Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 71 Likes Search this Thread
04-18-2012, 04:49 PM - 1 Like   #151
Veteran Member

Says the guy who was just complaining about ad hominems.

04-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #152

Photos: Albums
I just sold all my pentax gears several weeks ago. I still like pentax but when look at what NC did for you in .jpg output I decide to a switch. NC understands general audience's need and optimize your .jpg output. They know what do you want for skin tone. They know what they need to sacrifice and only focus the dynamic range you are most interested in. They use the dynamic range wisely. So in general I only need to do a little bit of adjustments in .jpg. With Pentax I have to get the lightroom just to do what NC had already done. I pulled myself out and now I can enjoy making pictures not sucking in with raw files and lightroom. To me that's a prison.

As to the price! I don't feel pentax lenses are cheap. Their price is already matched with NC prosumer lenses. There is not many pentax equivalents to NC professional level zooms. If the professional level lenses are not important to you then the selection of consumer grade lenses are the keys. The lens selections are much more no matter generic brand or name brands. The most unique feature of pentax lenses are the limited line of primes. But how many of us can afford that? I was only able to try the cheapest DAL 40mm 2.8 pancake. That's a nice lens but limited by the K-7 sensor. My heart was broken at that time. Gosh I have to upgrade to a new camera!

I don't believe a price hike will help pentax to become a big leader in the industry. You have to be good then we agree you to pay a premium after that. I won't pay in advance. Just like TOYOTA established the reputation and then people are willing to pay premium for a Lexus.

You get reward after you did the hard work not when you want to be good.
^_^
04-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Yeah, and when the world wants help who do they turn to?
To the sucker that is willing to try and save it.
04-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #154
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
But never the other way around, because avocados require a shorter register distance and you won't be able to focus it to infinity.
Unless you're trying to make in-camera guacamole.

04-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #155
Veteran Member

Yeah, and when the world wants help who do they turn to? Are they speaking German across Europe now? Hmmm. Funny man, love the and other added value icons.
Let's see, who sat on the fence selling to the Nazis for years? Oh that's right it was the USA. Florence Nightingale and Mother Theresa all rolled up into the USA.

Bonus values added icons
04-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #156
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
To the sucker that is willing to try and save it.
Yes, naive of us.
04-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
Let's see, who sat on the fence selling to the Nazis for years? Oh that's right it was the USA. Florence Nightingale and Mother Theresa all rolled up into the USA.

Bonus values added icons
Don't worry, FDR was depth-charging Nazi subs at the same time. Things were simpler back then.

04-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
First they add video, then in-camera guac... I just want my camera to take pictures.
04-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #159
Inactive Account

Breaking point. You've been such an utter bastard that I retaliated, not proud of it but there it is.
Calm down guys....
I have to admit that all of that went over my head-but that's besides the point. There's no point in gettin agitated over forum posts.
04-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #160
Veteran Member

Breaking point. You've been such an utter bastard that I retaliated, not proud of it but there it is.

On the upside, maybe this thread will get locked if the political crap keeps up.
04-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #161
Inactive Account

Is that the new term for extra creamy bokeh? (normally in the green variety)
04-18-2012, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #162
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote

On the upside, maybe this thread will get locked if the political crap keeps up.
In case you hadn't noticed, there are people having a proper discussion here, and that would be a shame to stop. The obvious policy to employ is remove the selfish people spoiling everyone else's fun.

If I were a moderator I would have already banned you from this thread.

Unfortunately I don't think there are any patrolling around right now.
04-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #163
Veteran Member

Don't worry, FDR was depth-charging Nazi subs at the same time. Things were simpler back then.
It's always interesting to see what people come up with. Lend-Lease preceded our official military involvement despite a plurality of Americans being against getting involved AGAIN in a European squabble, then there was our Navy patrolling our waters out to the 3 mile limit (three miles from England that is). But then its convenient to forget WWI as well I guess.
04-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #164
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote

As they would say on 4chan "404 this thread now"
04-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #165
Veteran Member

Better write that in French and English......
It's been real eye opening what complete bastards many of our non-US "friends" here on the Pentax forum are in actual fact. Sad, but eye opening.
Are you taking your meds?

I assume this is directed (at least in part) to me. Lets review.
QuoteOriginally posted by riff:
1. Wow we agree on something.
2. The thing is Canada and Canadians are largely highly regarded by the world.
3. Canadians, you know the people Americans pretend to be when traveling abroad.
4. Probably it's what goes around comes around.
The first line is to Blue and nunnayerbiz.
Line two is a statement of fact few will dispute.
Line three is also true
Line four my explanation of why some may enjoy seeing Americans get a price increase.

And for this I am a BASTARD. Thanks for proving my points.