Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #106
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Lol, I don't know Russians are rumoured to consume copious quantities of Vodka
Pentax is very popular between engineering intellectuals in Russia. And there are a lot of Russian which drink spirits very rare.

04-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #107
Pentaxian

Now, the question is, does that Pentax rep prefer green tea or wine?
(Let's be clear, I don't, I'll repeat, don't imply what he said is untrue. OK, I'm unsure about that FF... miscommunications can occur, and I'd rather not hope for too much and be pleasantly surprised).
04-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #108
Veteran Member

March 2013 is not 'hoping for too much' in my opinion... or perhaps I've hoped too much. I was expecting it by Christmas.

That's a year behind the competition... OK seven years behind the competition, but who's counting?

It does lend credence to the theory that Nikon had an exclusive contract for the 36 MP sensor, though (assuming that the Pentax has the same sensor, of course).
04-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Pentax is very popular between engineering intellectuals in Russia. And there are a lot of Russian which drink spirits very rare.
I missed My snark symbol I think

No offense was intended Ogl

04-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #110

wishing for a compact FF the K-x size ...
04-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by climit Quote
wishing for a compact FF the K-x size ...
My first paid job was for my student Union, and they didn't believe my when I told them the K-x wasn't a M43 sensor camera! If they could fit a FF sensor into that they'd be rolling in it. That's going to take a whole lotta pixie dust though, and there's no chance SR would fit.

We can dream though... Pentax really could offer something unique if they can get a small FF camera out there. CaNikon's offerings are so bulky, but then I'm not sure that the absolute space requirements are for the sensor, processor, battery etc.

Also I like the sound of the Russian Pentax club. I wish I could speak Russian.
04-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #112
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't understand why that rumor is thought to be about fullframe. Like a new fullframe camera shouldn't need new, SDM full frame zoom. That rumor is obviously about the reintroduction of the aperture coupling for K and M lensees.

04-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #113
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
I don't understand why that rumor is thought to be about fullframe. Like a new fullframe camera shouldn't need new, SDM full frame zoom. That rumor is obviously about the reintroduction of the aperture coupling for K and M lensees.
Maybe...Maybe...No word Full Frame camera.
04-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #114
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I missed My snark symbol I think

No offense was intended Ogl
No problem. I can drink a lot and to be not hard drunk... But I don't like it. I like tea, coffee, fruits.
04-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #115
Veteran Member

IIRC didn't Nikon introduce the D3 with a load of new zooms? What's stopping Pentax doing the same? They've not introduced a lens for quite some time now, barring the K-01 and Q ones.

Am I right in thinking the DA 35 2.4 was the last lens to be introduced? Surely there has been a lens since then?
04-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #116
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
Raising prices of new-generation lenses and then allowing the consumers to fully use the old ones is not going to work well together. At least from Pentax perspective. I will be happy, of course. So i feel that if it is not just a PR attempt to shift the attention from the $ issue - then it has more chance for a rumor to point in a FF direction. With another set of lenses.
To speculate even further - maybe Pentax is not worried to loose the rate of sales of DA lenses because the factory shifted for producing those full frame zooms. Again, pure speculation.
04-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #117
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Now, the question is, does that Pentax rep prefer green tea or wine?
(Let's be clear, I don't, I'll repeat, don't imply what he said is untrue. OK, I'm unsure about that FF... miscommunications can occur, and I'd rather not hope for too much and be pleasantly surprised).
No word FF camera in my first post.
04-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #118
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mareket Quote
IIRC didn't Nikon introduce the D3 with a load of new zooms? What's stopping Pentax doing the same? They've not introduced a lens for quite some time now, barring the K-01 and Q ones.

Am I right in thinking the DA 35 2.4 was the last lens to be introduced? Surely there has been a lens since then?

Now that would be an interesting new thread topic for anyone that has the time to invest n it; or is also able to find out the data... A type of lens release chart showing all of the PK lens'.
04-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #119
Veteran Member

Well they said 4 new DSLRs... so I think yeah, it will be in K-mount and not short-flange mirrorless, so old FF lenses will still work. Good wording there, I see. Quite confusing but fun to guess!

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Not sure, but wasn't it the DA 18-135 f3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] WR?
04-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #120
Banned

Photos: Albums
Pentax SMC DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR Lens 21977 B&H

An above average lens; but perhaps beyond the aperature range. But this is also as it exists now an above average sized lens; so imagine how much that size and weight would have increased given a better aperature.

This would be a good lens for most of the Pentax SLR's, but as a K-01 owner I would not suggest it for that particular mirrorless body - the aperature range might pose issues with "ability to focus and get a lock on the first time with auto focus"; although this is also easily adapted to.

And yes as the link suggest it is indeed weather resistant

Last edited by Medium FormatPro; 04-20-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: add content answer...