Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #91
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ytterbium Quote
off topic.. why people still speculate on k** *D if there already is a site called
www.k20d.jp
only if its not actually owned by pentax...
Oh, sure K20D is real. The question here is which camera Wendy has been testing. The K** *D is her own words, so that's the most "accurate" description of her camera. And she added "H" in front of the D; a cryptic implication of certain feature in the K20D camera.

And K20D.jp is legit. There were some concern about K20D registered under PENTAX, while other sites were registered under PENTAX CORP. But K20d.jp now resolve to the same IP as a legit official Pentax site K100D.jp, so we can be certain that's a legit official site. Probably the CORP part is now dropped as Pentax Corp does not exist any more.

01-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
There is actually a very little jump to make from that to suggest that the rumoured 720 p/H264 video is more than a possibility in the K20HD. And I happily do that jump, as I signed no NDA whatsoever. In fact, I just updated the little article I posted about the rumoured specs of the K20HD in my blog with this very piece of info, that I consider overlooked thus far.
A lot of your info in your blog was based on mutley's post here and in dpreview - and you probably can delete them, as two separate people under NDA have openly said that those were false. And the model name should be K20D, the K20 "H"D is just a cryptic description by Wendy as a teaser for a new feature of K20D.
01-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #93
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
A lot of your info in your blog was based on mutley's post here and in dpreview - and you probably can delete them, as two separate people under NDA have openly said that those were false. And the model name should be K20D, the K20 "H"D is just a cryptic description by Wendy as a teaser for a new feature of K20D.
Those two people if under NDA cannot comment if it's true or false. NDA is like that! So their comments have no value.
01-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #94
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
Those two people if under NDA cannot comment if it's true or false. NDA is like that! So their comments have no value.
I can agree with that but not taking their comments into account and actually taking Mutley's comments into account is... well weird.

01-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #95

A lot of your info in your blog was based on mutley's post here and in dpreview
Yes, I stated above (and in my blog) the sources of the info.

QuoteQuote:
- and you probably can delete them, as two separate people under NDA have openly said that those were false. And the model name should be K20D, the K20 "H"D is just a cryptic description by Wendy as a teaser for a new feature of K20D.
Maybe you are right, maybe not. We will see in short. Anyway, I don't pretend to be any kind of guy "in the know": I just posted what looks credible to me, nothing more.

So I will correct happily the wrong info at my blog when the cat is actually out of the bag.
01-17-2008, 11:10 AM   #96
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
I don't follow though. I have no idea what the exact terms of the NDA, do you? I am sure they are not allowed to disclose specific feature of the camera. But if those people are willing to stand up and stated that certain speculations are blatantly false and without bases, why would those comments have no value? Wendy is under NDA, and I certainly won't dismiss her riddle in this thread.
01-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #97

Photos: Gallery | Albums
how old is mom (part II)

QuoteOriginally posted by torge Quote
[COLOR="Silver"]

Now that my daughter is 14 we progress well beyond the twean's.

If the daughter is 14MP, how old might mom be? Hopefully at least something like 16 or 17MP more. Would make her approx. 31MP. 645D is kind of a strange name for mom, but naming your daughter K20D isn't much better.

This is fun
Torge
as a follow up to my own post (is this an indication of how sad this all is?):

Found a new rumour here: ? Objectifs pour PENTAX - laïcitaÿ exigée - Objectifs - Photo numérique - FORUM HardWare.fr

Mom is 38MP!

Cheers,
Torge

01-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #98
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wendy is under NDA, and I certainly won't dismiss her riddle in this thread.
More precisely, "WendyB" says/hints that she is under an NDA.

I'm curious -- has anyone here signed a Pentax NDA for a *previous* camera test? What sort of terms were involved? And, did they really (as several people on forums seem to indicate) pick random amateur photographers as their testers?
01-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #99

^ That french stuff is old in that forum. But it says some interesting rumors. I'll just group them with the rest of the rumors until otherwise...

- It says the K20D will actually be released in the summer of 2008 and will be called the HOYA K20D, according to the HOYA CEO, since Pentax will become a HOYA house brand after March.

Do I believe that? No dice.
01-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #100

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote

I'm curious -- has anyone here signed a Pentax NDA for a *previous* camera test? What sort of terms were involved? And, did they really (as several people on forums seem to indicate) pick random amateur photographers as their testers?
Always wondered about the "Beta Tester". From software to hardware...always been intrigued by the details and the prospect of being the one under a NDA. After all, who better to sample than a photographer who loves Pentax gear. I second the the Thread. Any NDA or beta testers past or present?
01-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Quote
^ That french stuff is old in that forum. But it says some interesting rumors. I'll just group them with the rest of the rumors until otherwise...

- It says the K20D will actually be released in the summer of 2008 and will be called the HOYA K20D, according to the HOYA CEO, since Pentax will become a HOYA house brand after March.

Do I believe that? No dice.
Hoya themselves stated that they will keep the Pentax brand name. It's the right thing to do, because Pentax is very well known for making cameras. Whereas Hoya do filters. (very good filters, mind you)
01-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #102
and
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote

thats an interesting question, and I wonder how much feedback these people can give and if they are heard. at least after the announcement we should be able to hear some stories about the k10d. and since ppl have tested it we can get hands on experiences from it even before its in stores.
01-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #103
Forum Member

Hi all, enjoyed this thread so much I decided to join the forum. Hope you don't mind but here is my take on the riddle. Much is the same as what others have already said:

Will not do your laundry. (It will not take your pictures for you - i.e. still need some intelligence behind the viewfinder to get acceptable results)

It will not fold your clothes. (It will still require some post processing to get ideal results)

Nor can it do fluff and fold. (Not Full Frame)

What it can do is, move forward well beyond the competition with no vertical wrinkles (No verticle banding)
and no banding in your fluff and folded high end expensive blue jeans (Not sure what this means, ?compares favorably to the full frame Nikon?)

Please respect that I have to be "very delicate" in doing this laundry here. ( i.e. she is under NDA)

When it comes to whites they are very pure clean and true (Whites may mean Highlights, as in increased dynamic range)
especially when my daughter (i.e. "D" as in K20D) is on the balance beam. (i.e. on a tripod. Possible some sort of HDR function that requires a tripod)

Having done my laundry (i.e. taken photos) over the past few months with several prime specimens of the CN railroad and do not forget the O's in my hands to compare what went through the wash with the P in the mix. (Compared to the competition)

When the laundry came out of the dryer, (i.e. after post-processing)

The P and O had a strong battle for the top of the laundry pile. The C and N still had a bit of embedded dirt in the weave. (Sounds like less noise to me compared to the particular models from C and N that she was using - i.e not necessarily the D3 or D300)

When my daughter preformed on the balance beam (tripod doesn't seem to make as much sense here, but still could be), she had to run really quick to take a very satisfied P. (hopefully quick autofocus in low light conditions, i.e. when you might need a tripod or shake reduction)

So mom put the very clean P on top of the laundry pile. (best photos of the bunch)

Now that my daughter is 14 we progress well beyond the twean's. (14+ Mpix is well beyond 12)

Something wonderful yet practical reaches our hands. We move beyond the cradle and move towards her success in life. (Pentax will finally get the respect it deserves with this new camera and/or it will be available very soon)

Do not expect it to do your laundry, expect it to do what is supposed to do, photograph with the most "excellence" of available technology and beyond. (Don't know why "excellence" is in quotes, does anyone else have this one figured out?)

In any case, lots of fun, may not mean a thing, we'll all find out soon enough.

Mike
01-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #104
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Official GAG oder has been placed and wrists slapped really hard.

YouTube - Dirty Laundry Music Video
01-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
Official GAG oder has been placed and wrists slapped really hard.

YouTube - Dirty Laundry Music Video
Sorry to hear that. It's been fun. Take a run down to Emerald City for happy hour tomorrow night and have one on me. Send me a PM and I'll send you some Maine Lobstah right off the boat for all your help.

Thanks,

Ken