Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2008, 05:21 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by cajuncutter Quote
She also dropped a hint about not jumping on purchasing a lens..I believe the thread about the Tamron 70-200 f/2.8
She said there would be a couple (not a hundred) of surprises, I guess 2 new lenses. 2 new long prime lenses maybe, I guess, since they are not "a hundred" but maybe 200 or 300mm.

But I want to "enjoy the richness of f/2.8.", according to the Tamron ad.

01-16-2008, 05:46 AM   #17

video or no video?

Very interesting post from Wendy, and it makes my expectations even higher regarding what is coming.

My main doubt at the moment is whether we can conclude that the new K20D (or K20HD, whatever the final name is) records 720 p (H264) video or not, given that feature is mentioned to be done in all upcoming Samsung cameras, including a new dSLR presumably very related to the K20D (aka Samsung GX20).
01-16-2008, 06:34 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
January 24th.
01-16-2008, 06:42 AM   #19
JMS

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
When it comes to whites they are very pure clean and true...
Sounds like very accurate AWB?

01-16-2008, 07:10 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
My main doubt at the moment is whether we can conclude that the new K20D (or K20HD, whatever the final name is) records 720 p (H264) video or not, given that feature is mentioned to be done in all upcoming Samsung cameras, including a new dSLR presumably very related to the K20D (aka Samsung GX20).

I hope HD is the option to record Full HD (1080p) images with a high framerate - but using a codec like mjpeg so each frame is a complete still image. Getting 25 captures pr. second with enough quality for a good 4x6 print sounds nice. It also implies the presence of an electronic shutter so we can use HSS on our strobes.

There have been speculations of a new image-format/RAW type - Could be HD Photo from M$.

As for the K20-*D/GX-20:
The next generation in the Pentax DSLR line up,
Now that my daughter is 14 we progress well beyond the twean's.
The daughter could be the Samsung GX-20.
K10D/GX-10 were allmost identical twins - unless someone has a better translation of twean's.

Last edited by freeload; 01-16-2008 at 07:22 AM.
01-16-2008, 07:21 AM   #21

1. Nor can it do Fluff and Fold.

2. What it can do is, move forward well beyond the competition with no vertical wrinkles and no banding in your fluff and folded high end expensive blue jeans.

3. When it comes to whites they are very pure clean and true, especially when my daughter is on the balance beam.

4. When my daughter preformed on the balance beam, she had to run really quick to take a very satisfied P.

5. Now that my daughter is 14 we progress well beyond the twean's.

Read between the lines,
1. Not FF
2. Referense to the output og FF competitors. "Move forward" probably refers to fps.
Ok. Hight fps and no banding
3. Improved WB, Could be any improvement. Dedicated button, better auto-WB or something else.
4. Focus assist beam
5. 14 Mp will make the camera competative

To sum it up. A high resolution camera with high quality output. Plus. Some minor improvements.
In other words. Pentax are trying to win the Mp race.

I feel rather silly, contributing to this guessing game.
I got to get a life.

Tim
01-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #22

Photos: Albums
Just popped in to say congratulations on the most entertaining (and I say that without a trace of irony) rumor thread so far. A novel approach, my hat is off to you.

01-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
1. Not FF
2. Referense to the output og FF competitors. "Move forward" probably refers to fps.
Ok. Hight fps and no banding
3. Improved WB, Could be any improvement. Dedicated button, better auto-WB or something else.
4. Focus assist beam
5. 14 Mp will make the camera competative

To sum it up. A high resolution camera with high quality output. Plus. Some minor improvements.
In other words. Pentax are trying to win the Mp race.

I feel rather silly, contributing to this guessing game.
I got to get a life.

Tim
Given the number of "translations" and their diverging patterns, one thing is for sure: WendyB didn't blow her NDA

All will of course become crystal clear in due time and this thread will surely regain some popularity by the 24th!

Thanks Wendy for the help and good fun!
01-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Quote

Reference to another camera. Daughter is one camera, mother is another camera.

It means 2 cameras. One 14 megapixel (daughter) and the mother well beyond 14MP.
That's what it sounds like to me, too. It would also explain the total clamp on information, while Samsung wasn't held to the same kind of NDA when they announced their cameras. If the big Pentax were the same as the big Samsung, then the cat's already out of the bag, right?
01-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #25

Best thread of the Rumors forum. Thank you Wendy.
01-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by loudbay Quote
Best thread of the Rumors forum. Thank you Wendy.
I agree. I initially started to post some smartazz comment about "not airing her dirty laundry in public", but this thread is just too entertaining.
01-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #27
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Quote
But I want to "enjoy the richness of f/2.8.", according to the Tamron ad.
if what was 'alluded-to' already (if we read between the lines correctly) is a Pentax branded version of this lens is to come, I imply it also means in-lens MTF data in it so we can use the Program MTF mode! Yippie I do hope with the highest enthusiasm it is to come. My guess is it won't have a DA* designation rather DA (meaning that Pentax won't be playing with the lens frame and weather sealing it) but that's OK.

Oh geez, I just contributed in yet another a rumors thread... now it'll constantly remain @ the top of my responded thread list. :ugh: Won't I ever learn?

Thanx Wendy, even though I was too thick to decipher your clever encoding and am lucky there are more creative folk then myself who have ideas, this is much better then "it'll knock your socks off but that's all I can say".
01-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
I agree. I initially started to post some smartazz comment about "not airing her dirty laundry in public", but this thread is just too entertaining.
Mmmmmh... I just had an idea for a new book...

It will be called: "The WendyB code" and will surely sell by millions
01-16-2008, 09:24 AM   #29
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Mmmmmh... I just had an idea for a new book...

It will be called: "The WendyB code" and will surely sell by millions
Will it come with the "ovaltine secret magic decoder ring"....?
01-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #30

Nor can it do fluff and fold. - Not FF

What it can do is, move forward well beyond the competition with no vertical wrinkles and no banding in your fluff and folded high end expensive blue jeans. Competetive to FF sensors

When it comes to whites they are very pure clean and true, especially when my daughter is on the balance beam. White Balance accuracy

Having done my laundry over the past few months with several prime specimens of the CN railroad and do not forget the O's in my hands to compare what went through the wash with the P in the mix. Compared K20D to several Canon, Nikon, and Olympus

The P and O had a strong battle for the top of the laundry pile. The C and N still had a bit of embedded dirt in the weave. I'm not so sure she is talking about sensor cleaning. Maybe noise levels?

When my daughter preformed on the balance beam, she had to run really quick to take a very satisfied P. Beam assist focussing, and the fact that she is deciding the O vs P I'm going to assume that AF will be fast; Olympus does brag about being the fastest.

So mom put the very clean P on top of the laundry pile. Cleaner than Olympus, maybe not as fast, but still fast.

Now that my daughter is 14 we progress well beyond the twean's. Tween usually refers to kids from 8-14. Progressing WELL beyond the Tweens, I'm going to have to say refers to the 645D, I would like a pro level body as well, but not beyond 14mp on this size sensor.

Something wonderful yet practical reaches our hands. We move beyond the cradle and move towards her success in life. I believe she is referring to this camera's PRO level of function; beyond the K10D.

Do not expect it to do your laundry, expect it to do what is supposed to do, photograph with the most "excellence" of available technology and beyond. I think she is referring to resolution levels beyond what we have seen up to this point. They use Excellent for resolution tests, so 'the most excellence of available technology and beyond', hopefully means resolution clear off the charts!

Just what I read between the lines.
Cheers, Matt
Read between the lines,