Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #316
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
so would that give them the FA 31, 43, 77, plus DFA 50 + 100 and DA 200 + 300 and two zooms what would work on FF?

that would be plenty. maybe a wide-angle?

it is easily within the realms of possibility. or at least its not the lenses that are holding them back.
They have a 20mm+ DA* zoom coming out, that might be full frame, but that is speculation of course; and not as wide as the 16-85. Odd length for an APS-C zoom though.

04-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #317
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
They have a 20mm+ DA* zoom coming out, that might be full frame, but that is speculation of course; and not as wide as the 16-85. Odd length for an APS-C zoom though.
is that the DA zoom limited you mean? yes strange focal length, but it would fill the gap between 21 and 40 for the limiteds

there is that other DA wide angle zoom. i don't see why they would be needing that - the 12-24 is almost the same?
unless it has different aperture sizes or is weather sealed. it would be a DA* then though? - or simply WR?
(though the 'DA telephoto lens' - the 560mm - is weather sealed by the looks of it and that isn't labelled WR)
if that 'DA wide angle zoom' turns out to be FF then it will complete the lineup.
04-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #318
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
is that the DA zoom limited you mean? yes strange focal length, but it would fill the gap between 21 and 40 for the limiteds

there is that other DA wide angle zoom. i don't see why they would be needing that - the 12-24 is almost the same?
unless it has different aperture sizes or is weather sealed. it would be a DA* then though? - or simply WR?
(though the 'DA telephoto lens' - the 560mm - is weather sealed by the looks of it and that isn't labelled WR)
if that 'DA wide angle zoom' turns out to be FF then it will complete the lineup.
I personally don't plan to go full frame, but it would make the lenses worthy of the price increases, and be a very acceptable change in direction. An updated SDM 2 or use of the DC motor would also make Pentax lenses worth, closer to, the price of the L series. As nice as the DA*s are though they still don't meet the build quality of L glass, so I believe the price should be a bit less.
04-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #319
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I personally don't plan to go full frame, but it would make the lenses worthy of the price increases, and be a very acceptable change in direction. An updated SDM 2 or use of the DC motor would also make Pentax lenses worth, closer to, the price of the L series. As nice as the DA*s are though they still don't meet the build quality of L glass, so I believe the price should be a bit less.
i don't plan to go FF unless a nice small one comes out (and i suddenly get lots of spare money from somewhere), and thats unlikely.
i would only use primes though so the DA* zooms aren't interesting to me.

yeah i agree i think that they should get rid of SDM now, and release either SDM 2 or DC like you say.

the main reason i want pentax to go full frame is that i think it will be good for the brand, and ricoh have the cash to do it. i mean why wouldn't they really? there is a far too big gap between K-5 and 645D

04-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #320
Inactive Account

probably off topic, but does anyone know who this guy is, and did he get the k-01 and D800 right before they happened?
Strictly rumor: Pentax 35mm full-frame DSLR and APS-C EVIL to come in 2012 [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
04-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #321

Photos: Gallery
Looks like Ned approved most of the comments and also responded to many of them directly...

Anyone interested - should read his responses...
04-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #322
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dgcom Quote
Looks like Ned approved most of the comments and also responded to many of them directly...

He approved 29 to date. I suspect there were a lot more than that.

04-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #323
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
Yeah, well, if I were a moderator here, I wouldn't tolerate "Boycott Pentax" threads on a Pentax fan forum. It's a bit much.
Here here! And "a it much" is giant understatement.
04-21-2012, 03:05 AM   #324

I've leaved a message in his blog.
------------------------------------------------
Dear Ned,
Thanks for your patient reply for Pentaxians.
If you want to add exposures of physical stores, I have a simple advice.
Samsung used to be a weak brand, just like PENTAX now.However, they've become a top electronics giant.In order to list in some powerful channels, they shared huge profits with the physical channels they want to conquer, instead of limiting others pricing.The shared profits were seen a kind of advertising by Samsung management level.
Market is free.You always cannot control it, even you monitor seamlessly and sign strict agreements.
For example, you can check the prices of DA* ZOOM in AMAZON.com now. Channels are searching their maximum profits.

Regards,
04-21-2012, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #325
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dgcom Quote

Why would anybody do that? It would take all the fun out of people arguing based on nothing but speculation.
04-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #326
Veteran Member

How did this sharing of huge profits work? Most in this thread would like to learn more about the mechanics of this relationship.

OTOH, it does assume that there are huge profits to share ....

QuoteOriginally posted by JerryLime Quote
I've leaved a message in his blog.
------------------------------------------------
Dear Ned,
Thanks for your patient reply for Pentaxians.
If you want to add exposures of physical stores, I have a simple advice.
Samsung used to be a weak brand, just like PENTAX now.However, they've become a top electronics giant.In order to list in some powerful channels, they shared huge profits with the physical channels they want to conquer, instead of limiting others pricing.The shared profits were seen a kind of advertising by Samsung management level.
Market is free.You always cannot control it, even you monitor seamlessly and sign strict agreements.
For example, you can check the prices of DA* ZOOM in AMAZON.com now. Channels are searching their maximum profits.

Regards,
04-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #327
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Why would anybody do that? It would take all the fun out of people arguing based on nothing but speculation.
I would rather just imagine what I think Ned would say and then respond to those imaginary things.
04-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #328
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I would rather just imagine what I think Ned would say and then respond to those imaginary things.
Do you really think that there were only 29 posts made?
04-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #329
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Do you really think that there were only 29 posts made?
Could be......if you went to a big event like a NFL Game or a Nascar Race, and among the tens of thousands of cameras present, counted all the Pentax cameras, I'm willing to bet you would not reach the number "29". Wanna bet?
So this is the "huge incentive" for Mom & Pop to carry Pentax products so we can find them across America....like we do Nikon and Canon? I love a good Fairy Tale......I just don't believe them.

Regards!
04-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #330
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
a Nascar Race, and among the tens of thousands of cameras present, counted all the Pentax cameras, I'm willing to bet you would not reach the number "29".

I'd almost take that bet for a nascar event where there are frequently far in excess of some 100k people there. But who would be willing to count; so we'll never know. My medium sized gadget bag usually holds three Pentax cameras. 26 more to go