Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #196
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
But you seem to be laboring under, an admittedly until recently common, misconception - you are NOT a Pentax customer. If in doubt of this fact please re-read His Holiness's earlier post to his blog blessing this price rise.
Actually I am a Pentax Customer. - Whatever Mr Ned thinks is irrelevant as he has lost all credibility by claiming Pentax hasn't rasied the prices of their lenses

04-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #197
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Gotta like old Lee Marvin. :Hysterical:
There are at least 15 "Best Movie Lines" in that movie.

Rico: So what else is on your mind besides hundred-proof women, 'n' ninety-proof whiskey, 'n' fourteen-carat gold?
Bill Dolworth: Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph!

[Bill Dolworth admires Maria Grant's cleavage]
Maria Grant: Yes?
Bill Dolworth: Just wondering... what makes you worth a hundred thousand dollars.
Maria Grant: Go to hell.
Bill Dolworth: Yes ma'am. I'm on my way.
04-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #198
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I gave up indignation - righteous & otherwise - for Lent, and never bothered to look for it again.
What is Lent?

QuoteQuote:
As far as "agitating"... I would rather be nice and gain info. Ned's response to price increases & Pentax's role in them is typical corporate spin, to expect otherwise is not living in 21st century reality.
Well I already said I didn't expect it to be anything else but corporate spin. In fact I'm not complaining about the corporate spin per se , I'm complaining about the disingenuous untruth

QuoteQuote:
The cost of camera gear is not worth getting infuriated over.
It certainly isn't and I'm not. I'm furious over having my intelligence insulted by a disingenuous employee of pentax. I hear plenty of rubbish spouted on forums, but expect a prominent Pentax employee to display a little more intelligence
04-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #199
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Actually I am a Pentax Customer. - Whatever Mr Ned thinks is irrelevant as he has lost all credibility by claiming Pentax hasn't rasied the prices of their lenses
Repent, Repent I say your deviation from the true path.

04-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #200
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
From the movie, The Professionals
Joe Grant (Ralph Bellamy) to "Rico" Fardan (Lee Marvin): "You BASTARD!"
Rico to Grant: "Yes, sir. In my case, an accident of birth. But you -- you, Sir, are a self-made-man."
bahahaha, excellent!
04-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #201
Veteran Member

Y'all need to take a chill pill. If Ned (or higher prices for that matter) does your head in, then stop thinking about Ned and go take some pictures.

Deep breaths everyone... Breathe out and press that shutter firmly.
04-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #202
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Yes, but there is such a thing as insulting your audience. Ned seems particularly good at achieving that with his pronouncements about how we have to see things
I'm guessing self awareness is not your strong suit.
Yours sincerly,
the BASTARD

04-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #203
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is Lent?
It's a Catholic holiday that precedes Easter. Traditionally, a person "gives up" something - say, chocolate - as a form of observation. I'm not Catholic, but to say you "gave something up for Lent", even when you didn't, is/was a fairly common ironic and comedic device.

QuoteQuote:
It certainly isn't and I'm not. I'm furious over having my intelligence insulted by a disingenuous employee of pentax. I hear plenty of rubbish spouted on forums, but expect a prominent Pentax employee to display a little more intelligence
Please don't be furious over that, either. The blood pressure spike isn't worth it. Or perhaps you're merely engaging in typical forum hyperbole!
04-18-2012, 06:59 PM - 1 Like   #204
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Popcorn Time!
04-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #205
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
It's a Catholic holiday that precedes Easter. Traditionally, a person "gives up" something - say, chocolate - as a form of observation. I'm not Catholic, but to say you "gave something up for Lent", even when you didn't, is/was a fairly common ironic and comedic device.
Ahhh OK thansk for the clarification. I don't do Religous cults though.

QuoteQuote:
Please don't be furious over that, either. The blood pressure spike isn't worth it. Or perhaps you're merely engaging in typical forum hyperbole!
No hyperbole I am furious. but not enough to spike any blood pressure.
04-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Should we expect to see camera prices increase next?

Just thinking along the same lines. Should we be expecting price increase on the new cameras?
I'm not sure I would be happy with a $2000 K5n. I would rather spend the extra $1500 and get a D800 at that point.
No...I'm not jumping ship, but I am evaluating the new price/performance aspect of Pentax.
No...I'm not selling my gear if I leave. It's going to be handed down to my daughter.

This is going to be an interesting year.
04-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jmg257 Quote
I haven't said that, nor would I. But if I wanted a Pentax item that the local camera shop is now selling for the same price as Amazon, I would very likely say "might as well get it here - no sense ordering online". If more retailers can compete, more retailers might be willing to start selling the whole Pentax line. Seems atleast a few already have...
I agree with you, but i live in a area with 8.25% tax. It's down from 8.75%. The state want to add another .5%~1%.
This strategy may not work as well in my state if sales tax gets close to 10%.
04-18-2012, 07:38 PM - 1 Like   #208
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm not sure how vaporware fits in....maybe that FF Pentax is vaporware? Several lenses over the years have appeared to become vaporware, I have heard.......but I can tell you about "Pie in the Sky" . Pie in the sky is when you buy into an idea that is mostly insane...like believing that a company that is selling a few lenses to begin with, can almost double the price of those lenses and dreamy eyed believers with rose colored glasses begin to imagine Mom & Pop Camera Stores popping up all across America.........

Look for them in the sky....along with the pie, they are both made of the same figment of imagination.
Regards!
04-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #209
Veteran Member

but expect a prominent Pentax employee to display a little more intelligence
and he does... he weathered Pentax -> Hoya -> Ricoh so far... that 's what defines his intelligence.
04-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
and he does... he weathered Pentax -> Hoya -> Ricoh so far... that 's what defines his intelligence.
Cockroaches are survivors too, but no one attributes it to intelligence.