Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #46

I just hope they name the K-r replacement -- and list its exact specs and price -- before March 31, when the K-5 sale supposedly permanently ends. That would make my decision so much easier.

But that is probably asking too much, isn't it?

P.S. And please give us at least one non-garish / old-fashioned / traditional color scheme!

03-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Sure? No, I am only reading:

- new name : PENTAX-DA instead of PENTAX-DFA

- press release :"designed and optimized for exclusive use with its popular 645D medium format digital SLR camera" (...) "focal length of approximately 19.5mm in the 35mm format" (...) "completely optimized for use with the PENTAX 645D digital SLR camera" (...) "95-degree angle of view" (...) "totally optimized for the 645D camera"
The exclusive use for 645D can also refer to the SDM engine that is not supported by older 645/645N camera's.
03-23-2012, 01:41 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Or to the longer lens hood, which could cause vignetting on film cameras (see Adam's post/link, in the previous page).
03-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
The exclusive use for 645D can also refer to the SDM engine that is not supported by older 645/645N camera's.
According to this german language article: Kommt: Pentax smc DA 645 4/25 mm AL [IF] SDM AW | photoscala the DFA will still be sold in Japan because of the high number of 645 film cameras in use there. This article: Pentax to sell digital-only 645D 25mm lens news - Amateur Photographer - news, camera reviews, lens reviews, camera equipment guides, photography courses, competitions, photography forums says that the DA version is "quicker to manufacture". So maybe the only real difference is that the DA-version lacks screw drive AF support?

03-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
No, the DFA55 is SDM only and is compatible with film 645.
03-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
According to this german language article: Kommt: Pentax smc DA 645 4/25 mm AL [IF] SDM AW | photoscala the DFA will still be sold in Japan because of the high number of 645 film cameras in use there. This article: Pentax to sell digital-only 645D 25mm lens news - Amateur Photographer - news, camera reviews, lens reviews, camera equipment guides, photography courses, competitions, photography forums says that the DA version is "quicker to manufacture". So maybe the only real difference is that the DA-version lacks screw drive AF support?
The German press release states that "Aufgrund des hohen Fertigungsaufwands für ein Objektivs mit einer Bildfeldausleuchtung für das analoge 645-System hat Pentax sich entschlossen diese Brennweite in zwei Varianten anzubieten" i.e. "because of the high manufacturing effort required for a lens with an image field illumination corresponding to the analogue Pentax 645 system, Pentax has decided to propose this focal length in two variants".

In short: the DA is quicker and easier to manufacture than the D-FA because the lens centring is less important for a lens covering a 55mm image circle (Pentax 645D) than for the same lens covering a 69.7mm image circle (film-era Pentax 645).

Hence they can reduce costs and increase production, to the detriment of compatibility.
03-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RXrenesis8 Quote
You sir, are a poet.
Yeah, and that's the problem. If I were a songwriter, I'd be rich. But have you seen any rich poets lately? Poets get disrespect. Songwriters get royalties. Now, if I could just come up with a hit version of The Pentax Stomp...