Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I haven't seen anything Pentax on a Wal-Mart shelf, K-Mart or Sears since the k1000 era. I have never seen anything in the 1 BestBuy in 150mile radius. One of the Wolfs stores allegedly had a K20d when they came out but I never could find it. Those stores were closed. The thing here in the State Capital that passes as a B&M quit carrying Canon and now deals in Sony. However, they 2 outdated 10 year old N.O.S. accessories. It doesn't make much sense to order anything from Wal-Fart or Bad Buy internet sales in lieu of BH or Adorama given their customer support which is quite good. That said, WalFart and Bad Buy would fall under the "couple other retailers" in my post.
:sarcasm: in regards to Wally World etc.
I said websites, but my point was there must at least a few Pentax employees who deal with retailers. I'm not debating whether someone should use an online store that has bad prices or not, but rather that they do offer Pentax SLRs in some form. I do agree Pentax is less available than the big brands...

A quick search on Pentax's store finder website shows three shops near zip code 20057:
EMBASSY CAMERA
PHOTO CRAFT
ACE PHOTO, INC.

Do they actually carry Pentax SLRs? I don't know. I'm guessing the list doesn't get updated much. The finder only shows one of the two shops that have Pentax around me.

04-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #77
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
I said websites, but my point was there must at least a few Pentax employees who deal with retailers. I'm not debating whether someone should use an online store that has bad prices or not, but rather that they do offer Pentax SLRs in some form. I do agree Pentax is less available than the big brands...

A quick search on Pentax's store finder website shows three shops near zip code 20057:
EMBASSY CAMERA
PHOTO CRAFT
ACE PHOTO, INC.

Do they actually carry Pentax SLRs? I don't know. I'm guessing the list doesn't get updated much. The finder only shows one of the two shops that have Pentax around me.
I don't know. D.C. is about halfway between me an New York City.

When I put my Zip in, BH, Adorama, PentaxImaging, TriState, JR, and AR are all that come up. OhNo
04-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #78
Veteran Member

I don't know. D.C. is about halfway between me an New York City.

When I put my Zip in, BH, Adorama, PentaxImaging, TriState, JR, and AR are all that come up. :OhNo:
It lists 2 Fry's locations in Atlanta. They have reportedly had a K-r and kit lenses in the past but nothing else.........
04-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #79
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
It lists 2 Fry's locations in Atlanta. They have reportedly had a K-r and kit lenses in the past but nothing else.........
Atlanta, as I have said in posts before is a 5 hour drive, 1 way. Not happening for a kit lens. Hysterical

04-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Atlanta, as I have said in posts before is a 5 hour drive, 1 way. Not happening for a kit lens. :Hysterical:
They're 45 minutes from me (each sortof) and I'm not running over there for a kit lens either.
04-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #81
Banned

Well Ned - you've had all weekend to work on your "list"........so, where's the beef??
04-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #82
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AGWoodard Quote
Well Ned - you've had all weekend to work on your "list"........so, where's the beef??
Its still early and it was a big weekend.

04-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Sure. I think it's unreasonable to start bitching before Wednesday.

Personally I'm not sure how this 'list' is going to make anything better, but we'll see.
04-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #84
Veteran Member

Passover does not end until Sunday April 15th.
04-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Passover does not end until Sunday April 15th.
QuoteOriginally posted by NedBunnell:
I'm going to spend some time over this holiday weekend
Seems clear that he meant Easter, not Passover.
04-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Seems clear that he meant Easter, not Passover.
Not to me but then I'm not pressing him to answer this instant.
04-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #87
Veteran Member

If things work like it should the market will determine the actual market price on the lenses. if the price set by Pentax is too high the lenses will not sell good enough for Pentax and/or the retailer to make money. Things will not even start to settle until B&H and Adorama gets back from their holiday. Even then it will take at least a month. Another thing is we really don't know the supply of these lenses. If the supply is low then these lenses might stay high. Pentax has a limited manufacturing facility and if the lens factory is busy making lenses like the upcoming 560 and 50 and maybe even a few lenses that we don't know about ( new FF lens line DFA12-24, DFA24-70 and DFA70-200 for the upcoming FF camera :-)) then the supply of the high price lenses might just stay high.

Still if Pentax wants to get back into local camera stores they need to make it economical for these small local camera stores.

Dave
04-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #88
Veteran Member

There won't be any "beef". It'll be "corporate speak fresh air". It always is!!!
04-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #89
Inactive Account

Not to me but then I'm not pressing him to answer this instant.
He said "early next week". Since he wrote it last week, it seems pretty clear.
04-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #90
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
There won't be any "beef". It'll be "corporate speak fresh air". It always is!!!
Is that a euphemism for horse flatulence?
Closed Thread