Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #46

^ Possibly so... to both posts.

But... what if you could do this on the back of the LCD? Like one of the in camera effects? The resolution on the LCD is waaaaaay less, I would presume. How much less, I don't know, I'm not technically inclined. Is there any way a low res effects on the LCD (such as changing focus after the shot) could translate onto the high res file?

Again, it might sound like a dumb question but I'm not technically inclined.

01-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You will get a very low resolution image, period.
01-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #48

Ouch.

Well, at least I know (so far) that Pentax has the patent. And hopefully now some money behind it. So it's still a chance.
01-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #49
Inactive Account

Not Going To Pay Fot It...

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
I'd like to see Pentax get their name back in the top of the pecking order in the camera world
I DO NOT want Pentax to have the camera with the 'best specs'. I want the most cost-effective camera that takes great pictures. I refuse to pay for the Nikon & Canon 'premium' for 'professional' wannabes. What I am sick of, is N&C paying trolls to come here and rhapsodize over the regressive silliness of Full Frame. Who wants to pay to haul around a huge camera and lenses or pay for in-lense SR for example?
Pentax has the approach that I want. The most cost-effective camera, not the most expensive. For Pentax to copy N&C, would mean a price jump that would be unjustifiable.

01-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
"its gets built up so high by the rumor mill"

Most of the build-up has come from Chris and Ben, who supposedly have first-hand knowledge of the product.

And, if I recall correctly, both of them used superlatives indicating the new stuff would "blow Canon and Nikon out of the water" (or something similar).

I'm expecting something totally revolutionary.
Well it will be and so the K10D and you can take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm excited and continue to be because of what I do know, but there is still a lot that I do not know.

The problem with one persons excitement it isn't going to be exciting to other people. Most people on this forum know my photography and can see what I produce with a camera and what I like to shoot, just the same as they can see your work and know what you like to shot. The things I've said may be vague but my enthusiasm is drawn from other reasons than numbers on a piece of paper, but the fact that I may be able to shoot without some of the limitations the K10D has for my style of photography just like you yourself seek something to help you with your photographic passion.

If you're not happy with the camera when it arrives I'll gladly apologize in an open thread here and never speak a blip about anything that I have an NDA on be it this brand or any other. Not a wink or a smile so just PM me with your opinion and I'll gladly keep my promise Tom.

QuoteOriginally posted by Flaco Quote
Haha, aint that the truth. "It's going to be ground breaking. Doh, I'm NDA, I cant say any thing about it". Then how about ya stop making threads and talking about? Knowing damn well everybody would have questions.

And I wouldn't hold your breath on it being revolutionary. Just expect another new camera on the market that will have it's good and bad like all of the rest of the new cameras on the market.
I'm sorry you feel that way and you're unhappy that I'm an enthusiastic person. You take things too deeply and don't understand the creative nature of an artist. If the new tool will help you achieve a better result then there is plenty of room for excitement. You look at my enthusiasm as pure hype.

I've been on the fence a long time to switch brands because I need better results as I'm getting closer to becoming more of a professional photographer. I have tons of weddings booked and planned, model shoots sitting on dates for the next few months that will pay fairly well and I have three businesses looking to hire me on as a full time photographer, but I'm putting it all off because of the equipment. My K10D can do the job, but it has many limitations that won't get better with more practice on my part and my shutter count of 80,000 in less than a year is proof of my practice.

The new camera on paper says I could achieve this without buying into a new camera brand which is the best news I've heard all year and it's exciting that Pentax could possibly have a goldmine on their hands. The K10D was a goldmine for Pentax and if everything goes as has been slowly explained to me and many others it will be a competitive camera instead of just a value rich camera.

Also another reason for a lot of people blipping in with enthusiasm is that many are thinking about jumping ship because of the same reasons I have and the people in the know said wait, it's going to be worth it. I'm waiting and have all the money put away now for one new body and will continue to save pennies and do more jobs and save more for other things. If the camera releases and sucks I'll be the first to say it because what I've been told and shown it should rock and it will crush me as a Pentaxian to see it flop after all the greats things it can do now.

Well you may continue to try and make me look like an idiot and schmuck, but you'll never win that battle.
01-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #51

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
I'm sorry you feel that way and you're unhappy that I'm an enthusiastic person. You take things too deeply and don't understand the creative nature of an artist. If the new tool will help you achieve a better result then there is plenty of room for excitement. You look at my enthusiasm as pure hype.

Well you may continue to try and make me look like an idiot and schmuck, but you'll never win that battle.
Im not trying to make you look like a idiot or a scmuck at all. I enjoi your work and what you as a artist bring to the forum. You seem to have good attitude and ego when it comes to this art. Over the last year I have watched your work get better and better. I've never had a problem with you, your work, or any of your threads.

But there are others with godly attitudes and egos that i refer to.
01-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Im not trying to make you look like a idiot or a scmuck at all. I enjoi your work and what you as a artist bring to the forum. You seem to have good attitude and ego when it comes to this art. Over the last year I have watched your work get better and better. I've never had a problem with you, your work, or any of your threads.

But there are others with godly attitudes and egos that i refer to.
Its all good, it's the Illinois nature in us

There can be a feeling of ego in many threads, but as I've told my GF a million times you can't tell tone from letters. Someone could be posting with a big grin and a happy note, but words are interpreted many different ways and its the bane of the internet and current technology. Emoticons only go so far :ugh: (Thats a sad, confirmed, hidden smile)

Ugh, I can't sleep, such a huge day tomorrow!

01-14-2008, 06:58 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Its all good, it's the Illinois nature in us

There can be a feeling of ego in many threads, but as I've told my GF a million times you can't tell tone from letters. Someone could be posting with a big grin and a happy note, but words are interpreted many different ways and its the bane of the internet and current technology. Emoticons only go so far :ugh: (Thats a sad, confirmed, hidden smile)

Ugh, I can't sleep, such a huge day tomorrow!
He's excited and agitated 'cause he can't come to my shoot next weekend..
01-14-2008, 07:25 AM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
He's excited and agitated 'cause he can't come to my shoot next weekend..
I'd rather go to a ricehigh or Ken Rockwell shoot. :ugh:
01-14-2008, 08:01 AM   #55
Veteran Member

I'd rather go to a ricehigh or Ken Rockwell shoot. :ugh:
Thanks for the humor man. Really made my evening.

I do think Ken does shoot stuff. When I was helping my friend research flashes for his camera (a Nikon), I came across Ken's mini-review of the SB400, along with some pictures he took with it.
01-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #56

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
I would be laughing my ass off at every unvalidated post on every website out there by over zealous Pentaxians who are posting unfounded specs on the whatever the new camera Pentax is going to introduce. Why? Because it is becoming a joke. It is like everyone is trying to build it up so it can do this, and it can do that, just to say it is better than the D3/D300 or the 40D or the whatever else.

There is a part of me that hopes that it is substandard, just so that 'they' can get their laugh and the over zealous Pentaxians go back to just taking photos and stop making this some sort of childish contest.

I'd like to see Pentax get their name back in the top of the pecking order in the camera world just as much as the next guy, but I would prefer that it be done with some symbolism of class as well.
I completely agree, Buddha Jones. I am fed up with all of the speculation threads as well as the "teaser" threads of people with NDA's pretending to give out snippets of info to foment frenzy among the masses. All of these threads are completely worthless. January 24th or whatever should be interesting for Pentax users but I for one am extremely happy with my K10D and am not going to replace it for at least a couple more years, no matter what wonderful innovations appear in the next iterations.
01-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #57
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
I DO NOT want Pentax to have the camera with the 'best specs'. I want the most cost-effective camera that takes great pictures.
To change direction ...

You may have one to take great pictures, but it may not be the most cost effective. I recall early on in the Hoya purchase of Pentax their making of a statement that in-effect said they were going to look to raise prices for their desirable technology and thus margins... (it may actually have been Chris that read, deciphered and shared that statement) Maybe they just needed to say that for the investors; maybe market and name recognition will prohibit this from happening, but I understand that was/is the desire. So this next camera may not be as good a 'bargain' as the K10D/K100 is, even after it's out 1 year. Only time will reveal how successful Hoya is in milking the $$$ from all of us. Hey, I left over $250 of Pentax Rebates in their hands to help support them..
01-14-2008, 09:30 AM   #58

I have tons of weddings booked and planned, model shoots sitting on dates for the next few months that will pay fairly well and I have three businesses looking to hire me on as a full time photographer, but I'm putting it all off because of the equipment.
Man, I can feel that pull. It's hard to describe that feeling... I don't know how. But I get almost exactly what you mean, minus the models.

It's tough when you get offers for such (for me, graduation photos, weddings, etc) and you have to turn them down because of your equipment. Mine, being broken. It's my fault though. I've procrastinated on getting the stuff repaired because it hasn't been a priority and then, BOOM, you're looking at offers, a job as a lighting assistant, get some weight underneath your belt, but you don't even return the phonecall. :ugh:

It's like a punch in the gut.
01-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tbear Quote
I am fed up with all of the speculation threads.....
but I for one am extremely happy with my K10D and am not going to replace it for at least a couple more years...
See? That's the reason. If you are not interested in what Pentax has to offer, obviously you won't care. But for those who are thinking of upgrading the cameras, this will be important news to them.

QuoteQuote:
All of these threads are completely worthless.
Do you realize that this is the "Pentax News and Rumors" forum?
Nobody force you to enter this forum if you don't like rumors. Sorry, but this is the place for those who like to discuss rumors to hang out.
01-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #60

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
See? That's the reason. If you are not interested in what Pentax has to offer, obviously you won't care. But for those who are thinking of upgrading the cameras, this will be important news to them.

Do you realize that this is the "Pentax News and Rumors" forum?
Nobody force you to enter this forum if you don't like rumors. Sorry, but this is the place for those who like to discuss rumors to hang out.
News can and will be important in this instance. Rumors will continue to be worthless.

This is also a forum for people who like news, so I am entitled to hang out here also. Just because I value news, doesn't mean I have to value rumor.
Closed Thread