Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #1006
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I'm not as worried about the colors as the lag, flicker, and cycling issues with an EVF. Those can be REALLY hard on someone with neurological issues like seizures, migraine, etc.
Yeah it lags a bit, I didn't notice much flicker.

04-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #1007
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I played a bit with an A65, which has the same EVF as the NEX7 and it looked good to me - I could work with it all day. My main use of the VF is for manual focusing and the EVF of the A65 was allowing me to focus more precisely than any OVF I used. That makes it better for me. I even used an A55 in low light and that one has a poor EVF - it reminded me of the K-x - OVFs can be poor too.
04-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #1008
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote

I've got a chance to use NEX7 for a while. I could not believe that it's EVF is considered one of the best out there. Because it is simply hopeless compared to the optical one. Lag, huge motion blur, washed out colors. One word can summarise it: TERRIBLE.
My daughter has a NEX-7 and is very happy with the VF, but to a large extent, I agree with you, I wouldn't even dream of replacing a real OVF with that viewfinder. Quite the opposite: My #1 incentive for buying a Pentax FF would be if it came with a wonderful large OVF. Having used MX, LX and ME Super continuously from 1978 to 2008, I still long back for better viewfinders than the one in my K10D.

(...but as much as I dislike even that good EVF, I have to admit that it would be much easier for manual focussing than my K10D - because of the focus peaking)
04-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #1009
Inactive Account

I'm actually not too crazy about the VF on the K5. I don't like the dark corners and the way you have to smash your face into the camera to get a good view.
I actually have an old Sony 8mm Camcorder from the 90's that has a pretty good little B&W EVF. It's funny that they have not developed that technology further.

07-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #1010
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Does this unilateral pricing mean that BeachCamera will be taken out of the Pentax's authorized dealers list? Since they had a eBay Summer Event sale with the K-5 for $799?
07-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #1011
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Does this unilateral pricing mean that BeachCamera will be taken out of the Pentax's authorized dealers list? Since they had a eBay Summer Event sale with the K-5 for $799?
Discontinued camera, lots of folks are discounting it. Perhaps, but I would think that they had permission to sell that many of them. Also, they did so through eBay which is often considered an "alternative sales channel".
07-10-2012, 06:57 AM   #1012
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Lens prices observed since UPP was implemented are inconsistent with PRIAC's public explanation of the UPP, and a B&H official explanation of their lens prices flat out contradicted the PRIAC statement. So I think it's impossible for us to answer your question.

All we can say for sure is that Ned Bunnell's explanation in no way, shape or form matches what they are actually doing with UPP.
07-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #1013
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
I played a bit with an A65, which has the same EVF as the NEX7 and it looked good to me - I could work with it all day. My main use of the VF is for manual focusing and the EVF of the A65 was allowing me to focus more precisely than any OVF I used. That makes it better for me. I even used an A55 in low light and that one has a poor EVF - it reminded me of the K-x - OVFs can be poor too.
I've played with the A65/A77/NEX-7 for a bit too.

No chance I'd be happy using that all day. Best EVF so far... but you're still looking into a small TV.

I'm sure they will get there sooner rather than later.

07-11-2012, 04:55 AM   #1014
Site Supporter

Well, I went all in, purchasing two DA* lenses while the prices are low. I got the 16-50 and the 60-250.