Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2008, 04:49 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The real question is: Is Wendy a Master beta tester?

01-17-2008, 04:51 AM   #77
Busiko

Portuguese Restaurant...

QuoteOriginally posted by mutley Quote
Who makes these decisions, and by what criteria? Do they ship you the camera?

Is it a varying demographic thing where Karen, the retiring motor vehicles dept. clerk in Newton, Mass; Juan, the brunch manager at that big portuguese restaurant in Kalamazoo; and Clarise the CPA in Amagansett, NY, amongst others just seem to luck out in acquiring these cameras to test?
Instead of a camera I would like to test a "Bacalhau ŕ Zé do Pipo" at that portuguese restaurant in Kalamazoo.
Rui
01-17-2008, 05:41 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmmmm...

I wonder...

Wendy B = Ben K???

Rumour has it he was using an alias on the "other" forum after being banned and was caught?

The plot thickens...

Any technically gifted members able to trace their posts back to the source?

Last edited by Tom Lusk; 01-17-2008 at 05:56 AM.
01-17-2008, 05:58 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
What she wrote in that thread has no relationship to this one at all. Being a Pentax beta tester does not mean that whatever he/she wrote is correct. She stated one of her belief there (which is NOT Pentax or K20D related), I am skeptical as well, but that has nothing to do with K20D prototype or what she wrote here. Obviously she read something in the internet or have been told about those seemingly out-of-the-world stuff. And you know that there are plenty out there.
Ah, but it is related -- that discussion comes out of her claim that the supposedly-leaked K20D test shots from Dubai have been proven via "sensor fingerprinting" to be from a K100D. (Did she say "those aren't like test shots I've taken?" No....)

There's no reason at all to believe what she's saying other than a wish to believe.

Ben K. sometimes acts pretty ridiculous, but he's highly credible (despite wrong predictions this summer) because he's using his real name and one can verify that he is indeed a pro fashion photographer and find all sorts of details on his history. More than you might want, even. He might not be right but it's pretty sure he means what he says.

By contrast, who is this "WendyB"? Someone who showed up here a month ago, and who has some random unverifiable profile details (37 years old, "Pentax photgrapher amateur 30 years") claiming secret knowledge. (Interestingly, while that does nothing to establish credibility, if it's accurate it's certainly enough to be sure that she won't get to sign a NDA next time around -- why do that?)

Maybe she does have some inside information, but the smart money on "no she doesn't").

This isn't just me showing up and calling someone a liar. Extraordinary claims demand, well, at least a smidgen of skepticism.

01-17-2008, 06:06 AM   #80
Veteran Member

About the "digital fingerprints"

We don't know what she means exactly, and she probably can't say much more if it is true. She could mean that all Pentax cameras have a fingerprint. This fingerprint might identify sensor/camera models, not a specific camera built. Or as someone said, she could be repeating what someone else said.

There are many technologies for digital authentication, some have been available for many years. There is a software being developed in NY for recognizing camera models from single samples, it's not unfeasable. Finding the truth behind photographs: Newsroom: SPIE.org

All this talk about conspiracies and crap, camera database, comes all from your mind. Please stop harassing people who try to state knowledge of their own or post useful information. This forum is becoming unbearable with every thread ending up in flames. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't accuse people this way or discard their opinios like this on a face-to-face conversation, so try not to hide behind your LCD.
01-17-2008, 06:09 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Will the camera incorporate a built-in TV tuner that we can use to watch programs on the rear panel?
01-17-2008, 06:12 AM   #82

I am a newbie here, but not at other places. And in other fields that interest me, I know a few people with actual insider information.

From my experience, I can tell you that if someone actually wants to leak inside info, he/she will be most careful to hide his/her identity to avoid problems with NDA. In that regard, I would say it fits to see that Wendy won't give any hint about her/his real identity.

Besides, and in my humble opinion, her posts look credible. We will see in short whether they hold water or not. But my instict says "yes".

BTW, I don't know how many of you guys can read Spanish. For those who can, there is a webpage from a Spanish well known photographer, Valentín Sama, called DSLR Magazine. He's extremely well informed, and he's under NDA with Pentax regarding the K20 (since November 2007). No secret here: he posted it.

If you look at his post on upcoming products for PMA 08 (here), and based on the drawings from recently disclosed Pentax patents, an on the recently leaked specs of the Samsung GX-20, he speaks openly about Live View ON THE VIEWFINDER.

There is actually a very little jump to make from that to suggest that the rumoured 720 p/H264 video is more than a possibility in the K20HD. And I happily do that jump, as I signed no NDA whatsoever. In fact, I just updated the little article I posted about the rumoured specs of the K20HD in my blog with this very piece of info, that I consider overlooked thus far.

01-17-2008, 06:24 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
From my experience, I can tell you that if someone actually wants to leak inside info, he/she will be most careful to hide his/her identity to avoid problems with NDA. In that regard, I would say it fits to see that Wendy won't give any hint about her/his real identity.
So your theory is that the personal info in her profile is fake?

I'm not saying that she's definitely not got inside information. I'm just saying her credibility is extremely low, and that therefore it's extremely likely this whole thread is a hoax.
01-17-2008, 06:35 AM   #84

No: I just mean what I wrote, that people leaking info have to be very careful about their ID.

And I keep on thinking that Wendy's posts look credible. But this is just me smelling, and I could be completely wrong.
01-17-2008, 06:37 AM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
So your theory is that the personal info in her profile is fake?

I'm not saying that she's definitely not got inside information. I'm just saying her credibility is extremely low, and that therefore it's extremely likely this whole thread is a hoax.
Just like all the other threads in this forum. Come on... YOU think her credibility is extremely low. For me her credibility is a non-issue. This is the internet, you know. If she's right, good, if she's not, whatever!!
01-17-2008, 06:44 AM   #86

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Will the camera incorporate a built-in TV tuner that we can use to watch programs on the rear panel?

With earphones embedded on the strap
01-17-2008, 07:00 AM   #87
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote

I hope it comes with an cordless remote control. It would be absolutely barbaric if I had to get out of my chair to change the channel on my camera.
01-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Falcons Quote
I hope it comes with an cordless remote control. It would be absolutely barbaric if I had to get out of my chair to change the channel on my camera.
ROFLMAO...
01-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #89
Veteran Member

off topic.. why people still speculate on k** *D if there already is a site called
www.k20d.jp
only if its not actually owned by pentax...
01-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
I wonder...

Wendy B = Ben K???

Rumour has it he was using an alias on the "other" forum after being banned and was caught?

The plot thickens...

Any technically gifted members able to trace their posts back to the source?
Damn! I just had the vision of a bald man sitting on the porche of a nice house in Grosse Pointe, Michigan with a rubby-red wig on its laughing head!