Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tbear Quote
This is also a forum for people who like news, so I am entitled to hang out here also. Just because I value news, doesn't mean I have to value rumor.
Of course, you are welcome here. But you'd be disappointed if you look for real news here. Better luck in the official news forum.

But since this is a rumors forum too, why would you criticize rumors thread when this is the appropriate place for such discussions?

01-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #62

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Of course, you are welcome here. But you'd be disappointed if you look for real news here. Better luck in the official news forum.

But since this is a rumors forum too, why would you criticize rumors thread when this is the appropriate place for such discussions?
I never thought that rumors should not be posted in the News and Rumors forum.
This is of course, the right place for them. People can give their opinion on anything, even if it is not favorable. I chose to give my opinion on the value of rumors (whether they be in a dedicated rumor forum or not). My negative opinion of rumors should in no way be construed as a personal attack on anyone's character, I was simply stating my opinion.
01-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #63
Inactive Account

If I were a Nikon or Canon user...

If I were a Nikon or Canon user...

I would be worrying about where I would be finding K-mount lenses for my new Pentax K**-*D. Unless Pentax/Hoya planned ahead and will not be caught short in lens supply like they were when the K10D arrived.

Someone in this thread said the K10D may have been a fluke or a one time phenomenon. It was not, the K10D was a well planned market stratagem which leads to January 24th 2008 and well beyond.

Wired Magazine, just released this article.

Pentax, Samsung Prep New SLRs | Gadget Lab from Wired.com

David Becker, gets his information from extremely reliable sources and he is rarely very far off base.

For what it's worth, my 2 cents.

Wendy

A Hint is here, YouTube - Bachman Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Last edited by WendyB; 01-14-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: more info
01-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
I would be worrying about where I would be finding K-mount lenses for my new Pentax K**-*D.

David Becker, gets his information from extremely reliable sources and he is rarely very far off base.

Wendy
Yes, but they didn't match A700 & D300 3" 900,000 pixel LCD? wow. Maybe it wouldn't fit. I wonder if the pixel resolution will match?

Nikon and Canon owners should be worrying as long as Pentax can completely eliminate the vertical banding and color noise on those ISO 6400 shots as seen in the other thread. If Nikon can release the D300 having made a point of eliminating those shortcomings, obviously so can Pentax.

As you say, we ain't seen nothing yet, so of course Pentax won't introduce the K20D with these issues. Right?

01-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
both of them used superlatives indicating the new stuff would "blow Canon and Nikon out of the water"
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
I'm excited and continue to be

my enthusiasm is drawn from other reasons than numbers on a piece of paper

If you're not happy with the camera when it arrives I'll gladly apologize

you're unhappy that I'm an enthusiastic person. You look at my enthusiasm as pure hype.

The new camera on paper says Pentax could possibly have a goldmine on their hands.

Well you may continue to try and make me look like an idiot and schmuck
But, the K20D sample photos show banding and color noise at high ISO. How can they tweak this out by improved firmware? A 2.7" LCD instead of 3" 900000 pixel LCD?

Blow them out of the water?
01-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Man, I can't believe this thread is still alive and kicking.
01-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #67
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mutley Quote
Yes, but they didn't match A700 & D300 3" 900,000 pixel LCD? wow. Maybe it wouldn't fit. I wonder if the pixel resolution will match?

Nikon and Canon owners should be worrying as long as Pentax can completely eliminate the vertical banding and color noise on those ISO 6400 shots as seen in the other thread. If Nikon can release the D300 having made a point of eliminating those shortcomings, obviously so can Pentax.

As you say, we ain't seen nothing yet, so of course Pentax won't introduce the K20D with these issues. Right?
The VB is not an issue any more. I am on very thin N aturally D issipatig A logorythims ice right now, and have been sternly warned so please leave it at that. Talk to me in 215 hours.
01-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #68
Veteran Member

The VB is not an issue any more.
Thanks Wendy for your clarification. And I hope Larry would get this message. He has started raising this "K20D's VPN & Color Noise issue" in every forum! Based on unknown beta version photo, no less.

01-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #69
Veteran Member

The VB is not an issue any more.

Don't break the NDA, but did you see the K20D ISO 6400 shots in the other thread? As these photos have been released, I was just pointing out the visible VPN & color noise (and I wasn't the first).

I just wasn't sure whether its within firmware to fix.

Last edited by mutley; 01-14-2008 at 09:19 PM.
01-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
He has started raising this "K20D's VPN & Color Noise issue" in every forum!
Just to clarify, I just mentioned it in response to another person's K20D VPN post. People are noticing it, and won't accept it.

I didn't post that response on "every forum". Just one. DPR.

So, you can go f_ck yourself. I'll say what I want, when I want, and if you can't understand the comment, then read something more starry eyed. I don't start personal attack comments about you based on a made up occurance. Every forum. Please.

Last edited by mutley; 01-14-2008 at 10:28 PM.
01-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Don't break the NDA, but did you see the K20D ISO 6400 shots in the other thread? As these photos have been released, I was just pointing out the VPN (and I wasn't the first).
Wendy has already said "leave it at that", and she posted in that thread, so she obviously has seen it.

Remember that these camera could have beta hardware too. So it is not just a beta firmware camera. They may not have enough late hardware versions to provide to the large group of journalists. So there may be a mixture of different hardware versions among the cameras.

But please give Pentax a chance and keep calm until we see the production unit. That's also the reason why review sites never mention one word about image quality from the preview units. They simply are not reliable in predicting the production version output.

QuoteOriginally posted by mutley:
So, you can go f_ck yourself. I'll say what I want, when I want, and if you can't understand the comment, then read something more starry eyed. I don't start personal attack comments about you based on a made up occurance. Every forum. Please.
I don't consider my comment a personal attack at all (just compare what I wrote and what your wrote above). If you take it as that, I would comment no further.
01-14-2008, 11:55 PM   #72
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Please, an admin...
01-15-2008, 02:37 AM   #73
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just to clarify, I just mentioned it in response to another person's K20D VPN post. People are noticing it, and won't accept it.

I didn't post that response on "every forum". Just one. DPR.

Maybe we should all take a break from Pentax forums and come back in 10 days...

Some posts are going way over the top here...
01-15-2008, 08:18 AM   #74
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't break the NDA, but did you see the K20D ISO 6400 shots in the other thread? As these photos have been released, I was just pointing out the visible VPN & color noise (and I wasn't the first).
Just an FYI... generally speaking Noise Reduction can be applied in Software out of camera, Software in camera, or Hardware in camera controlled by software. That controlling software is most likely (supposition, I don't know for 100% this is the mechanisms our cameras employ) in the form of numerical coefficients controlling the digital signal processor. If the firmware utilized at that moment didn't have optimized noise reduction coefficients, or any at all, the results would be degraded image by noise. Change the controlling numerical coefficients with a firmware update, and you change the manner in which the image is processed. Again, this is an assumption the noise reduction is a hardware based one, which I'm assuming as it is much faster to do that specialized processing that way.
01-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #75
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by Tbear Quote
I never thought that rumors should not be posted in the News and Rumors forum.
This is of course, the right place for them. People can give their opinion on anything, even if it is not favorable. I chose to give my opinion on the value of rumors (whether they be in a dedicated rumor forum or not). My negative opinion of rumors should in no way be construed as a personal attack on anyone's character, I was simply stating my opinion.
Acknowledged.
Closed Thread