Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A bridge camera is like the Fuji XS1, DSLR form factor but with a fixed lens and no mirror. Generally with a ridiculously huge zoom range. I think Pentax made one called the x90?

04-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #137
Pentaxian

Yeah, that was the last superzoom bridge from Pentax, the X90. So I guess the "bridge" cam the person was referring to couldn't be named with a "K" if it's not going to use the K-mount IL system...

and a cheaper 645D? That's good news but... if it cuts down on performance, then that would be a bad move.

and maybe that's what the Pentax rep meant: "Don't sell your system, your FF glass will still be compatible with the next generation Pentax cameras"?
04-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #138
Veteran Member

A lot of rumors coming out of Russia. Don't really know what to make of them. I am sure we will discuss these rumors for many many pages on this forum.

One rumor has 4 dslr cameras another has 4 cameras with oen being a bridge camera.

My guess is four cameras:
a K-r replacement (re will be disappointed because it comes in too many or not enough colors)
a K-5 replacement (re will be disappointed because it is not FF)
Q replacement (we will be disappointed because the sensor is too small)
D645 replacement (we will be disappointed because it is not FF)
X90 replacmeent (we will be disppointed because it is not a FF bridge camera)

This is 4 ICL cameras and a bridge camera.

Dave

Dave
04-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Pentax is very popular between engineering intellectuals in Russia. And there are a lot of Russian which drink spirits very rare.
I personally think that spirits are very hard on the body, even when diluted. But some Russian beers are fantastic, especially the Baltika unfiltered wheat beer!

04-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #140
Pentaxian

It could be that the "bridge" is the in-betweener of the K-r replacement and the K-5 replacement. There's also a point for a bridge camera since the X90 is way outdated, but then again, I don't think it sold that much or garnered much attention to even need a replacement.
04-20-2012, 07:53 PM - 1 Like   #141
Veteran Member

As for the broader issue of Pentax's full range of bodies, we all know that a lot of technology is shared between different systems. So I don't think it's outlandish to suggest that Pentax's K-mount offerings might eventually have the following structure:
  • K-mount GXR module
  • entry level APS-C mirrorless
  • entry level APS-C SLR
  • advanced APS-C mirrorless
  • advanced APS-C SLR
  • mirrorless FF
  • FF SLR

That sounds like a lot to support, but as I said, with all the technology sharing going on behind the scenes it shouldn't be too much of a burden. Moreover, I really think that a mirrorless FF could be delivered at a size and price point comparable to a high-end Canikon APS-C SLR, which would cause a bit of a stir in the market.
04-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #142
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
No price changes in Russia
no price changes in Indonesia too. still, it's higher than of US new prices.
04-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #143
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
lol I think you guys are misunderstanding why the Russian is saying "Don't sell old FF lenses." Pentax just doesn't want the used lens market getting flooded with good lenses now that they are raising prices! "Please don't sell old FF lenses! Everyone should buy new DA* lenses!"
No any change of price in Russia.

04-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #144
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I just thought that the 'dont throw lenses' comment wasn't about ff but aperture simulator ?
04-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #145
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I just thought that the 'dont throw lenses' comment wasn't about ff but aperture simulator ?
Maybe...But it's more unreal than FF.
04-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #146
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
... but aperture simulator ?
What is that?
04-21-2012, 03:50 AM   #147
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
What is that?
The part that allows mechanical reading of the aperature setting for pre-A (K and M) lenses, so we would not have to use green-button stop down metering. I'd upgrade my K-5 in a second for that!
04-21-2012, 05:03 AM   #148
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
The part that allows mechanical reading of the aperature setting for pre-A (K and M) lenses, so we would not have to use green-button stop down metering. I'd upgrade my K-5 in a second for that!
maybe the k-02 will have it - and then the crazy green button placement won't matter...
04-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #149
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
maybe the k-02 will have it - and then the crazy green button placement won't matter...
Or new GXRII + FF module for K-mount.
04-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #150
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
(...)
By bridge does he mean camera between k-r and k-5?
Or camera with electronic viewfinder (but still K-mount)?