Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2008, 02:40 PM   #61
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
The next generation in the Pentax DSLR line up,

Will not do your laundry.

It will not fold your clothes.

Nor can it do fluff and fold.

What it can do is, move forward well beyond the competition with no vertical wrinkles and no banding in your fluff and folded high end expensive blue jeans.

Please respect that I have to be "very delicate" in doing this laundry here.

When it comes to whites they are very pure clean and true, especially when my daughter is on the balance beam.

Having done my laundry over the past few months with several prime specimens of the CN railroad and do not forget the O's in my hands to compare what went through the wash with the P in the mix.

When the laundry came out of the dryer,

The P and O had a strong battle for the top of the laundry pile. The C and N still had a bit of embedded dirt in the weave.

When my daughter preformed on the balance beam, she had to run really quick to take a very satisfied P.

So mom put the very clean P on top of the laundry pile.

Now that my daughter is 14 we progress well beyond the twean's.

Something wonderful yet practical reaches our hands. We move beyond the cradle and move towards her success in life.

Do not expect it to do your laundry, expect it to do what is supposed to do, photograph with the most "excellence" of available technology and beyond.

Read between the lines,
Either you have been in Dubai or you have handled them for a long time. What is implicit here is that the result will be beyond any expectations. Ben was right. Wait until the 24th. Any guess will be short.
Rui

01-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I just thought of something.
We have no way of knowing what camera Wendy is testing....
I really hope that she's testing the 645, and we get to see some of it's images soon
Actually, she has already given us clues in previous posting. She was testing the K** *D (in her own words). It cannot be 645D because she was using a Tamron lens on it (at least on the day of her "story").

QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko:
Either you have been in Dubai or you have handled them for a long time.
No, she wasn't in Dubai, she is one of the beta camera tester under NDA.
01-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by loudbay Quote
I posted the definitions there for you. You were just wrong. Google it. There is a widely accepted definition of the word tween. No need to be defensive. If there was no accepted definition for this, and room for interpretation, then you would have an argument. But there is, and there is not, so you don't.

I still believe she is talking about going beyond 14mp, well beyond. The 645D was put on hold, no doubt for the developement of some Pro-sumer bodies to support the MFD.

Benjikan in another thread talked about Pentax putting the fashion world on their heads. Is that going to be with a 14mp APS-C sensor. No. Would a more affordable medium format system? Yes.

Matt
This kind of attitute in discussions makes me sick.

IF you had a very very very good reason to believe you were absolutely right and he was completely wrong, that MIGHT be acceptable. But you didn't, and you weren't right either. I think you're confusing the words teen and tween. "Tween" is the age between being a "kid" and a "teen", usually defined as 8 to 12 years old. Not 14, no way 15. These are the definitions used for market research.

It could mean that the 14mp sensor will be much better than the 12mp ones, maybe that the camera will be much better than the "young" K100/K10, or maybe than the GX20. Who knows? Stop feeding these crazy narcisists!!
01-16-2008, 03:26 PM   #64
Mef
Inactive Account

It's time to rename this forum "Pentax news, rumors and riddles"

Entertaining thread which helps to wait with a smile.

Come on guys, don't over-react to the hopes and thoughts of others : all those speculations are a game above anything else. Let it stay fun.

01-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #65
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slocant Quote
I would interpret "Do not expect it to do your laundry, expect it to do what is supposed to do, photograph [...]" to mean that it doesn't do video. It photographs.

Cheers,
I took it to mean that it won't do your laundry?
01-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Its so simple! Its been right in front of us the whole time!! "..read between the lines.." Shes typed the real answers in Lemon Juice in the blank spaces between the riddles!! Quick, someone needs to hold a lighter up to their lcd and report back what appears on the screen, my lighters run out....but not before this came thru...

"So Lame The Hair Of Tom (Hanks)"

Seriously though lol entertaining thread and hats off to Wendy for skating on thin ice for our enjoyment.

Last edited by Kaimarx; 01-16-2008 at 05:05 PM.
01-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew Faires Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB:
The P and O had a strong battle for the top of the laundry pile. The C and N still had a bit of embedded dirt in the weave.
Better dust reduction. Perhaps reference to the lint-trap would have helped?
I hope Wendy was referring to High ISO noise, rather than dust reduction, judging by how she used the term laundry throughout the riddle.

01-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #68
and
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
I hope Wendy was referring to High ISO noise, rather than dust reduction, judging by how she used the term laundry throughout the riddle.
I kind of doubt it because of the oly reference, oly has the best dust reduction system but the worst iso noise because of the small sensors.
01-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #69

Maybe she just meant that everything looked washed out?

Regardless, unless the new...er..."cost of doing laundry" is really, really cheap, I'll be stuck with my existing...um..."digital washboard" or maybe a newer used one rather than a snazzy new "washer"...which according to the OP doesn't do laundry anyway...

*walks away dazed and confuzed....
01-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #70
Veteran Member

I registered 'specially to say "Best Rumor Thread Evar."
01-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #71
Veteran Member

hold the phone

Take a look at the crazy-talk "WendyB" is spouting here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/18192-if-i-were-nikon-canon-user-7.html

As the X Files saying goes, "I want to believe", but this makes me highly doubt she has any inside information at all. She's just heard some reasonably credible rumors (as we all do), and is repeating them in Top Sekrit! fashion as basically a big troll.

Someone else mentioned Nostradamus, which is actually a good call -- if your "predictions" are vague and open to enough interpretation, you can later say "see, I told you!" and recast whatever you said in a light which makes it look like you really knew all along.

But she doesn't. This is basically the same as Ben K.'s "Pintax" thread, or the photoshop job with the analog battery meter. Cute but pointless.

Oh well.
01-17-2008, 12:34 AM   #72

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Take a look at the crazy-talk "WendyB" is spouting here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/18192-if-i-were-nikon-canon-user-7.html

As the X Files saying goes, "I want to believe", but this makes me highly doubt she has any inside information at all. She's just heard some reasonably credible rumors (as we all do), and is repeating them in Top Sekrit! fashion as basically a big troll.

Someone else mentioned Nostradamus, which is actually a good call -- if your "predictions" are vague and open to enough interpretation, you can later say "see, I told you!" and recast whatever you said in a light which makes it look like you really knew all along.

But she doesn't. This is basically the same as Ben K.'s "Pintax" thread, or the photoshop job with the analog battery meter. Cute but pointless.

Oh well.
Just because she may be misinformed on one subject, doesn't mean that she isn't well informed on another. You have no way of disproving what she is saying. Ben is sort of a kook, but I still believe he has an inside with Pentax. Wendy has said nothing to make me or anyone for that matter think she is not a beta tester. Can I say that she is or is not telling the truth? No. But I am not one to call a person a liar without knowing for sure that I have reason to.
01-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #73
Veteran Member

Take a look at the crazy-talk "WendyB" is spouting here:...but this makes me highly doubt she has any inside information at all.
What she wrote in that thread has no relationship to this one at all. Being a Pentax beta tester does not mean that whatever he/she wrote is correct. She stated one of her belief there (which is NOT Pentax or K20D related), I am skeptical as well, but that has nothing to do with K20D prototype or what she wrote here. Obviously she read something in the internet or have been told about those seemingly out-of-the-world stuff. And you know that there are plenty out there.

I know nothing about image signature, but I do know that all the EXIF in all your images includes a unique serial number of your specific camera. Plus there are a lot of binary data in the EXIF not yet decipherable. So tracing back the camera from exif data is certainly possible. Without the EXIF? I have no idea. On a related note, apparently, most higher quality color printers and copiers have steganographically embedded their identification code in the printed pages. Ref. 1 Ref. 2.

Anyways, just ONE MORE WEEK to go, we will find out. Wendy has given a lot of clues about the camera and upcoming new lenses.

To be honest, this is the best K20D rumors thread by far, true or not. It's been fun. To keep challenging the validity at this stage is missing the point (and the fun).

Last edited by nosnoop; 01-17-2008 at 12:55 AM.
01-17-2008, 01:04 AM   #74

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wendy is pretty obviously a fictitious character however I suspect that whoever is behind this nom de plume is someone who has handled and has first hand knowledge of the new products.

Anyway it would be a lot quieter in here without her posts so I'm thankful we have Wendy's material to ponder.

bazz.

Last edited by sir_bazz; 01-17-2008 at 01:13 AM.
01-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote

she is one of the beta camera tester under NDA.

Who makes these decisions, and by what criteria? Do they ship you the camera?

Is it a varying demographic thing where Karen, the retiring motor vehicles dept. clerk in Newton, Mass; Juan, the brunch manager at that big portuguese restaurant in Kalamazoo; and Clarise the CPA in Amagansett, NY, amongst others just seem to luck out in acquiring these cameras to test?

Last edited by mutley; 01-17-2008 at 01:30 AM.