Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the new camera has a PC socket then the manual needs to have a very large caution message to remind people that attaching an older flash to it might fry the circuit boards in the camera. When I first got my K10 I was disappointed that it didn't have a PC socket. However, I soon found that the many sub-$100 radio triggers were far better options anyway. PC sync cords are practically disposable and I got tired of buying them over the years. My first radio unit has paid for itself in the last year.

01-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it's going to go up against the D300, it HAS to have one.
01-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
If it's going to go up against the D300, it HAS to have one.
maybe part of the NDA is that it has built in radio triggers.. that'd be nice.[/pipe dream]
01-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JMS Quote
They took it out because, supposedly, they couldn't get the weathersealing just right on it.
Now THAT is the most sensible and probably accurate reason I've heard for removing the PC socket. I can get by with an adapter on the hotshoe if an in-body socket compromises the seals... A (Programmable to work with different receivers) radio trigger would be even better...

btw, there seems to be some misconceptions about what the PC socket is for. It is for attaching a corded flash unit, not for attaching a PC... there is already one on the K10D for that.

01-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by OniFactor Quote
maybe part of the NDA is that it has built in radio triggers.. that'd be nice.[/pipe dream]
That would be NDA worthy, really. A nice step up.
01-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Why do you assume that there won't be an X-Synchro? Just curious....
k10 doesnt have one so im scared

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Quote
I don't understand the big deal about a sync outlet. Could someone fill me in?

A Pocket Wizard or any sort of wireless trigger would work fine. Who wants more cords?

Cajun, that idea about a battery powered hard drive does sound interesting though. I guess it would be a USB connection then.
I want one 540 on camera and two off camera 540s on lightweight stands to do some running around at weddings. i need a sycnh port for the radio. a small cord is necessary unless they come with built in.....
if k20 has it i stay.
8)