Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Pick up to 3 of your favorite photo articles to win our $1000 giveaway!
A Photographer's Guide to Perspective Distortion 18324.21%
Do It Yourself Tripod Mount How to build a tripod mount for telephoto lenses 648.47%
In-Camera Time and its Importance 466.08%
Making the Most of Long Exposure Handhelds 23030.42%
Martini Splashdown: How I made the shot 9412.43%
Old School Ideas for Digital Photography 18324.21%
The Perfect Zebra Shot in Three Steps 8811.64%
Picture Effects Without Computers 10614.02%
Post-Processing Guide Using GIMP 10814.29%
Sea&Sea Underwater Case Do-It-Yourself for Pentax 597.80%
Shooting a Starscape: A quick how-to 12516.53%
Star Trail Photography: An Introduction 15420.37%
Time Lapse Guide for Beginners 15019.84%
Using Linux for Photography: Where do we stand? 739.66%
What to Pack When You Backpack w/ Minimal Weight 15420.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 756. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-25-2012, 02:10 PM - 1 Like   #46

Too many choices ... again !

I wanted to vote on the last survey, too. That was, until, I found out that I had to go through 100+ photos and then rank them so that I could pick the top #XYZ photos to which to distribute my vote(s). After 5 mins I realized it was going to take me 2 hours to make rational choices for my vote.

Can we please have tournament voting in the future? Maybe some vote where there are only 3 choices. And then through a series of these votes, you finally determine a tournament winner?

I'd like to vote for this one too, but I haven't already read all 15+ articles and it encourages me not the least to be faced with the daunting task to read 15+ articles in order to make a fair comparison. Now if it were 3 or 5 articles only I'd be able to invest the time and give it a good thorough think-through - read the articles - and then vote !!!

- DWG

05-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #47

Photos: Gallery
done frome azores island's hehe

Theres a Pentax in the middle of the sea :P
05-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Voted
05-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MrStupid Quote
I don't get it I selected "Making the Most of Long Exposure Handhelds, Old School Ideas for Digital Photography and Star Trail Photography: An Introduction" and clicked the thing thinking eventually I'll find out what it is were voting on/about....... so I mean those are things to be voted for? Why? Ahhhhh now I see, way to cryptic, needs to have the photo icons at the top of the voting page not on some other page to be found later after you already accidentally voted for who knows what or why.
I know your problem - you selected "Making the Most of Long Exposure Handhelds," which is correct, but the selection of any others will cause the system to crash.

lol just kidding

With the voting phase coming to a close, I wish all the other participants the very best of luck. I know that all of your articles have made me a significantly better photographer. In theory that is - in practice is a whole different monster that I have to tackle

-Heie

05-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
I know your problem - you selected "Making the Most of Long Exposure Handhelds," which is correct, but the selection of any others will cause the system to crash.
Yeah, I don't know what those other 'authors' were thinking, gumming up the system like that.

;-)
05-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #51

Hi,
Frenchie voted
05-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #52

Voted

Thanks to everyone who submitted articles. I enjoyed all of them. It was a tough decision to pick only three!

05-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #53

Voted
05-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #54
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ManWithCamera Quote
Apparently, I'm the only one not smart enough to figure this out.... How do I vote? I don't see any radio buttons, checkboxes, etc. What am I missing?

EDIT: Never mind. It's working now. I see a checkbox next to each of the choices.

:-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I see no check boxes at all! And I have been looking for an hour! There just ARE no check boxes on my screen!
I have refreshed the page several times, and I can see no way to cast my vote.

So... Adam, if you will, I would like you to post my votes for (If you will):

1. Time Lapse Guide for Beginners

2. Shooting Starscapes

3. Old School Ideas

If you would rather not do this, that's fine. But fix the page so it is easy to use.
I cannot imagine posting a contest of this nature withour a sure way to vote.
I understand that hundreds of people have voted, but, for the life of me, I don't
see how they did it. I don't know if it's a glitch, or if it's just too hard for an old
photography geek, and no computer expert (I don't even manipulate my photos
on the computer), to figure out how to vote.
Thanks so much.
Unclejim
05-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #55
NKK
Inactive Account

Voted - there is some nice articles here, nice initative
05-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #56

Voted!
05-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #57
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
2 days to go- let's aim for 250 more voters!!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #58

when does the voting end exactly?
06-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #59
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Looks like we have some winners - congratulations, guys!

First place
($500 B&H gift card)
Second place ($150 gift card)

Third place ($100 gift card)

Fourth place (5x $50 gift card)

Runners-up

Total voters: 756

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #60
Veteran Member

Wow, I am truly humbled!

Thank you everyone for all the support, and thank you to the participants for the competition. This was also a nice surprise to return to after finally getting power back since my office and the generators within it burned down! Was quite the evening lol.

Thank you again and I hope my article made each of you just a little bit better, like the community here has repeatedly done for me.

Very Respectfully,
Heie