Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2008, 07:47 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've heard recently that Circuit City has been doing very poorly in sales compared to Best Buy. However I've been in Best Buy and haven't seen any Pentax cameras either, just Nikon's and Cannon SLR's. I think Circuit City is just buying less. Personally I think Circuit city has been left in the dust now for over 10 years. There was a time when they offered kitchen appliances and they bailed out of that as well. Also, they were the first to offer the dreaded DIVX DVD players from their own manufacturing scheme. The idea was that people would buy special DVD's in which they were played once and the system would lock it out for further viewing after a predetermined period. This never caught on.

Personally, I don't feel corporate retail stores can compete any longer with online sales. Even though many retail chains have online stores, I think some have still missed the boat early on which is why places such as Amazon now sell just about everything. Also, again personally I have had it with corporate chains who move in and develop hundreds of acres and put up carbon copy strip malls only to move out in 10 years. I think online shopping is far better, however I will always still support the small chains who still cater to the customer as well, but they are becoming hard to find.

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
Circuit city no more care about Pentax DSLR camera.
If somebody bought from CC better add accidental warranty for Pentax just now
CC very good about coverage all camera problem,if cant fixed they refund original ammount what you paid. Some lenses has still in stock with good sale price
for example 50-200 right now 186$

01-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
AFAIK, neither BB nor CC offered Pentax DSLRs in their stores; only online.

When I bought my K10D, I had $400 in "frequent-flyer" gift cards. The cards could be ordered from various companies, including BB and CC. I chose CC over BB. Not because I love CC, so much as I hate BB. I don't know anyone who enjoys shopping at BB. The horror stories just abound.

Yes, CC had their Divx nonsense; no one was too happy about it, and it failed. They saw that it failed, and they dropped it. Can't blame a guy for tryin', as they say. I still perfer to deal with a company like that than one that won't refund a hard drive box full of bathroom tiles when it was obvious the hard drive was stolen by an employee and repackaged.

Fraud: Consumerist
01-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Some CC stores had Pentax in them. Once played with one in a Paducah Kentucky store. Don't remember which it was either DL or K100D. Was surprised to see it there. Also played with the Pana that looked like a Leica Rngefinder in a BB in Carbondale, IL. Our BB never had that camera!
thanks
barondla
01-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #19
Site Supporter

For a while at least, CC was advertising the Pentax DL in their Sunday newspaper advertisements. I had been thinking about a DSLR but didn't think they'd dropped in price enough to be able to afford one, until I saw the DL in one of their ads. I hadn't done serious research as I didn't want to tease myself - but I didn't even realize Pentax was making DSLRs! (And that I could use my old K1000 lenses!) This was at the beginning of the $100 rebate and I was able to get it for $367 from Beach Camera - a great deal.

Whether or not they stock much, there is definite value to being in the big box stores and advertised. Mine was a sale they might not have gotten for a while if I hadn't seen the CC ad.

01-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Dunno about BB or CC, but I was surprised to see a 16-45 at the Futureshop in London (canada) on Boxing day.

Had me excited for a bit, thinking it would be on 'Boxing day clearance'. Alas, no. Regular price.