Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Advert

this is the first full page ad frm pentax that i've seen in some time , found in Photolife mag'.

Last edited by gpaual; 01-26-2008 at 04:16 AM.
01-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

???

So now that the K10D is supposedly not in production, Pentax is paying for a full page ad to promote it?

Say it isn't so!
01-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
So now that the K10D is supposedly not in production, Pentax is paying for a full page ad to promote it?

Say it isn't so!
Pentax appears to be almost as dysfunctional as the company I work for...

Last edited by m8o; 01-10-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: dis-functional? no >> dysfunctional... yes
01-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
Mef
Inactive Account

I don't see anything wrong with that. After all, the point is to have "PENTAX" and "K*D" imprinted on the brain of the DSLR customer. And the customer will be happy to buy an upgraded, better camera body anyway

01-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Anyway, an ad in a print magazine was paid for months ago...
01-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
Syb
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Duck Dodgers Quote
Anyway, an ad in a print magazine was paid for months ago...
... so?

Do you think the taking out of production of the K10d is a surprise to Pentax? No doubt they have it all well anticipated. Maybe they want to keep up the sales as long as possible...
01-10-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
... so?

Do you think the taking out of production of the K10d is a surprise to Pentax? No doubt they have it all well anticipated. Maybe they want to keep up the sales as long as possible...
No, but I also don't believe they anticipated the demand at the end of its run, as has been echoed by many on this forum.
01-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Duck Dodgers Quote
No, but I also don't believe they anticipated the demand at the end of its run, as has been echoed by many on this forum.
Pardon the language, but HELL YES! I want one. I want one badly. I'd rather have a second-hand K10D, than a brand new K200D. Pentax would do well to just replace the K10 logo with one that says "K200".

As for the ad... I think I could do a better one, IMO.

01-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #9

Toronto Pentax Ads!

Here in downtown Toronto there is Pentax billboards and posters at almost every corner.. and it all started after the merge and to be honest i am pretty happy about it. cause some of my friends dont know even know who pentax are.. and now its shoved in there faces in toronto LOL.. but i love the olympus ad where it says.. Bought a CANON? sorry to hear that.
01-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
Inactive Account

That looks to have been designed in 1990. In Microsoft Publisher.
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #11

I really don't understand.

Pentax has plenty of full page ads in PC Photo, Pop Photography & Imaging, etc. They've been around for a while.

The "little geek" ad...
The Pentax Photo Gallery ad...
The "red raincoats ad" for the K10D...
The "Pentaxian" ad with the mountain climber dude...
and others...

All full page. (Unless by "full page" you mean 2 page spread, if so I apologize) In PC Photo, it's page 7 for the "little geek" ad. The mountain climber guy is on the back cover of some mag. I don't think Pentax is that poor that their advertising suffers. I don't know how much money Sigma has but Sigma ads for the SD14 (with the close up of the short haired model) are usually on the 2nd page or up front and are full 2 page spreads.

Actutally, Sigma makes more lenses than just about everyone by a long shot. The count for for lenses for their system (in production I guess) were compared recently in a mag (I forget which one). Canon had 60, Nikon had 43. I think Sigma had around 58 or so. Pentax had 21.So I guess this kind of proves that more lenses doesn't really mean anything. All the complaints about Pentax not having a great lens catalog, etc etc, specifically for not having enough lenses are moot points. If Sigma made the best DSLR system, with their 58 some odd lenses, Sigma still wouldn't spike in popularity. Neither will Pentax if Pentax had 58 lenses in production. The number of lenses in production mean next to diddly squat, at least for me.
01-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pixelpruner Quote
That looks to have been designed in 1990. In Microsoft Publisher.
It's even coated in vaseline for that "sexy" look!