Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #76

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
And I'd really like to see if a Mac can run my copy of Mechwarrior 2 and AutoCAD 2006.
Yeah, just run bootcamp or VMware or Parallels Desktop and you're set, as long as a similarly spec's windows box can run it then a Mac can run it!

And you won't find much out there that's more powerful than a fully-loaded Mac Pro tower!

But to each his own, let's not turn this into a Mac bashing thread. I just thought that a few of my fellow Pentaxians would appreciate a unique photo-product. It's not like I was showing you all a new Canon camera!

And Raz, First off the camera is just a photoshopped iPhone, it's not even being made or in R&D at Apple. Purely a "we'd be surprised if this doesn't happen sooner or later" sort of speculation. Second off, I don't think anyone would try and market this as a Photoshop killer; especially not a company who would like you to spend a few grand to them for a machine to run photoshop!

SLC

01-14-2008, 11:46 PM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Let's stay on a photo discussion shall we?
01-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #78
Inactive Account

Bomb?

QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
They say it's a Bomb
Great, now the TSA will ban all Pentax cameras, or make us carry them in see-through plastic baggies.
01-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
Great, now the TSA will ban all Pentax cameras, or make us carry them in see-through plastic baggies.
I doubt a plastic bag would soften the blow.

01-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Total nonsense.

QuoteOriginally posted by raz Quote
And I would hate to see Pentax connected in any way with Apple. For me Apple is only about design and aggressive marketing. You can find a lot of better and cheaper products than what apple is offering.
Please, no. Pentax is Pentax. Apple is apple. I hate apple's marketing campaign and I'm not that big a fan of their overpriced and overhyped products (that's putting it mildly)
Amen to that.
What a load of rubbish.

Need I remind you, Photoshop originally came on a Mac classic back in 1984, which featured icons and a mouse, back when Bill Gates didn't have the guts to plagarize the Mac operating system yet, and PC users had green screens running an ancient DOS system (Pictures on a computer? Forget it!). And pretty much the entire print, photographic, design, movie, and recording industries run on them, with a few very rare exceptions. They're not buying overpriced hype, they're using a machine that works reliably, gives you colours that are right, have very rare minor crashes that don't destroy all your data, and work well and are compatible for a long long time. And feature innovations that Windoze can only copy (actually, steal) 5 years later (Vista....mwah ha ha - nice job, Bill).

This from a Mac dual processor 450, 2 gigs of ram, 3 hdd, from 1999 with a MILLION miles on it, still running strong. I'm a photographer and graphic artist so I use this thing hard. I design calendars for a wildlife organization, high-rez fine art calendars typically up to 3 gigs open on the desktop. My annual pet rescue calendar is typically about 2.3 gigs opened in InDesign, and I usually have several hundred megs of high rez photos open in Photoshop as well as logos in Illustrator open simultaneously, for days or weeks on end, with no hint of a crash or a problem. Try that on a PC from 1999, if you can even get the piece of **** to start.

I switched to Mac in 1999 after the disasterous Windoze 98 first edition caused a year of total grief and hundred's of hours of lost work. I'll NEVER go back.

Didn't want to get into this, but when Mac is attacked viciously by ill-informed people, I'll attack back.

You're free to run windoze if you want. In this business, you're crazy if you do.

Cheers,
Cameron
01-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #81
JMS

Plus, if you're in the design field, there's always VectorWorks. It's a very powerful, yet simple, piece of software.
01-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #82
Veteran Member

....."AUSTIN, Texas - A colossal cloud of gas is racing toward a collision with our galaxy, and when it hits, the crash could trigger an intense burst of star formation.

The collision and stellar light show will occur in 20 million to 40 million years, an astronomer announced here today at a meeting of the American Astronomical Society.

Will it be on the shelf by then ???????
01-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #83
raz

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
What a load of rubbish.

Need I remind you, Photoshop originally came on a Mac classic back in 1984, which featured icons and a mouse, back when Bill Gates didn't have the guts to plagarize the Mac operating system yet, and PC users had green screens running an ancient DOS system (Pictures on a computer? Forget it!). And pretty much the entire print, photographic, design, movie, and recording industries run on them, with a few very rare exceptions. They're not buying overpriced hype, they're using a machine that works reliably, gives you colours that are right, have very rare minor crashes that don't destroy all your data, and work well and are compatible for a long long time. And feature innovations that Windoze can only copy (actually, steal) 5 years later (Vista....mwah ha ha - nice job, Bill).

This from a Mac dual processor 450, 2 gigs of ram, 3 hdd, from 1999 with a MILLION miles on it, still running strong. I'm a photographer and graphic artist so I use this thing hard. I design calendars for a wildlife organization, high-rez fine art calendars typically up to 3 gigs open on the desktop. My annual pet rescue calendar is typically about 2.3 gigs opened in InDesign, and I usually have several hundred megs of high rez photos open in Photoshop as well as logos in Illustrator open simultaneously, for days or weeks on end, with no hint of a crash or a problem. Try that on a PC from 1999, if you can even get the piece of **** to start.

I switched to Mac in 1999 after the disasterous Windoze 98 first edition caused a year of total grief and hundred's of hours of lost work. I'll NEVER go back.

Didn't want to get into this, but when Mac is attacked viciously by ill-informed people, I'll attack back.

You're free to run windoze if you want. In this business, you're crazy if you do.

Cheers,
Cameron
I really really didn't want to start a war here , is not the place and not the time, that's why I stopped yesterday although some of you continued...but you are so wrong that I have to say this:

For you a pc is only "windoz98" and crahses and that's it. Well let me tell you something, a PC is not only about that, it's about linux, it's about , freebsd, it's about 64 bit operating systems, it's about flexibility, upgrade, it's about tones of codecs and software, games, it's about lots of choices.

And in 99 when you were working on windows 98 and then switched to apple, I was working in windows NT, on a dual processor system rendering 3d graphics, and in the same time playing Half Life and also having a multi boot partition with Gentus linux. So yes, you should have know that windows 98 was never intended to be a serious professional tool, for that you had Windows Nt, which had preemptive multitasking and better memory allocation well ahead of Mac OS 9.x

You say macs "gives you colours that are right": you know is very funny because you don't understand the same video card that you have, we have too, is called an Ati, Nvidia or Intel. For a monitor, we used to have diamondtronds and trinitrons and now we can get Eizo ColorEdge...so how is an apple better than that ? And about colors, righhhtttt, 6 bit LCD on the mackbook pro or the 262,000 colors that are not Millions But hey at least it's a nice design!

Last edited by raz; 01-15-2008 at 07:10 PM.
01-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raz Quote
[...]it's about linux[...]
Yeah! That's what I'm talkin' about!
01-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #85
Inactive Account

I feel like I just walked into a high school science lab. "My bunsen burner is better than yours!" I have a crazy idea, lets talk about cameras.
01-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #86
and
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
I have a crazy idea, lets talk about cameras.
silly talk.

lets do intel vs amd or ati vs nvidia instead!
01-15-2008, 07:13 PM   #87
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
silly talk.

lets do intel vs amd or ati vs nvidia instead!
Coke vs Pepsi
or
Ford vs Chevy
01-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Velvia vs Provia?
01-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #89
Veteran Member

keep on topic please...i dont see the corrolation of the original subject to the recent posts....

thanks....
01-15-2008, 08:09 PM   #90
Inactive Account

Velveeta vs Kraft
Closed Thread