Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

You guys are killing me.

01-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My test model is defective, when I press the Call Spock button I always get Scotty beaming me to the wrong film location
01-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kguru Quote
What's different between the delete button and the sex button?

Answer: with delete you get to confirm Yes or No, with sex you only get No
Ahh, good find! I hadn't noticed that but my model is doing the same one.

I suppose if it were supposed to be "fully" functional as a sex button there would have to be a "Smoke" button on there somewhere as well, right?

I think the sex button will be much more useful once the next firmware enables plan b via the green button.
01-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Pffft....

Beta copy...

01-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #20

Hmmmm, funny in this techie age, that no images have been leaked! Especially today, it's bedtime in Dubai right now!

Had to say it, Phil
01-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Just so you guy's know, that Beer button is really a special effects filter.

If one of your subjects is UGLY you can see what they'd look like after drinking anywhere from 2 beer up to full blown alcohol poisoning.

It's presently my most used filter

Here's a sample picture, and this is just after 6 beer.
01-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote

If one of your subjects is UGLY you can see what they'd look like after drinking anywhere from 2 beer up to full blown alcohol poisoning.

Bwahahah..the first shot could do with at least a half stop push on the beer compensation, still a bit too much baggage under the eyes for my personal liking lol
01-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, you know I was excited at first when I saw the camera this morning, but now that I have had a chance to review it, I must confess how utterly dissatisfied I am with this new Pentax...and well, you guessed it...I am jumping ship to Nikon...

First, the sex button is way to close to the money button. It's been said that the sex button doesn't always work properly, but I did find out that if you hit the sex and money buttons at the same time, you could wind up paying for sex...WHY didn't Pentax think about this in the design stage?

Second, the Pee Break indicator light was a nice try, but there are already reports that this function does not sync properly with those with bladder control problems. Therefore, the function is useless to that whole market.

The money button also has a malfunction where sometimes you 'lose' money instead of 'get' money....not sure if a firmware update will solve this or not....

The pizza button does not allow the user to select multiple toppings simultaneously...what a waste....and they have STILL have not included a dedicated dessert button! Gosh!

Off to ebay to sell all my gear now for twice what I paid for it......

01-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote

This is too funny!
01-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I must admit it got me and I was all excited and then I started to read what the buttons said and well.. good one..
01-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PaulAndAPentax Quote
Well, you know I was excited at first when I saw the camera this morning, but now that I have had a chance to review it, I must confess how utterly dissatisfied I am with this new Pentax...and well, you guessed it...I am jumping ship to Nikon...

First, the sex button is way to close to the money button. It's been said that the sex button doesn't always work properly, but I did find out that if you hit the sex and money buttons at the same time, you could wind up paying for sex...WHY didn't Pentax think about this in the design stage?

Second, the Pee Break indicator light was a nice try, but there are already reports that this function does not sync properly with those with bladder control problems. Therefore, the function is useless to that whole market.

The money button also has a malfunction where sometimes you 'lose' money instead of 'get' money....not sure if a firmware update will solve this or not....

The pizza button does not allow the user to select multiple toppings simultaneously...what a waste....and they have STILL have not included a dedicated dessert button! Gosh!

Off to ebay to sell all my gear now for twice what I paid for it......
I believe the pee break indicator may actually be because when you flush below the equator it goes the opposite direction. So when the GPS grip comes out it could possibly be fixed with a firmware update, but since Nikon already has all these features working I'm also jumping ship.
01-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #27
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
...[snip]... Off to ebay to sell all my gear now for twice what I paid for it......
I nominate PaulAndAPentax for the "Best Post Of The Day"... soon to be PaulAndACanKon... Lets keep our fingers crossed he doesn't continue to lurk here taking every opportunity to point out what big dolts we are in trying to use that camera with all those problems he cited. Not to mention there's no single malt button, or differentiator between white or red wine!
01-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Looking forward to Ken Rockwell's review on this

Dave
01-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
I nominate PaulAndAPentax for the "Best Post Of The Day"... soon to be PaulAndACanKon... Lets keep our fingers crossed he doesn't continue to lurk here taking every opportunity to point out what big dolts we are in trying to use that camera with all those problems he cited. Not to mention there's no single malt button, or differentiator between white or red wine!
Hear hear!
01-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The REAL fake!

Oh come on - that's obviously an old photo of a poorly photoshopped Canon 5D!

This is what the latest rumors indicate will be the back of the *real* K20D:

(You would think that with so many photographers in one place, I wouldn't be the first to use Photoshop this way...)

-Mark