Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #271
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm not getting this......why are you guys surprised that Ned is a no show? During the Great K5 sensor crisis, when it looked like a total meltdown, Ned was busy cultivating his prize winning tomatoes and apparently had no time to get involved with a silly little sensor stain ...remember? Maybe if it had concerned his Leica, he would have dropped his gardening tools...but it wasn't, was it?

If for some wild eyed and bizarre reason, some of you think old Ned is just "one of the guys".......wake up and join the real world...the one where you type out your thoughts....and Ned doesn't.
Regards!
Did he take any of those tomato pictures with his Leica?

04-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #272
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Did he take any of those tomato pictures with his Leica?
I'm not much of a gambler...but I would bet on it!
Regards!

BTW- Nothing personal with Ned, he is just in another world, one we don't understand all that well in many instances, and as I said far from being "one of the guys". There is no crime in that, and no animosity for his position, but I would advise to not make promises you can't keep.
04-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #273
Site Supporter

Regards!

BTW- Nothing personal with Ned, he is just in another world, one we don't understand all that well in many instances, and as I said far from being "one of the guys". There is no crime in that, and no animosity for his position, but I would advise to not make promises you can't keep.
I like Ned and have appreciated many of his blog articles. I put the onus with the overall status of marketing in the U.S. with the boys in Tokyo.
04-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #274
Veteran Member

Adorama & B&H have been on a holiday break. Tomorrow (Monday) would be the first day that Ned could talk with his two largest retailers. Give it some time to all work out.

04-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #275
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
Adorama & B&H have been on a holiday break. Tomorrow (Monday) would be the first day that Ned could talk with his two largest retailers. Give it some time to all work out.
Amazon have been taking calls all along, and lowering prices too.
04-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #276
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I like Ned and have appreciated many of his blog articles. I put the onus with the overall status of marketing in the U.S. with the boys in Tokyo.
If that's true, why is Canada not in the same situation? I live in a small city (pop 160,000) in Northern Ontario, and there are three local shops with Pentax product on the shelves. Two carry basic starter kits, one has a large stock of Pentax. I know of a smaller city a couple of hours away, population 20,000, and there's a local shop in town with a lot of Pentax on the shelves. Major Canadian cities all have dealers. From what I hear, you can't even find Pentax product in large US cities. This cannot be blamed on Pentax head office. Another thing, we have a two year warranty on cameras and lenses. Why doesn't the US? I honestly don't think Pentax USA is doing a good job.

Last edited by audiobomber; 04-16-2012 at 06:18 AM.
04-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #277
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
If that's true, why is Canada not in the same situation? I live in a small city in Northern Ontario, and there are three local shops with Pentax product on the shelves. I know of a smaller city a couple of hours away, population 20,000, and there's a local shop in town with a lot of Pentax on the shelves. Major Canadian cities all have dealers. From what I hear, you can't even find Pentax product in large US cities. This cannot be blamed on Pentax head office. Another thing, we have a two year warranty on cameras and lenses. Why doesn't the US? I honestly don't think Pentax USA is doing a good job.
I really can't comment on Canada in comparison. I am sure folks that live in NY will tell things are fine and possibly parts of Los Angeles. Perhaps you are in Canada's Pentax mecca. Maybe that is the problem, the folks in Tokyo don't realize the difference in the market sizes based on population. New York state has a population of over 19 million. Yet, Pentax Imaging is based in Denver, Colorado (previously in Golden). That 1779 miles or 2863 K.m. one way. If they had similar distribution to Seattle area, California, Atlanta, Texas etc., it would make sense.

Last edited by Blue; 04-15-2012 at 08:45 PM.
04-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #278

Appreciate the feed back on lenses...but....

I think I started spewing my frustration about the price increases and then started to find my alternate solutions, but this particular thread is focusing, and rightly so, on the new price modeling. I'll find another thread, but huge thanks for your input...very grateful. This forum is very helpful and I appreciate the patience with a newcomer.

04-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #279

Thanks for the input...greatly appreciated...leaning to the Pentax, which somewhat galls me considering the price hikes, but I need a zoom to enjoy the summer and the trails...Thanks again.
04-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #280
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
Two largest retailers?

The world is actually a sphere, not an arcular segment.
04-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #281
Veteran Member

Regards!

Exactly. Why are so any people focussed upon one person? The guy isn't important in the grand scheme of things. And furthermore anyone with any life experience knows that corporate speak is vacuous at best. Who cares what Ned says, it's not going to change anything.
04-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #282
Veteran Member

Now I'm not sure if I believe that, but I do believe that in this big State of Texas that takes a full day to drive across from any direction,
Regards!
I had a car like that!
04-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #283
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Two largest retailers?

...and USA isn't the world.
04-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #284
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Exactly. Why are so any people focussed upon one person? The guy isn't important in the grand scheme of things. And furthermore anyone with any life experience knows that corporate speak is vacuous at best. Who cares what Ned says, it's not going to change anything.
+1 to this.
We ( or the folks in the US) need action. Not 'talk'
04-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #285
Pentaxian

Two largest retailers?

hehe very good
Closed Thread