Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #31
Senior Member
Slick's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 155
I feel like I'm reading a quatrain by Nostradamus...

Thanks for what's between the lines Wendy.

01-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #32
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,414
QuoteOriginally posted by loudbay Quote
Nor can it do fluff and fold. - Not FF
Tween usually refers to kids from 8-14. Progressing WELL beyond the Tweens, I'm going to have to say refers to the 645D, I would like a pro level body as well, but not beyond 14mp on this size sensor.
Actually "tween" is 11 and 12 year olds, being double digit but not teen. There has already been rumor of 14 bit raw, which could be what she meant by her daughter being 14 and moving beyond the "tweens" (since previous and current raw files are 12 bit - tween-bit).
01-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #33
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 114
Nope

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
Actually "tween" is 11 and 12 year olds, being double digit but not teen. There has already been rumor of 14 bit raw, which could be what she meant by her daughter being 14 and moving beyond the "tweens" (since previous and current raw files are 12 bit - tween-bit).

Actually, you're wrong...

tween:

a girl ages about 9-14...too old for toys, but too young for boys.

A word that is used by marketers to describe youths between the ages of 10-13. Although some believe that tweens are actually between the ages of 10-15

An age set overlapping preteens, 'tween 8 and 14

I believe this camera will be 14 bit raw... I didn't even expect that to be part of the discussion. You're creative though.

Matt
01-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #34
Senior Member
Flaco's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Outside Chicago
Posts: 218
QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
T


Read between the lines,
Um, all I seen was blank space between the lines.

01-16-2008, 10:28 AM   #35
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,414
QuoteOriginally posted by loudbay Quote
Actually, you're wrong...

tween:

a girl ages about 9-14...too old for toys, but too young for boys.

A word that is used by marketers to describe youths between the ages of 10-13. Although some believe that tweens are actually between the ages of 10-15

An age set overlapping preteens, 'tween 8 and 14

Matt
So really a tween is anyone older than toddler but younger than adult? Think I'm exaggerating? Try telling a 16 year old that he/she is not an adult.

I also love it when people say "you're wrong", like there is no gray area, no room for interpretation, only black and white and you missed it by a mile.
01-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #36
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 267
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Mmmmmh... I just had an idea for a new book...

It will be called: "The WendyB code" and will surely sell by millions
You beat me on this.

Right now, this forum is the Temple of Light.
We will all, in due time (24.) be Illuminated by the Holy Grail.
The priests of the Temple are Benjamin and WendyB.
(I have to think more about a part for Chris.)
Outside the Temple lurks Rice High, the lost "Knight of the Broken Lens" who now belongs to "The Dark Side".

I petty myself for being part of this.
But, IT IS FUN

Tim

EDIT: Found the part for Chris: He is the guy with the keys. Locking down all threads

Last edited by Fototim; 01-16-2008 at 10:48 AM.
01-16-2008, 10:45 AM   #37
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 114
QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
So really a tween is anyone older than toddler but younger than adult? Think I'm exaggerating? Try telling a 16 year old that he/she is not an adult.

I also love it when people say "you're wrong", like there is no gray area, no room for interpretation, only black and white and you missed it by a mile.
I posted the definitions there for you. You were just wrong. Google it. There is a widely accepted definition of the word tween. No need to be defensive. If there was no accepted definition for this, and room for interpretation, then you would have an argument. But there is, and there is not, so you don't.

I still believe she is talking about going beyond 14mp, well beyond. The 645D was put on hold, no doubt for the developement of some Pro-sumer bodies to support the MFD.

Benjikan in another thread talked about Pentax putting the fashion world on their heads. Is that going to be with a 14mp APS-C sensor. No. Would a more affordable medium format system? Yes.

Matt
01-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #38
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 57
how old is mom?


Will not do your laundry.
It will not fold your clothes.

No picture modes, not a toy but a tool.


When it comes to whites they are very pure clean and true, especially when my daughter is on the balance beam.

Could there be a beam helping to determine corr. WB?


Now that my daughter is 14 we progress well beyond the twean's.

If the daughter is 14MP, how old might mom be? Hopefully at least something like 16 or 17MP more. Would make her approx. 31MP. 645D is kind of a strange name for mom, but naming your daughter K20D isn't much better.

This is fun
Torge

01-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #39
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,414
QuoteOriginally posted by loudbay Quote
I posted the definitions there for you. You were just wrong. Google it. There is a widely accepted definition of the word tween. No need to be defensive. If there was no accepted definition for this, and room for interpretation, then you would have an argument. But there is, and there is not, so you don't.

Matt
But your definition offered not one, but 4 different definitions, which means it is open to interpretation.

I wasn't looking for an argument. I was playing a game called "read between the lines" where nothing is exactly what it seems, leaving everything open to interpretation.

Thanks for pointing out my wrongness once again. This is such a friendly place to hang out. All this adult conversation has me exhausted, I'm gonna go play legos with my kid.
01-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #40
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 193
I'll take a crack at this.

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
The next generation in the Pentax DSLR line up...

What it can do is, move forward well beyond the competition with no vertical wrinkles and no banding in your fluff and folded high end expensive blue jeans.
At first I thought it reference a third axis SR system ie moving forward. But now I definitely think its regarding the sensor. The sensor is well beyond the competition with no vertical marks nor banding.

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
Please respect that I have to be "very delicate" in doing this laundry here.
She must be careful what she writes here...

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
When it comes to whites they are very pure clean and true, especially when my daughter is on the balance beam.
White balance is very pure clean & true.

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
Having done my laundry over the past few months with several prime specimens of the CN railroad and do not forget the O's in my hands to compare what went through the wash with the P in the mix.
She's had Canon's, Nikon's & Oly's to compare the new Pentax body to...

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
When the laundry came out of the dryer, The P and O had a strong battle for the top of the laundry pile. The C and N still had a bit of embedded dirt in the weave.
Oly & Pentax were the cleanest of the bunch. Wonder if that means the cleanest images for perhaps the best sensor cleaning. I gotta think its sensor cleaning since Canon is much better at noiseless images than Oly.

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
When my daughter preformed on the balance beam, she had to run really quick to take a very satisfied P.
Unsure its meaning.

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
So mom put the very clean P on top of the laundry pile.
So she rates Pentax the cleanest above Oly which was already above Canon & Nikon.

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
Now that my daughter is 14 we progress well beyond the twean's.
Moving up to 14. MP's? bits?

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
Something wonderful yet practical reaches our hands. We move beyond the cradle and move towards her success in life.
A wonderful yet practical body. We move beyond entry level bodies and towards new level of body.

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
Do not expect it to do your laundry, expect it to do what is supposed to do, photograph with the most "excellence" of available technology and beyond.
Don't expect it to be innovative or earth shattering. But it will do what it supposed to do very very well.
01-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #41
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 114
QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
But your definition offered not one, but 4 different definitions, which means it is open to interpretation.

I wasn't looking for an argument. I was playing a game called "read between the lines" where nothing is exactly what it seems, leaving everything open to interpretation.

Thanks for pointing out my wrongness once again. This is such a friendly place to hang out. All this adult conversation has me exhausted, I'm gonna go play legos with my kid.
I wasn't trying to ruin your morning or anything. Your original post sure sounded like you said I was wrong... Matt
01-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #42
Veteran Member
JCSullivan's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada
Posts: 3,058
But WHY do you do this. Why speculate.
What do you get out of all this? I don't understand.
01-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #43
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 119
"We move beyond the cradle and towards success in life"

To me that means that Wendy expects this new camera to help the Pentax brand be more successful, as in sell a lot more and make significant gains in market share. Probably because we're again going to get a lot of high end features with not a lot of price.

That's my interpretation!

SLC
01-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #44
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
But WHY do you do this. Why speculate.
What do you get out of all this? I don't understand.
1/ Because it's fun;
2/ Becquse it passes time.

Furthermore, it's pretty harmless, judt wait until they release the specs for the "usual suspects" to come tell us how much Pentax missed the mark...
01-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #45
m8o
Veteran Member
m8o's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 40-55'-44" N / 73-24'-07" W [on LI]
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,102
QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
Do not expect it to do your laundry...
[happily] still devoid of P&S-like features ...

"now where's the button that takes a good picture?" (lol, thanx for that sig line Steve)
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
balance, beam, daughter, fluff, hands, laundry, move, pentax news, pentax rumors, pile
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Machinery Heart of America jkwhawk Post Your Photos! 1 09-02-2010 09:00 PM
Nature Heart of the Rose slowpez Post Your Photos! 4 05-11-2010 09:54 AM
Nature Bleeding Heart teatma Photo Critique 10 04-24-2010 06:06 AM
Heart breaker spyglass General Talk 14 07-16-2008 03:32 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:05 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top