Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skamaraju Quote
Ben,
Atleast tell mw how soon it is going to be available on Shelves, reason being I already sold my K10D 2days back in anticipation of the new one. And I can't live long without a Pentax.

RIP You will be missed.

01-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Everybody here should calm down..It is known that all of the journalists that attended the Dubai News Conference had to sign an NDA. This required that there be an embargo that must be honored. The date given for the lifting of that embargo was January 24, 2008. Now if any of them wish to risk a major law suit they will respect that NDA and wait until the official press release.

Ben
Ben , really now ,
Just sign on as a new person and give a little info ,
it would be IMPOSSIBLE know where or who it came from
01-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Everybody here should calm down..It is known that all of the journalists that attended the Dubai News Conference had to sign an NDA. This required that there be an embargo that must be honored. The date given for the lifting of that embargo was January 24, 2008. Now if any of them wish to risk a major law suit they will respect that NDA and wait until the official press release.

Ben
It must be fun to see every attempt at calming folks down and telling them to relax and just wait for 12 more days turn into a raging rumor fest...

Especially when you KNOW what's coming.

I envy you Ben... I always appreciate a good laugh, especially in good company
01-12-2008, 08:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jesus Quote
Ben , really now ,
Just sign on as a new person and give a little info ,
it would be IMPOSSIBLE know where or who it came from
If you were in any of the NDA people's shoes, would you take the risk of being sued just for letting a few people know 12 days in advance some new camera specs?

Would you take the risk?

01-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Now THAT would be funny (although in an horrible kind of way): on the 24th we get the announce that the new K20D boasts... the same exact 10MP sensor than the K10D (or even the 12MP Sony sensor, just like everybody else...)!!
But such a delay would be typical for Pentax.
I find it quite probable.
All those superlatives recently ... not really fitting Pentax.
I think the new one will be a good camera, but nothing to rave about.
The 24th will be a letdown for some ...
01-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Well maybe Pentax latest marketing achievments were not that great (unlike their cameras!). But well, we all saw leaked GX-20 specs. 14Mp, LiveView. Samsung would NEVER risk the new (for samsung) line of products by diving false info. And it simply cannot be that Samsung will be 14Mp, while Pentax will lag behind with 10-12. Now THAT would be really crazy!
01-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Would you take the risk?
[Hands up] I would! I would!!

01-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Ben, really, now? How's life treating you? It seems all sorts of people are asking all sorts of migrane-inducing questions and don't know how to wait 12 more days.
01-12-2008, 09:35 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Latest rumors from Germany:
- Sensor ist not ready. For PMA K20 will get a 10-12 MP sensor.
Only later (first quarter of 2009) the new sensor will be used.
- no life view, at least not for PMA
Well, just rumors of course.
Well, this type of totally impossible rumors should be stopped. We have confirmed 14MP sensors on all the prototypes and on literature given out at the Dubai conference. So this one piece of info is very solid.

In addition, you CANNOT switch out sensor like that. Basically, if you change the sensor, you need an almost total redesign of the peripheral electronics. So I am 100% sure that it is false.

Live View is also confirmed (officially) from Samsung, so again it is 100% that K20D would have Live View.
01-12-2008, 09:56 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes, the emphasis should be on "prototypes".
01-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Ben, really, now? How's life treating you? It seems all sorts of people are asking all sorts of migrane-inducing questions and don't know how to wait 12 more days.
Pentax people are nothing if not patient:
I learned nothing really, just read rumours.
First of all, release of a new body NOT at PMA, NOT at Photokina but in May.... (or was it announcement, rumours always very vague on that one)
Odd timing but on the other hand, this way the release will not be overshadowed by the big C and maybe N releases at either show..
I have not read yet the month may on this forum....
Also 60-250/f4 at Photokina
Quote (from Tekade Alfred) (in response to another "the local shop told Pentax will continue as samsung"thread):
The high-end MF (645d) will be ready for photokina.Several other Pentax-DSLRswill come this year too (from low-end DL to "upper DS")
In addition we expect to see k-mount-news from Samsung: GX-1s & L in march (=pentax) and second half of the year (photokina?) at least one Samsung-developed k-mount DSLR with 10 MPx and end of the year/ next year several Schneider k-mount-lenses are expected.....
So, doesn't look like pentax / k-mount will die in the next future
11:46:58 AM, Monday, February 20, 2006 (GMT)
Re: You what?: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Over 2 years wait for a simple zoom...... how impatient is that....
01-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #27
Veteran Member

If what you say is true, it won't be a letdown for some... it will be a letdown for all!

I don't think any company could ever come out alive of such a blatant marketing scam!

I have been a Pentax user since 1992 and although they have often been late or absent in the marketing department, they never have orchestrated such a careful campaign.
If it is all for a basic update of the K10... I think I'll have trust issues with them from now on, meaning I'll probably go with a reliable company which doesn't try to retain my attention by saying: "We're coming out with something big! Be patient!" and then on the due date, comes with nothing and goes: "Oh no, it's just a small delay, we're REALLY coming with something big next year, be patient..."

I don't necessarily need something huge every other year, but then why advertise it as such?

(All this is purely rhetorical of course as I am persuaded they will present something more interesting than a simple upgrade on the 24th. If it goes like 14,6MP, ISO 3200/6400 and around 5fps plus a few bonus in the customization of the interface, I'll be a happy camper).
01-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #28

Speculation is good to help Pentax creative juices work on something better in the future. As long as people reading the boards do not expect speculation to be real thing then this is fine.

Also, no matter how drunk you get Ben to try and pry a look at his Pentax Prototype Toy Room, he won't give in.

Patience Patience Patience.....

On a side note Ben, any pics from the conference of the Pentax Limos, golf courses or anything that you guys got to use????
01-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #29
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by zntgrg Quote
Will the TNT be a proprietary form factor or readily on-the-shelf avaible (Warner bros. cartoon style) one?
And the refills will come in Carnival Bomb format:ugh:
01-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #30

You know, I've heard that James Bond was actually at Dubai on a secret mission from Pentax.

He was saving the NDA from the diabolical plans of Goldfinger, AKA Nikon, and especially Dr No, AKA Canon. He even had a run in with Octopussy, AKA Leica...

And SHE still couldn't get an NDA leak.
Closed Thread