Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ned response to price increase?

Happy Passover & Easter - Ned's Photo Journal

"I had met with Adorama two weeks ago, but their gesture is symbolic of how important a relationship between manufacturer and retailer is. Equally important are the relationships we have with our users.

With this in mind, I've read many of your concerns about the recent launch of a unilateral pricing policy in the U.S. and its impact on our lens prices. I'm going to spend some time over this holiday weekend to develop a list of the top conerns you've voiced and then will share my comments with you here - hopefully early next week.

In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys their holiday with family and friends, and has time to go out and take some great photographs."

yea, I am sure Adorama won't send us any present for the Easter. Good job Ned. Thanks!

04-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Thanks for posting this, Lee. I doubt Ned will be able to give up anything substantive, but to hear something besides the "piss off" letter given to Adam by PRIC can only do good.
04-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hey, at least Ned's talking. Better than the cold dark winter of his silence for quite a while
04-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

This should be.....interesting. Heaven forbid he actually post that response here, the largest Pentax User Forum in PentaxImaging's region.

04-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
This should be.....interesting. Heaven forbid he actually post that response here, the largest Pentax User Forum in PentaxImaging's region.
Perhaps Pentax does not permit him to post here. Some companies do not permit employees - high level or otherwise - to post in forums discussing their products.
04-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter

It's cheaper now to buy in France?!

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote

"I had met with Adorama two weeks ago, but their gesture is symbolic of how important a relationship between manufacturer and retailer is. Equally important are the relationships we have with our users.

With this in mind, I've read many of your concerns about the recent launch of a unilateral pricing policy in the U.S. and its impact on our lens prices. I'm going to spend some time over this holiday weekend to develop a list of the top conerns you've voiced and then will share my comments with you here - hopefully early next week.

In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys their holiday with family and friends, and has time to go out and take some great photographs."
Bonjour,

Lame IMHO, but at least a moment was found to write something ... how kind.

Please post, please post, please post ... then it will be torn to shreds a million times over and over and over again ...

Don't hold your breath here ... but, if there's a "message", Lord help'em!

Mon dieu, ils sont fous maintenant! Salut, John le Frog
04-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's all we asked for, some kind of response. Thanks for posting this. On an aside note, even that picture of a box makes me want to buy a 43 LTD.
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
Pentaxian

He has to make a list? Really?

Last edited by Class A; 04-07-2012 at 06:49 AM.
04-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Guess Ned just got a raise.
04-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
This Forum would chew him up, spit him out and stomp on the masticated mush.

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Perhaps Pentax does not permit him to post here. Some companies do not permit employees - high level or otherwise - to post in forums discussing their products.
JCPentax (John Carlson) has an account here and has posted in the past (under Hoya) and Ned has posted about his Leica on his blog (under Hoya)
04-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Hmm, the last time John Carlson logged in here is February, and the last time he posted was in 2010.

I imagine Ned would be allowed to post fairly freely on his blog, because he can be deliberate. People often post things in haste when on a forum. Not that we ever see that here...
04-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
On an aside note, even that picture of a box makes me want to buy a 43 LTD.
Unbelievable. It's just a picture of a box. There's nothing special about it.
04-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote

yea, I am sure Adorama won't send us any present for the Easter. Good job Ned. Thanks!
Given the corporate spin above, I can only predict more corporate spin. Please no one expect anything but vacuous corporate speak that contains little substance. Dont' forget Pentax mount Sigma lenses are just as good quality as Pentax Lenses.
04-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #14
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
The Hoya boys used to let him blog about his Leica. :HornetNest:
04-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
Inactive Account

translation = these new prices are here to stay so stop whining.
Closed Thread