Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pal baby...

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Saying they missed the market with the M-series completely misses the mark

The M-series cameras are among the most sold in history selling many millions....
My other Pentax hero!

So are you Voff sometimes, or is that somebody imitating you?

The often imitated, never duplicated, Pal! I just LOVE the way you put people in their place with such devastating logic, it's just fabulous.

If you ever run for anything, you got my vote, baby!

Now if I could just figure out how to put those little circles over my 'A's...

Cheers,
Cameron

PS - wanna buy a 28-70 2.8?

:ugh:

01-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
My other Pentax hero!

The often imitated, never duplicated, Pal! I just LOVE the way you put people in their place with such devastating logic, it's just fabulous.

Cheers,
Cameron

PS - wanna buy a 28-70 2.8?

:ugh:
Use the num locks, hold alt key and type the number code: See chart
http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html
å

Ž

Last edited by jeffkrol; 01-11-2008 at 08:31 PM.
01-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Eh, sonny? (raising ear-trumpet to my one good ear).

Back in my day, we took pictures on FILM, and it cost a lot of money! And we had to walk 30 miles through the snow, butt-nekkid, to the darkroom.

Etc....

Cheers,

Cameron
I still shoot film.

@jeffkrol - Thanks for the info
01-11-2008, 11:23 PM   #19
Pentaxian

My other Pentax hero!

Cheers,
Cameron
I didn't have issue with the M series or the super program. where I thought they went over the edge was with the black plastic P series They looked like a Kodak box camera to me. I wouldn't consider one. When the ZX-5 showed up I bought. Minolta caught them all with their pants down, with a functional auto focus, but what happened was Minolta got the shelf space that Pentax should have had, and the N and C brands stayed in their spot during the upending.

01-12-2008, 02:18 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
the problem in the 1980's is that they got the M series flu. everythig had to be smaller and cheaper, they then started cutting the performance of the lenses, the M series 135 was an F3.5 as opposed to F2.5 for the K. In reality they really missed the market.
Yes, in that era was where Olympus really took off and went far ahead in quality, and optics. (Even Herbert Keppler switched).

It was physically very apparent when I was buying my OM-4T, and OM-2n which as expected, still operate flawlessly today and have some metering ideas and sensitivity the K10D would have done well to adopt.

Now-a-days it seems to be reversed. Pentax is more innovative digitally than Olympus, it appears. Hopefully the trend continues that way.

Though I've never seen the specification, does the K10D even use twin (or any) silicon blue cells in its metering like the OM's, etc.? It sure can't do 20 minute night photos on automatic, so what type of cell(s) does the K10D use? Anyone ever see a spec?