Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2008, 05:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Contradiction

When I heard again and again some people saying that:-

"It's just a camera!" "It's just a tool!" "The camera is not important (but the photographer is)!" and so on..

But now that I could hear from quite some of the same persons saying that:-

"I simply can't wait!" "I'm so excited!" plus the endless hoax or rumour posts about the new cameras and so on..(!?)

So, I just wonder.. as usual.. WHY? ;-D

01-16-2008, 05:58 AM   #2
oRs

Get a life, Ricehigh. Please.
01-16-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by oRs Quote
Get a life, Ricehigh. Please.
I simply can't help! U know..
01-16-2008, 06:11 AM   #4

This is only my second post in Pentax Forums, but I have been reading for months this and other places, where RiceHigh uses to post.

So my contribution is this one:

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

01-16-2008, 06:19 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote

"It's just a camera!" "It's just a tool!" "The camera is not important (but the photographer is)!" and so on..

"I simply can't wait!" "I'm so excited!" plus the endless hoax or rumour posts about the new cameras and so on..(!?)

While it is true that the photographer is the important part in making a picture, there is also the inherent pleasure one gets from working with great tools.

And also the magpie-like reaction to new shiny stuff

-- MW
01-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #6
JMS

So what would you like to be for Halloween this year, RH- the pot, or the kettle?
01-16-2008, 06:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I don't see any contradiction here...

To me there is no contradiction between knowing that ultimately, if you don't have the eye or talent of a good photographer (as I suspect is my case...) you can use the best tool there is on the market and still stay an average artist and wanting to have the best possible tool in your hands for your craft.

Furthermore, the tool in itself won't give you talent but it might expand your artistical horizon if the technological step is significant.
01-16-2008, 06:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Unless that tool also gives you a great advantage like features no other camera on the market has to help you get a cool looking shot like never before.

Just wait RH cause it'll be worth your time and effort to pick this camera apart and there will be a few things that you will def pick apart so no need to start early.

01-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I've already started selling off some gear to make available some funds for this new camera.. I'm giddy with excitement!
01-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #10

RH, I've read all your posts here and I agree with a lot of folks that what you typically post on this forum are the worthless ramblings of a Pentax hating troll. Why you continue posting here, other than getting links to your blog and pushing peoples buttons, is beyond me.

With that off my chest, this post is different. I think it's actually a valid question.

People are curious by nature. That explains the speculation threads. The one thing we all have in common on this site is that we use Pentax products much to your chagrin. We all want to produce images that are pleasing to ourselves and others. I think the upcoming new cameras and (hopefully) lenses will aid in that quest so naturally I'm curious what they will be like. I don't participate in the speculation threads because I'm willing to wait until the official announcements are made. I also don't plan on running out and buying anything the first day it's available.

I think a big part of photography is the person and their vision as well as their ability to capture that vision. The tools used, of course, do figure into it as well. Personally, I like to use the best tool available for a given task. When it comes to photography, I've got a long way to go but I'm learning. If a new camera or a new lens might help me progress or produce better images then it will get my interest.

We really do need a popcorn smiley here...

Slick
01-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #11

WHY are you here?
01-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #12
wll
Veteran Member

What's Up!

I have never seen or heard of anyone like you. What is going on in your head ?

You have been kicked out of every forum you have been on except this one, and to voice your ? you needed to start your own blog. I don't understand.

wll
01-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #13
Veteran Member

My first post. But we have met before.
John Lennon once said. "I am an artist. You give me a tuba and I'll get something out of it. "
It wouldent be a convenient way to work. but it would work.
I am an artist, give me a Pentacon Six and I'll get something out of it. Give me a Holga and I'll get something out of it! Give me a pinhole camera and I'll get something out of it.
It wouldent be Ideal.
I am an artist, I have a K10D and i get something out of it. Get me a K20D and I will get something more out of it. Give me a Canon and I will complain that the colours and textures look plastic.
01-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #14
Veteran Member

This thread has become a RH bashing thread and to be honest he has gotten much better about what he has been saying lately and some of his more recent post have been contributive. I'm going to lock this down since only like 3 responses have been on topic and it's not going to get much better once RH replies to any of it.
Closed Thread