Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #106
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Good find, vibi. And the site has already taken down the page!

The photos are very consistent with the earlier Norway website pics. So it looks legit to me.

Everything seems to be identical to GX-10 though, a bit of an anticlimax. No flip out screen as speculated; and yeah, no movie mode buttons.

Chris, I thought you implied that there will be new functions with the new grip, not apparent from the GX-20 grip though.
It can't be the right camera IMO because there is no live view button... The specs say live view but how do you activate it because the OK button is already the ISO button and everything else has a function. There have been rumors that this time the GX20 will not be an exact clone of the Pentax camera. This looks too fake to be right especially the OIS since it's always been OPS and why change the name of your technology, Canon IS, Nikon VR, Pentax SR, Sony Super Steady Shot, Samsung OPS/OIS?!

And whoever said masterful photoshop is silly because that thing is balls on with the GX10 just the OPS is OIS, the switch on the back should say OPS and not have the hand symbol that Pentax uses, the buttons on the left side have gotten smaller, but the screen isn't bigger which is funny cause now there is a hug ga between the buttons and the screen, there is a pimple on it which could be a PC sync port, and there has to be a live view button somewhere on the body or else you'd have to activate it in the menu, which would be stupid. The missing Live View button is the biggest reason I say these are fake because all current cameras have a single button dedicated to it Canon=Set, Panasonic/Olympus=Live View, Nikon=Not sure, and which button could activate it on the that camera posted... none because they all have a dedicated function already and if you change it you'll loose a worthwhile function.

Right now I know nothing more than stranger on the road about what Samsung is intending to do with the GX20 and what I wrote is complete guestimates with some thought behind it. If thats the real camera I feel bad for Samsung cause the only changes on there were stupid ones because the bigger side buttons were a nice selling feature and now they are smaller and have a huge gap between them and the screen for some odd reason and to change the name of their SR technology seems just as odd but heck I suppose it could happen.

I dunno but I will know much much sooner than expected.

01-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #107

Hmmm i've compared it with my GX-10. IDENTICAL except two small details - the LCD covering on my GX-10 is 2mm smaller. And the play button is blue on my GX-10. The LCD on the photo is surely not 2.7". So it IS a fake. A very good one, i admit. But this is not a new camera it's just GX-10.
01-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, yeah...

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Sounds like my Ex-Girlfriend...
I knew her when she was a boy!

Cheers,
Cameron
01-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Umm, Samsungs image stabilization is called OPS not OIS, the switch on the samsung doesn't have the hand its supposed to say OPS and no live view button... I'm going to say Photoshoped and all these images keep coming from some strange sources.
That's interesting. My GX-10 has the hand icon instead of OPS on the switch (?).

"OIS" is used on all of samsung`s cameras, maybe they're just going for consistency. And it's semantically "more correct".

01-13-2008, 10:23 AM   #110

It can't be the right camera IMO because there is no live view button... The specs say live view but how do you activate it because the OK button is already the ISO button and everything else has a function. There have been rumors that this time the GX20 will not be an exact clone of the Pentax camera. This looks too fake to be right especially the OIS since it's always been OPS and why change the name of your technology, Canon IS, Nikon VR, Pentax SR, Sony Super Steady Shot, Samsung OPS/OIS?!
The live view button can be on top of the camera, invisible from the angles we see it.

This said. I tend to agree with you

Tim

EDIT: Typo
01-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #111
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by vibi Quote
4 sensors ??? Well, that is the K40dddd
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Sounds like my Ex-Girlfriend...
I heard that she was a bit of a handful?
01-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #112

the buttons on the left side have gotten smaller, but the screen isn't bigger
Actually, the screen IS bigger, and OIS is a Samsung acronym (Panasonic had to use MEGA OIS so there would be no trademark infrigment). To me this is no fake. It looks like a real prototype. I just hope it's not identical to the Pentax K20D we're all droolling about.

01-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #113

Is it me, or does that vertical grip have grooves on it for your fingers?
01-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #114
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
True, but the 16-45 never got that brand, dunno why.
I have a photo of it (on the left):

01-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Philippos Quote
Actually, the screen IS bigger, and OIS is a Samsung acronym (Panasonic had to use MEGA OIS so there would be no trademark infrigment). To me this is no fake. It looks like a real prototype. I just hope it's not identical to the Pentax K20D we're all droolling about.
Sorry but they don't use OIS, they use OPS (Optical Picture Stabilization) and APS (Advanced Pictures Stabilization).

Quote from Samsungs website
QuoteQuote:
Stedy Control
With OPS (Optical Picture Stabilization) built into the GX-10's body, there's no need to worry about camera shake - blurry pictures are a thing of the past. In contrast to its peers,
GX-10's OPS is compatible with virtually any lens, including manual types, giving the user unprecedented freedom. Additionally, GX-10 features an ideal ergonomic design, guaranteeing the ultimate comfort in any situation.
Samsung Digital Cameras - DIGITAL SLR
01-13-2008, 05:22 PM   #116
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry but they don't use OIS, they use OPS (Optical Picture Stabilization) and APS (Advanced Pictures Stabilization).

They also use OIS but so far only on their P&S.

Looks fake to me but what do I know?:ugh:
01-13-2008, 05:26 PM   #117
Veteran Member

Sorry but actually Samsung uses ASR (Advanced Shake Reduction) for most products, and the just announced NV24HD, which is a real/official camera, boasts what they call OIS, Optical Image Stabilization. It's not my fault. OIS is also listed as a feature on many other samsung cameras all over the web.

I'm not your mom so I won't post any links. Try "Samsung OIS" on google.

Why do you people insist on discussing such stupid things with so much "passion"? Nobody needs to prove anything here.
01-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ricardobeat Quote
Sorry but actually Samsung uses ASR (Advanced Shake Reduction) for most products, and the just announced NV24HD, which is a real/official camera, boasts what they call OIS, Optical Image Stabilization. It's not my fault. OIS is also listed as a feature on many other samsung cameras all over the web.

I'm not your mom so I won't post any links. Try "Samsung OIS" on google.

Why do you people insist on discussing such stupid things with so much "passion"? Nobody needs to prove anything here.
You said they use OIS on all there cameras, they don't period. All the product shots on their website show OPS on the switch and I currently can't remember what the switch says on the bodies I've sold at work so I'll check on Monday.

The GX-10 uses OPS, many of the P&S use ASR and I guess one camera has OIS, but thats not "all".

And if they have OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) on the GX-20 then it would be in a lens not in the camera so why a switch operate it.

I said it was fake you said all their cameras have OIS and I proved it wrong. I mistyped ASR as APS, but thats another point.

And you can cut the attitude cause we don't need it and bringing in someones "mom" is just plain rude and how is it passion, just proving a point. Sorry...

Oh... and you may want to google some of that :ugh:
01-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #119

QuoteOriginally posted by ricardobeat Quote
LMFAO. Welcome to the internet my friend. Where some people get a kick out of shit like that. Or better yet, even getting a kick out of being able to say "I have a something you all want to hear, but I can't tell you".
01-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #120

And you can cut the attitude cause we don't need it
Why do that? Why cut the attitude? I feel it fits right in with all the other useless threads and the ego maniac that we have on here. It feels like a canon forum more each time I visit. That is one of the competitors, so I guess if ya cant beat them, join them.

:-D