Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
Why? A macro with tilt shift capability is quite useful on APS-C cameras.
Indeed. Or whatever studio work btw.

05-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #17
Forum Member

Seriously, people get caught up on very wide angle use with tilt & shift lenses, but they are more typically used for product shots in the studio. Why do you suppose Nikon & Canon make 85/90 (or is it 90/85? too lazy to look it up) versions?

But the very wide ones are also great to have. I'd love to see a 15 or 16mm shift for architectural use on a cropped body. Pentax would have a real winner there, as only Canon offers a truly wide angle option in that department.

That's why I don't expect they'll do it.
05-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I'll maybe find out soon. I now have a Loreo Perspective Control (shift, no tilt) 35/11-22. I'll soon receive an original Lens-in-a-Cap 35/5.6-64 and matching Lubot 10x loupe for ultra-macro work. The Lubot snaps into either lens, so I'll see if 10x PC (shift) optics are of any use. I wonder what subjects would benefit? Wee tiny structures maybe?
05-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The FF is coming, question is when
We know what the question is, Adam. We want the damn' answer!

05-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
We know what the question is, Adam. We want the damn' answer!
Are we there yet? No? What about now?

Now?

How about now?

3 2 1 now?

Ok what about now?
05-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I'll maybe find out soon. I now have a Loreo Perspective Control (shift, no tilt) 35/11-22. I'll soon receive an original Lens-in-a-Cap 35/5.6-64 and matching Lubot 10x loupe for ultra-macro work. The Lubot snaps into either lens, so I'll see if 10x PC (shift) optics are of any use. I wonder what subjects would benefit? Wee tiny structures maybe?
For macro work, shift is useful WITH tilt. First you tilt the lens to gain dof, but doing so the frame fall in the outer part of the image circe, so you shift back to let the center part of the image circe to fall over the frame.
05-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #22
Veteran Member

For macro work, shift is useful WITH tilt. First you tilt the lens to gain dof, but doing so the frame fall in the outer part of the image circe, so you shift back to let the center part of the image circe to fall over the frame.
I know this. I wasn't being entirely serious. I don't expect much from the Loreo setup.
05-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #23
Site Supporter

Yes, but the Schneider 28 is a retrocofus wide angle design. Complete nonsense for studio/shift work on small sensors.
If you really want a studio lens, get the bellow solution from Novoflex or a longer focal length from Schneider. If you are really serious about this topic, get a different camera system. There is life out there beyond SLR and 35 mm land.

This discussion is getting rather pointless. Many people read about T/S lenses for the first time in their lifes and now they want one in K mount. Later they complain about price and size.

05-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #24
Site Supporter

Interesting...i always thought of a T/S just in terms of landscape and architecture, but of course it would be great for macro as well, just didn't occur to me ...

Of course you can get a really sweet used large format set-up for the price of one of these lenses
05-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Of course you can get a really sweet used large format set-up for the price of one of these lenses
And then each shot costs ten bucks or so.
05-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #26

Still dreaming of an ultra-wide T/S lens in K mount...
05-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #27
Veteran Member

It's easy to accomplish if you don't mind changing your camera body. I have a K-mount to MFT mount tilt adapter, which was an order of magnitude cheaper than the previous K-mount solutions. I can now mount any K lens I want on my MFT cameras. Considering how cheap those are, this is the most cost-effective solution. And you get to use all the lenses you already own. Some of the other products require you buy medium format lenses so the image circle is big enough.
05-25-2012, 01:36 AM   #28

Thanks, didn't know about these adapters. But not for me anyway, as I'm interested in shift only, for architectural shots.

I have found that Fotodiox makes shift adapters, but only for Canon or Nikon lenses..
Fotodiox Professional Photography Supplies and Equipment

So if I have to buy a MFT + adapter + ultra-wide Canon / Nikon lens, I'm not sure the result will be worth the investment.
05-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #29
Veteran Member

For macro or sitll life works, I think an A 120macro for 645 and a tilt shift adapter from Zoerk could be the best solution. For landscape, sadly I think there is no viable solution for pentax APS-C cameras.
05-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #30
Site Supporter

Cheap and T/S sounds ugly - at least when thinking about the possible results.
Not cheap, but still not expensive and definitely worth trying: http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/macro-accessories/bellows-systems/tilt-shift-bellows/

Try a studio camera with all the possible movements to understand what you really want.