Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by Falcons Quote
Does anyone shoot in low ISO's like me? I only use high ISO when I need to and I tell you what Neat image brings any high ISO image a treat.
Yes! It's as if people are afraid to post process. Why does anyone expect to not post process? From my perspective, it doesn't matter what comes out of your camera. It's about what you put into your final output. If you use high ISO, you know what you're getting intoI Negotiate the tradeoff.

QuoteQuote:
From all the posts I see here I'm starting to think that everyone only shoots severely underexposed high ISO shots blows them up to 100% crops then spends hours upon hours studying them looking for flaws. Seriously is this what photography has become?
Yes. Searching for flaws. Really, it's like Where's Waldo? Can't find him? Maybe he's behind the banding. Or maybe he's hiding behind that CA by that branch at 110%. Or maybe he's in that noise at ISO 3200. Keep looking! You might find him. Here's a hint: he'll be real easy to spot in a self portrait...

01-15-2008, 08:33 AM   #62
Not Registered

Not so long ago, when I joined this site, this seemed to be a friendly forum where newbies could post their concerns and some more other people tried to help them out. Now if a newbie gives an opinion on some hot topic, the pixel-engineering-photo-"experts" start their rants and frequently the threads end up like a Ricehigh post (see the thread about using cameras in cold temperatures, as an example) This seems to be agravated when a new product is coming. When that happens, we have the pros, the pro-like and the wannabes that start to post like if they were Moises on the hill, some of them work for pentax, some other are just experts with strong opinions, some other would want to work for the people who works for Pentax, and we have also the ones that work in a store that have better deals with Pentax by giving preference to their products. What it amazes me is that adult people buy-chew and swallow all the information/noise they introduce and the egomaniac attitude that SOME of them have. Somebody suggested to take some time before coming back to the forum just to see if the people starts to chill out. I am following that advice cos lately I am starting to look like a trolling-rant-master. Have a good time, I just hope that the people learn that this can be a better forum if we dont start to disqualify other people opinions (even if they are wrong) just for the heck of it.

Otherwise, I love you all when you are polite.
01-15-2008, 08:39 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Yeah, this thread is a little too heated now, I'm gonna lock it and wait for Mo to take a longer look.
01-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #64
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
What does that mean? What is an image fingerprints? Do you mean you can identify the camera model from the image alone without the exif? Haven't heard of it before.
The image software used for this comes from MIT. In a nutshell it detects a signature pixel array while searching and acquiring algorithm traces within the image. These pixel array patterns are unique to each specific Image sensor and the individual camera model and serial number.

In conclusion the EXIF data of a digital image can be removed but the signature pixel array can not. This specific data is retained within the pixel array of the image no matter how it may have been manipulated.

In other words a digital "fingerprint" that is unique to the specific digital image.

This detection software is not available to the general public. It is used for forensic analysis.

Hope I answered your question,

Kind of unsettling but very useful.

Wendy

Last edited by WendyB; 01-15-2008 at 07:32 PM.
01-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #65
raz

I think if the image is resized, depending on the algorithm, the pixel pattern you are talking about can be damaged, since lets say 4 adjacent pixels will be "collapsed" into a single one.
01-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
???

In order to "match" anything to anything, you have to have TWO samples.

Are you saying that every camera sold has a sample photo stored somewhere along with the corresponding serial numbers and current owner info?

No- you can't possibly believe that. What exactly ARE you saying, then?
01-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
What does that mean? What is an image fingerprints? Do you mean you can identify the camera model from the image alone without the exif? Haven't heard of it before.
Steganography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
01-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #68
Veteran Member

What strikes me most about these images is the amount of tonal range in all the white flowing clothing. Then on top of that the tonal range on the black four wheeler bikes. Add this with some of the figures against the sky as a background retaining the tonal range on the clothing. Yikes.

All I can say is please Ricetroll and Smuttly sing your praises of VPN HPN BVD LOP QUD make up what ever you guys have to be it stereo HDTV in cinematic 1.85:1 aspect ratio CCD's so there might be a K20D left on the shelf for me to buy.

Closed Thread