Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

New Roadmap?

With all of the talk about new K** bodies, what about the lenses? Is it possible Pentax will be introducing a new roadmap with previously unseen lenses? I don't mean making real the lenses that were already on there (though that would be nice), but expanding. I only ask because my K10 is 4 months old and I have no desire (check that, no money) to upgrade body and I'm more interested in lenses.

Todd

01-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
With all of the talk about new K** bodies, what about the lenses? Is it possible Pentax will be introducing a new roadmap with previously unseen lenses? I don't mean making real the lenses that were already on there (though that would be nice), but expanding. I only ask because my K10 is 4 months old and I have no desire (check that, no money) to upgrade body and I'm more interested in lenses.

Todd
I used my LX for 15 yrs. but don't see me keeping a digital body for more than a couple of years due to obsoelesence. Now lenses, that is where your money should be spent in this digital age. So I agree ...very important for Pentax to show us where they are going with their lenses. Particularly the DA* series.

Mike.
01-11-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Todd
I expect a new roadmap for the PMA show.
01-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Todd
Todd

regardless of what ever comes in the future, if you are happy with th eK10D why would change?

I don't know how many pentax cameras came out between 1981 when I bought my ricoh XR2s (k mount camera) and the PZ1 that I bought in 1991, but it was quite a few.

Again, between 1991 and december 2003 when I bought my *istD there were probably even more cameras introduced.

Between 2003 when I bought my *istD and when I got the K10D there were an *istDS, DL, DL2, K110, and K100.

If it is/was reasonable to have only upgraded every 6-7 camera models in the past why do you have to change now like changing shirts.

01-11-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Maybe I shouldn't have put the "no money" quip in my post, didn't mean to cause confusion. I'm not interested in a new body at all (unless I had large amounts of money, i.e. enough to buy an entire top of the line system at one time). I'm interested in lenses for my K10, and I'm hoping that some of the "revolutionary" new announcements will pertain to lenses we have not previously been introduced to. Maybe like a DA* 11-16 from the Tokina collaboration, or something else. I'm also not unhappy with the current lens lineup, I'd just like to see more choice. Different strokes for different photographers, or something like that.

Todd
01-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Is it possible

Todd
Todd
Anything is possible , considering the imagination of everyone here , just read through all the post , nothing is real and every thing is possible, as Rod Serling said many times
01-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
I used my LX for 15 yrs. but don't see me keeping a digital body for more than a couple of years due to obsoelesence.

Mike.
I have to disagree with this statement a little bit. The K10d may be a little faster than my istDs, but quality of the photos would not be obsolete if I upgraded my old camera. In fact, at ISO 800 and above I have not seen much on the K10D that would be better. Also, my istds with my 50 f/1.7 fits in my winter pocket of my jacket. Freaks digicam users out how small this combo is when they see it. Could you imagine if I had a pancake...

I am in need of an ugrade eventually as I have over 50,000 shots on my shutter, so this may be a problem in the future.

Older cameras, no matter which brand will still take great pictures due to the photographer, not because they are obsolete. I agree 100% with your Lens observations though. Buying into a system is tough if the company does not make the lenses you require.
01-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Maybe I shouldn't have put the "no money" quip in my post, didn't mean to cause confusion. I'm not interested in a new body at all (unless I had large amounts of money, i.e. enough to buy an entire top of the line system at one time). I'm interested in lenses for my K10, and I'm hoping that some of the "revolutionary" new announcements will pertain to lenses we have not previously been introduced to. Maybe like a DA* 11-16 from the Tokina collaboration, or something else. I'm also not unhappy with the current lens lineup, I'd just like to see more choice. Different strokes for different photographers, or something like that.

Todd
I'm looking forward to the K20D coming out so that there are more K10D's on the used market, hopefully (but it may be wishful thinking) driving down used prices.

01-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
If it is/was reasonable to have only upgraded every 6-7 camera models in the past why do you have to change now like changing shirts.
Because the old cameras didn't come with their film built in.