Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm breaking my NDA

I know that some people will be upset with this one, but I've decided to break my NDA.

I should mention that my model is still a BETA version. When they hit the shelves they'll probably be a little more refined.

Here's the first REAL photograph of the new K20D.

As you can tell Pentax decided to go back to the traditional wood grain appearance.

They've decided that several of us wanted a full Manual camera, so that's what they gave us.

Since they realize that it'll be used almost exclusively by pro's they've decided to include a quick fix kit, just in case we encounter problems with it in the field.
This kit includes something that looks a lot like a roll of Duct tape, but it can even be applied under a waterfall.
Plus something that looks like a pack of gum.

That's all that I'll reveal at this time, but now that it's brought into the open I'm sure that others will add something to it.

01-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LOL - can you tell us if it's that lousy 4x5 format or a real 8x10 (please don't say it's 8x4.5 or anything crazy)
01-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I know that some people will be upset with this one, but I've decided to break my NDA.

I should mention that my model is still a BETA version. When they hit the shelves they'll probably be a little more refined.

As you can tell Pentax decided to go back to the traditional wood grain appearance.

They've decided that several of us wanted a full Manual camera, so that's what they gave us.

Since they realize that it'll be used almost exclusively by pro's they've decided to include a quick fix kit, just in case we encounter problems with it in the field.
This kit includes something that looks a lot like a roll of Duct tape, but it can even be applied under a waterfall.

That's all that I'll reveal at this time, but now that it's brought into the open I'm sure that others will add something to it.
Your NDA broken? Don't know why! But a few drills broken, yes maybe...
01-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I've just put my order in, I hope to get one by the end of 2008.

01-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #5

Weather proof?

Tim Typo
01-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote

Wow, they got it right:

Faster AF than the D3 (I hear it's instantaneous with the f232 hole...)

No possibility of back/front focus.

You can fit a HD camera in it, hell, you can even fit your lunch if you'd like!

You can sit on it if you're tired.

The possibilities are endless... thank you Pentax.
01-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I dunno.. It seems shopped, to me
Also, it should be black, to look more professional! (since it's aimed at the pro market)

01-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Lololololol
01-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
Veteran Member

haha you got me! has anyone figured how to get a pinhole on the dslr without buying those crazy $60 body caps (built pin hole) on ebay??
01-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #10

Hmm, not sure...I would say FAKE !!! Okay, I'm crazy
01-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Sweet! What kind of sensor does it have? Tin type?
01-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #12
Veteran Member

BTW, you're pretty evil to have a thread title like that. After 4 hours there have been 388 views!
01-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
Sweet! What kind of sensor does it have? Tin type?
They haven't actually told me, but that sounds about right

QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
BTW, you're pretty evil to have a thread title like that. After 4 hours there have been 388 views!
I may or may not have a NDA, I won't say. But i couldn't resist the title
01-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Hmmm, I wonder if people are going to say things like the maple finish K20s are superior to the cherry finish ones?
01-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Hi Stu

Do you think it will it come supplied with one of those new-fangled light-proof black capes to assist when focussing on subjects in bright daylight ?

Best regards
Fox Talbot

Last edited by Confused; 01-14-2008 at 03:51 PM.