Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #166
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If I were Ned or John I wouldn't openly post here again, either. In an open Forum one is exposed to all manner of classless, unrestrained people. Yet often the kernel of a classless post has some truth to it, more the damning if expressed politely.
If I were either of them, and enthusiastic about Pentax, I would absolutely be posting here, under a name that wouldn't be traced back to me. I wouldn't be posting under any official Pentax banner either, as that could easily be construed as committing the Pentax company to anything the poster was talking about.

I also would be incognito on my employ because the hater's have to hate, and they will hate more on someone with authority.

04-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #167
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
If I were either of them, and enthusiastic about Pentax, I would absolutely be posting here, under a name that wouldn't be traced back to me. I wouldn't be posting under any official Pentax banner either, as that could easily be construed as committing the Pentax company to anything the poster was talking about.

I also would be incognito on my employ because the hater's have to hate, and they will hate more on someone with authority.

This is precisely why we should all be talking together over a few Shiner Bocks while listening to some Robert Earl Keen. Everyone wouldn't be so grouchy after that.
04-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #168
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Neither Luke the Drifter nor Rocking Randall (Bocephus) are over in an hour.
QuoteOriginally posted by oklahomakid93 Quote
Well, and when he comes in to chat, he'll say "call me Randall, Hank, Bocephus, Whatever" You gotta love it.
My parents lived in Tulsa in the late 50's. They were still playing Bob Wills then and I must have heard enough of the Texas Playboys as a baby that it stirs me even now. Saw Merle Haggard in 06 (he brought some guy named Dylan with him) and boy, did that sound familiar.

In fact, as long as its Swing, I'm in.
04-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well yes I've wondered about that recently, whether a UserName was someone closer to thr truth than he/she could reveal. I try to majke observations and to udnerstand how we(they) got to this point and how we(they) can get back - and sometimes I am not as nicee as I'd like to be.

But I really like the K-01.

04-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #170
Inactive Account

My parents lived in Tulsa in the late 50's. They were still playing Bob Wills then and I must have heard enough of the Texas Playboys as a baby that it stirs me even now. Saw Merle Haggard in 06 (he brought some guy named Dylan with him) and boy, did that sound familiar.

In fact, as long as its Swing, I'm in.

I should be thrown in jail for not mentioning Bob Wills, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Asleep At the Wheel. I know Merle comes to us via Bakersfield, but all those guys are responsible for my love of music.

Sorry I've pulled some of you off the main topic, but this is sure a lot more fun than getting too cooked up over what Ricoh does with Pentax. Because we still know, Bob Wills is still the king.

Oh yes, and Mono. Should you ever make it to Nashville, you need to check out the Time Jumpers at The Station Inn. Vince Gill is now playing guitar for them, and you can go see them every Monday evening. For some reason, the lines are always really long, and it's hard to get a seat....You better get there early, but prepare to be blown away by some pretty awesome Texas Swing.
04-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #171
Pentaxian

I see your point as to why a company representative might want to lie low, but playing devil's advocate, such "undercover postings" are similar to the paid shills who submit positive reviews on sites like resellerratings.com. I'd much prefer that Ned Bunnell (or another authorized staffer) post openly and use "no comment" when needed to avoid giving away Pentax secrets.
04-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonsoir,

If you can find the equipemnt ... sigh.

Seems sad to say, but true ... I live in a town of about 120,000 and in a twenty minute walk from my house, I'm downtown in front of Phox Photo (B&M) with a window case full of Pentax equipment ... K-5, K-r, K-01(in 2 colors), Q (both B & W), just about every current lens in stock available, GPS, and both flashes ... plus there's a lot K mount Tamron, Sigma and Samyang to boot ... and the Sigma Macro flash for Pentax. They also have full lines of Canikon plus Sony and even a Sigma Merrill.

Across the street is FNAC, with its lesser overall (in Pentax) photo department, and about five miles in either direction is a Boulanger with K-5 and K-r in display cases.

My point? I guess things aren't that bad for me when I have read this thread about the Pentax retail distribution network in the States ... really bad and truly sad to realize this ... I was in Tulsa over the X-mas holidays and thought that I'd shop for some gear, but there's basically nothing ... I was surprised at the moment, but now understand why.

Speaks a lot when one cannot find gear in the Tulsa Metropolitan area (almost ONE million), but loads in a relatively unknown French city of a little more than 100,000. So, OK ...where's Poitiers again? Answer: next to Sidney ... old inside joke.

Bon courage mes compatriotes américains - Salut, John le "Brown" Baudet du Poitou
Absolument! Merci beaucoup pour la comparaison. Je pense souvent, lors de la lecture des messages ici, que beaucoup d'Européens pensent que nous sommes paresseux ou de maquillage des circonstances que nous décrivons. Il est véritablement une terre en friche pour les équipements de Pentax dans la plupart des États-Unis.

04-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #173
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I should be thrown in jail for not mentioning Bob Wills, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Asleep At the Wheel. I know Merle comes to us via Bakersfield, but all those guys are responsible for my love of music.

Sorry I've pulled some of you off the main topic, but this is sure a lot more fun than getting too cooked up over what Ricoh does with Pentax. Because we still know, Bob Wills is still the king.

Oh yes, and Mono. Should you ever make it to Nashville, you need to check out the Time Jumpers at The Station Inn. Vince Gill is now playing guitar for them, and you can go see them every Monday evening. For some reason, the lines are always really long, and it's hard to get a seat....You better get there early, but prepare to be blown away by some pretty awesome Texas Swing.
Sweetest voice I've ever heard come out of a man, but we lost a lot of kinship with him when he snaked Amy Grant away from Gary Chapman. We were in the audience for his (brief) talk show once.

We made a semi-annual Pilgrimage to the Opry for years and always managed to see someting at the Ryman but everything changed when they tore down Opryland - now there isn't anywhere for those kids with the voices to get a start. (Our best friend's son is hopping tables and flat-picking when he can get on right now).
04-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad idea... I've seen this strategem attempted on PC enthusiast forums, and once your cover is blown (and it will be, eventually) not only are you a pariah, but your employer suffers during the backlash.
04-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #175
Inactive Account

Sweetest voice I've ever heard come out of a man, but we lost a lot of kinship with him when he snaked Amy Grant away from Gary Chapman. We were in the audience for his (brief) talk show once.

We made a semi-annual Pilgrimage to the Opry for years and always managed to see someting at the Ryman but everything changed when they tore down Opryland - now there isn't anywhere for those kids with the voices to get a start. (Our best friend's son is hopping tables and flat-picking when he can get on right now).

Yeah, I never quite got the whole tearing down of Opryland and putting only retail. And now, only Outdoor World is open. The good news is the Ryman Auditorium is bringing in some excellent music.

If your friend's son needs any gear, I'll be glad to help him out. I don't believe in using this forum for self-promotion or to flaunt my company, but being there's only a few good stores in Nashville, hopefully he'll have an idea of where to go.
04-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #176
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Bad idea... I've seen this strategem attempted on PC enthusiast forums, and once your cover is blown (and it will be, eventually) not only are you a pariah, but your employer suffers during the backlash.
I'd be happy (or I am happy?) that Ned would keep tabs on the customers by coming to a board like this one.

But posting often (like many of us) is a bad idea, and posting without saying who you are is a bad idea too.
04-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #177
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I'd be happy (or I am happy?) that Ned would keep tabs on the customers by coming to a board like this one.

But posting often (like many of us) is a bad idea, and posting without saying who you are is a bad idea too.

I think it was just recently an administrative employee for Texas A&M, holding an important position, had his cover blown on a Texas A&M forum. What made it bad was he made pretty scathing remarks about the president of the university, as well as the athletic director. He didn't get fired, but boy I'd hate to be him when they had to sit next to one another in a regents meeting.

Alright, just so we're all shootin' straight. I'm Billy, and I'm more full of bullsh.t than the rest of you....
04-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #178
Inactive Account

Well yes I've wondered about that recently, whether a UserName was someone closer to thr truth than he/she could reveal. I try to majke observations and to udnerstand how we(they) got to this point and how we(they) can get back - and sometimes I am not as nicee as I'd like to be.

But I really like the K-01.
This occurred to me at one point about one particular post not that long ago. Can't remember who I was by but Adam seemed to endorse it. (don't know if that means anything or not)

What they said seemed to point to some of that would make a lot of sense. At the time I put it down to being someone who wanted to look like they knew more than they did.
04-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #179
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

you need to check out the Time Jumpers at The Station Inn.
So noted - thank you! Best Opry trip evah? - Willie was the featured entertainer. The girls adore Dolly and we once acceded to their demands and went to Pigeon Forge, with a side trip to Great Smoky Mtn. NP.

End of thread hijack.
04-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #180
Site Supporter

I think it was just recently an administrative employee for Texas A&M, holding an important position, had his cover blown on a Texas A&M forum. What made it bad was he made pretty scathing remarks about the president of the university, as well as the athletic director. He didn't get fired, but boy I'd hate to be him when they had to sit next to one another in a regents meeting.

Alright, just so we're all shootin' straight. I'm Billy, and I'm more full of bullsh.t than the rest of you....
I am not going to name any names, but around here, that is some might big boots to fill! But just in case, I have got you covered.

Closed Thread