Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Pick up to 3 of your favorite photo articles to win our $1000 giveaway!
A Photographer's Guide to Perspective Distortion 18324.21%
Do It Yourself Tripod Mount How to build a tripod mount for telephoto lenses 648.47%
In-Camera Time and its Importance 466.08%
Making the Most of Long Exposure Handhelds 23030.42%
Martini Splashdown: How I made the shot 9412.43%
Old School Ideas for Digital Photography 18324.21%
The Perfect Zebra Shot in Three Steps 8811.64%
Picture Effects Without Computers 10614.02%
Post-Processing Guide Using GIMP 10814.29%
Sea&Sea Underwater Case Do-It-Yourself for Pentax 597.80%
Shooting a Starscape: A quick how-to 12516.53%
Star Trail Photography: An Introduction 15420.37%
Time Lapse Guide for Beginners 15019.84%
Using Linux for Photography: Where do we stand? 739.66%
What to Pack When You Backpack w/ Minimal Weight 15420.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 756. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
VOTE NOW: $1000 Giveaway!

Let the voting for the winners of our $1000 giveaway begin!

The top 8 entries with the highest number of votes will be the winners! Remember that we have a grand prize of $500-1,000 of merchandise at B&H, a $150 gift card, a $100 gift card, and five $50 gift cards.

In addition to the votes cast in this poll, one additional percent of votes will be assigned to each entry for every 1,000 views it receives, divided by the number of pages.
So, for example, if 200 total votes are cast in the poll, and a 5-page article gets 10,000 views, an extra 4 votes (2%) would be added to that article.

Without further ado, let the voting begin! Please share this poll with your friends, and be sure to read all of the articles, which are also accessible here:
Member Photo Articles - Camera Technique - PentaxForums.com

Here are the finalists, in alphabetical order, as in the poll:

• A Photographer's Guide to Perspective Distortion
    There are many places on the Internet that try to explain perspective distortion. Most of these sites are technically accurate but not all that helpful in understanding how or why to use perpendicular distortion. This article takes a fresh down-to-earth view on distortion.
  • Do It Yourself Tripod Mount: How to build a tripod mount for telephoto lenses
    In this article we will show how to build a tripod mount for telephoto camera lenses without a factory-installed mount.
  • In-Camera Time and its Importance
    Most people will not care about the accuracy of the clock in their camera. But for those of us who shoot with multiple cameras, or wish to sync our images with a GPS log, the issue is a lot more important. For some, it will be enough just to get two cameras to agree on the time. For others, having the accurate time recorded in each photograph may be essential (GPS log sync).
  • Making the Most of Long Exposure Handhelds
    We explore the four fundamentals of marksmanship and how they apply to improving one's photographic technique.
  • Martini Splashdown: How I made the shot
    To create a photograph like this one you must master not only high speed photography but also light and color! Read on for all the tips!
  • Old School Ideas for Digital Photography
    I started taking photos during the 35mm film age so I consider myself old school. I embraced the digital age head on with the purchase of a K10D over four years ago and have never looked back to the good old days of film. However, there are quite a few old school ideas that transform well into the digital era.
  • The Perfect Zebra Photo in 3 Easy Steps
    A thought-provoking article about seeing and taking photographs of what you see.
  • Picture Effects Without Computers
    This article offers a list of some of the most common but useful and artistic effects you can do with just your camera, any DSLR, and no computers! Read on if you'd rather use your camera than spend time with post-processing software!
  • Post-Processing Guide Using GIMP
    After going through a few thousand photos from a holiday trip, I developed a post-processing workflow that makes this activity less frustrating using GIMP!
  • Sea&Sea Underwater Case Do-It-Yourself for Pentax
    In this article we will learn how you adapt an underwater case to a Pentax DSLR, such as the K200D. This is much more secure that just using a plastic bag!
  • Shooting a Starscape: A quick how-to
    So you want to get a shot of the night sky to show stars, meteors, and/or the Milky Way? It's not that hard but you will need a few basic items. This article will tell you what you need and how to use it.
  • Star Trail Photography: An Introduction
    We have a fun option available to us to shoot the heavens, and it doesn't require much beyond what you probably already have in your general photography kit. This article shows you how to easily shoot star trails.
  • Time Lapse Guide for Beginners
    This guide will help anyone with a Pentax SLR make his own high quality time lapse videos. A time lapse video is a sequence of photos which shows some event over time and which has been combined into a video. It sounds simple but there is a bit more to it than meets the eye at first!
  • Using Linux for Photography: Where do we stand?
    Where is Linux today as a platform for image processing? The Unix / Linux philosophy is to write programs that do one thing only and do it well at the cost of lesser integration. How well does it work?
  • What to Pack When You Backpack w/ Minimal Weight
    For me photography has lead to a love for the outdoors, and the outdoors has increased my love for photography. Sure, i could hit the trails sans camera, documenting the trip with mental snapshots recorded on my internal memory, but being able to interact with my surroundings through a lens is what makes being outdoors special.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Voted....
05-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I've also voted.
05-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Great idea. I voted.

05-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I realllly don't think it's necessary for people to post that they voted...

That said, I voted
05-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #6
Forum Member

Shouldn't the poll results be hidden to make it more interesting?
05-10-2012, 03:56 AM   #7
Forum Member

There is something wrong with the poll list, I see two "Old School Ideas for Digital Photography" lines and none of my favorite "The perfect Zebra shot in three steps"

05-10-2012, 04:31 AM   #8

Voted, the poll need to be fixed tho.
05-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sid_94 Quote
Voted, the poll need to be fixed tho.
Adam, "old school..." is there twice on the list.
05-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The poll has been fixed, and the results have been hidden. I will reset the poll results shortly to give everyone a fair shot.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Done as well
05-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #12

Good luck everyone! Cindy :-D
05-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #13

I picked one and realised I could pick up to three. How do I pick the other two?
05-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #14

Voted!!!!!!
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
You can't change your votes once you submit your choices, so make sure you pick the ones you want!