Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New Q/K lenses to be unveiled next week?

I saw someone else post this link:

Google Translate

Makes me wonder if next week we'll see the official announcement of the next two Q lenses (04 & o5) as well as something new for the K-mount...like that funky-looking lens for the K-01!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Not turning blue or anything but hoping for news of that ~18-200 DA (WR? XS?)!
04-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

lol that is crazy thin! Too bad it doesnt say what focal length. Can't wait!
04-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Lending body K-01
Lens loan DA ★ lens, DA Limited lens,

Very exiting! The road map doesn't give anything away either...

04-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Not much good if it only works on the K-01. Look how much it protrudes in the back, that looks like a mirror collision waiting to happen. They could as well have made a new mount for the K-01, if they were going to start fragmenting which "K mount" lenses work on which cameras.
04-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
Not much good if it only works on the K-01. Look how much it protrudes in the back, that looks like a mirror collision waiting to happen. They could as well have made a new mount for the K-01, if they were going to start fragmenting which "K mount" lenses work on which cameras.
Ya - enforce a overzealous [by their thinking] pricing strategy upon us then release a new lens that can't even be used on their flagship dslr; please say it isn't sooooo.....
04-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

That's if I'm even right about it. Maybe there is sufficient clearance, but it looks scary to me.

04-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Well it is good for the k-01 and k-01 owners- and besides, we don't know that that one will be released. I guess that that one would be the limited if it were.

Yeah I wondered why they didn't make the cut out parts of the mount slightly bigger or something so that the k-01 could have normal k mount things mounted but then also some stuff only it can mount.

Wonder what the da* looks like-I imagine it will be a mount intruding lens as well if it only works on the k-01.
04-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
Inactive Account

That's if I'm even right about it. Maybe there is sufficient clearance, but it looks scary to me.
Nah looks like it protrudes way too far in to me, doubt it would even mount correctly without touching the mirror, let alone take a picture
04-21-2012, 05:30 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by parsons Quote
Yeah I wondered why they didn't make the cut out parts of the mount slightly bigger or something so that the k-01 could have normal k mount things mounted but then also some stuff only it can mount.
I wonder why people insist on these piddly little lenses. Quite a few seem to actually get excited about them. I don't get it, at all. I can walk around with my K-r and a fairly long zoom, and I still don't get terribly noticed, so that theory doesn't fly with me. Weight? Seriously? People now complain about their phones weighing 10 grams too much, when not that long ago they were measured in pounds. I just don't care about these things, it seems a weird thing to obsess about, to me. /minirant
04-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
Inactive Account

I wonder why people insist on these piddly little lenses. Quite a few seem to actually get excited about them. I don't get it, at all. I can walk around with my K-r and a fairly long zoom, and I still don't get terribly noticed, so that theory doesn't fly with me. Weight? Seriously? People now complain about their phones weighing 10 grams too much, when not that long ago they were measured in pounds. I just don't care about these things, it seems a weird thing to obsess about, to me. /minirant
I think this thing with the k-01 is that it should be competing against the nexs and the m3/4 cameras but with any of the kmount zooms or even some of the limiteds it is bigger than everything else. Might as well be a dslr to any consumer. By offering a wider ranger of tiny lenses then they will have the best of both worlds -without an adapter.
04-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Because people like different things. I personally don't mind big lenses, but after seeing the 40mm XS and the pictures it produce, I actually really want one.

And i single hand wield a k-x and a Tamron 70-200.
04-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Curvature looks a little shallower than the 15mm with less retro-focus required, so I'm going to guess 15.

On top of that walking around with the 15 and the 40 is a pretty potent combo.
04-21-2012, 06:01 PM - 2 Likes   #14
Veteran Member

Small-volume was/is definitely a big plus for me and a big reason why I got into Pentax.

A 60D or 5DMkII + 24mm was about 2x the volume of a K5+15.

A lot of my pictures (before I had knee problems) were when I cycling across the countryside. Volume is a huge consideration and challenge while riding.

On top of that, Mrs. ElJamoquio, who also takes many a picture (actually more than me) is a very small woman, and larger cameras are too much for her.
04-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wouldnt the Q lenses be 06 & 07 since 04 & 05 already exist?

Will be interested to see what FL that new XS lens is too