
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd be keen to know what the specs of this successor will be - that'd tell me whether the K-01 or K-z is going to be my next purchase.
03-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #114

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Let's wait first and discuss later. There's no point in getting angry about nothing but a rumor.
Yep, it's a (bad) rumor and as posted above, Pentax Germany has responded to my inquiry. They obviously are very aware of the fact that you cannot name a Camera "K-z", at least not in Germany (which isn't a small market):

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/179741-pentax-k-z-6.html#post1877434
03-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nasus Quote
Pentax Ger/AU/CH answered:

Leider zeigt Dein Post einmal mehr die negativen Eigenschaften auf, die das Internet mit sich bringen kann.
In einem der Foren wird über einen Nachfolger der K-r gesprochen. Auch wurde darüber geredet, dass sie dann eventuell K-s heißen könnte. Woraufhin einer der Diskussionsteilnehmer antwortete, er würde noch abwarten bis die K-y da sei.
Abschließend hieß es dann lediglich „...solange sie nicht K-z heißt…“.

Auf einer weiteren Seite, die auch nur Vermutungen anstellt, wurde die Kamera mit dem z im Namenskürzel „angekündigt“. Wie aber in einem anderen Forum schon diskutiert, wurde eine solche Namensgebung schon vor längerer Zeit als nicht nutzbar zur Kenntnis genommen.

Was bleibt sind eine Diskussion und viele Fragen, die eigentlich nicht sein müssten. Uns gefällt das auch nicht.

The underlined part states clearly, that they intended to call a previous model "k-z". But they didn't because Pentax Ger/AU/CH knew about the problems.
So these blurry images and rumors are OFFICIALLY DEBUNKED.
We will get some new DSLRs - but this rumor about a k-z ist nothing but fake.

Just for clarity sake - a computer translation says:

"Unfortunately, your post shows once more on the negative qualities that can bring the internet with it.
In one of the forums is talking about a successor to the Kr. Also talked about the fact that they then could possibly mean Ks. Whereupon one of the panelists replied that he would wait until the Ky was there.
Finally, it was then only "... as long as they are not Kz is ...".

On another page, which also hires only guess that the camera was with the z "announced" in the abbreviation. However, as discussed in another forum already, such a name was a long time ago not taken as a useful note.

What remains is a discussion and many questions that should really not be. We like that either."
03-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #116
Pentaxian

Docrwm, 100% agree with Pentax Germany about "the negative qualities that can bring the internet with it". Unfortunately it also happens here

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Yeah, like Stupid and Stu-pid. Get some education, dude.
Are you saying context is completely irrelevant?
03-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #117
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Docrwm, 100% agree with Pentax Germany about "the negative qualities that can bring the internet with it". Unfortunately it also happens here

Are you saying context is completely irrelevant?
No I mean Clavius obviously do not want to hear explanations and dismiss them with the back of his hands.
IMO, it certainly proves a lack of education, to say the least.

If any US car maker called a car '11th september', imagine the reactions. Rightfully so.
03-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #118
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
If any US car maker called a car '11th september', imagine the reactions. Rightfully so.
Of course, there's a German car company that already does.
03-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #119
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Heh heh heh. I like you
03-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
LOL! Erm... I mean: Shame! Shame!

Seriously, does Porsche sell the 911 in America under a different name?!? Of course not. That would be extremely silly. Anybody with half a brain can separate the car from that terrible event.